RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Think I killed my ESky 404?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryan S

Ryan S

Think I killed my ESky 404? Empty
PostSubject: Think I killed my ESky 404?   Think I killed my ESky 404? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:03 pm

ESky 0404 Tx...

Was messing around with the trainer cable to get my brother some flight time on the HBFP, next thing I know, it's not sending any signal. Radio turns on, power lights on, but when I plug in the 4-in-1 (or any of my other recievers to test, for that matter), I just get a flashing red and green. What's weird about it is that if you pull out the crystal in the Tx while the reciever is looking for a signal, the servos start flipping out... so it's like the reciever is recognizing the Tx, but it's not 'accepting' it. The Tx won't work with the soft dog for FMS or any flight sim program. I've tired other sets of crystals and Rx's to no avail, and other Tx's which all worked, so I know the problem is the ESky 404 Tx itself.

Everything looks tiddy inside the Tx, no burnt transistors or circuits, so I'm at a loss...

Ideas?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Think I killed my ESky 404?   Think I killed my ESky 404? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:40 pm

I've read before on ESky's website that you should always remove the batteries before removing the crystal, maybe something happened when you removed the crystal, although I would think the crystal would go bad, not the Tx
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Think I killed my ESky 404?   Think I killed my ESky 404? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:20 pm

I think that is nonsense about that crystal thing. I always remove it when the batteries is inserted. Maybe removing it when TX is on is bad thing but I also don't think so orange69 And he said he tried TX with other crystals orange73 Maybe there are short circuit somewhere? orange78
Back to top Go down
Ryan S

Ryan S

PostSubject: Re: Think I killed my ESky 404?   Think I killed my ESky 404? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Never took the crystal out while the Rx was on until after it decided to die.

I think the issue with the Rx is something related to getting shorted out by the trainer cable. Worked right before I was messing with the trainer cable, then stopped working right after. Possibly might've shorted it through the trainer jack.

Not overly worried about the now broken Rx, just kind of a bummer. I liked having seperate Rx's for each FM toy. Now I just have to cough up the dough for a programmable FM radio for all my FM toys... hehe. orange4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think I killed my ESky 404?   Think I killed my ESky 404? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Think I killed my ESky 404?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Info, Video, Photos and Accesories :: RC Transmitters and Receivers-
Jump to: