RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBFP 4in1

Go down 
+3
--==AxeL==--
Donnie D
jstarks
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jstarks

jstarks

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:38 am

I got my HBFP parts in and after a few sucessful 5-10 second hovers and one roll over, I noticed a serious vibration at higher rotor speeds. if you try to power thru it, it becomes more violent. If you slow it down (stop) and throttle up again, it is smooth until you get to about 2/3 stick.
I checked all of the linkages and they are fine so then I checked blade tracking and thats when I noticesd that when I get to about 2/3 throttle the green light on the 4in1 turns red. I changed the battery and the same thing happened. Between 2/3 and 3/4 throttle, the green light on the 4in1 goes red.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is this normal? orange78
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 2:51 pm

That's normal. Don't worry about it. As far as the vibration goes, you have something out of adjustment or maybe a damaged part. Just go thru the head and check everything carefully, you'll find it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks Donnie,

I took everything apart, checked the main shaft, closelly inspected the center hub and the only thing that I found is that the main gear had a lot of vertical slack so , when I put it back together I put some upward pressure on the main shaft while I tightened the set collar and that fixed that problem.

I traced back to when the vibration started and remembered that I didn't notice it until after I put the training gear on. So with everything put back together, I removed the training gear and it flys fine.

Do you think that the training gear could have been acting like a tuning fork and amplifying a small vibration? Or is that just totally crazy newbie thinking? Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:54 pm

Yes. The training geat will not cause a vibration, but will magnify a vibration and make it worse.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:52 pm

Hey J,

Take a look at this, it appears someone else has similar issue: https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/general-rc-questions-f6/newbie-honey-bee-fp-help-t698.htm

Good luck and hope you get sorted orange74
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:49 pm

I just got my hbfp and basically had the same problem, (I took Marc's advise and bought all the spare parts recommended), everything is good but my tracking is a little off and as hard as I tried can not get them to track right, so I swapped blades and same thing, some times have good lift off, some times not good and would replace battery......what I finaly did was took the highest tracking blades from both sets and put them together and balanced, when I spun it up it almost went over the house it lifted off so good....

Buy the way, I've crashed a whole lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(about 20 batterys worth) just picked it up set the paddles and put battery back in put rotor head back on and would fly again (well up and crash again).I finally broke my first part and it was my swash plate(no spares not recommended,just my luck, have 3 on the way)....Once I got the gain set right it hovers a lot better, now i can hover for about 20-30 seconds before landing or "controled craching". Just a noob talking but I hope it helps some....

noob
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:12 am

Thanks all,

I have no problem with lift off!!! It lifts off faster than I can control but I am getting better.
I followed the RADDS flight course and that help tremendously! Now I can take off almost vertical every time without drifting to the left at all, but once it is in the air its a whole different story! excited

I think I have it set prettey good but I have a question. When I watch all of the videos on you tube of Nuttcaze and others, when they get into a hover it is like it is locked in and from looking at the heli it doesnt appear that there is alot of stick input to keep it there. When I hover, the best I can do is a gentle sway either a couple feet left to right or forward to aft, its never that "locked in" point.

Is this something that just comes with practice?

PS I just ordered a HBFPV2 and a belt cp V2 and cant hardly wait!!!! bouncy
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:44 am

I just got my HBFP V2!!!! I am charging the battery now....CHARGE FASTER DAMN IT!!!!!! orange75
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Where did you get it??? orange78

I am waiting on mine to come from rc711.

What about the hovering question???? flyaway

J.
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 pm

Ok...So I have a strange problem with my HBFP V2....when I throttle up, the blades wobble so much, that they actually invert and it sends the heli to the ground. I made a video of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc6fAad4Q3k . The attempt in the video, you can hear them invert. It's a rumble sound. I can get them to track either. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:47 pm

wow, thats a new problem I've never seen before but my intial thought is to make sure the pin holding the head on is still there
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:23 am

Oh Great...I'm screwed!! It's almost as if the blades are too soft and they just get distorted under the pressure. I just ordered some wooden blades. Maybe that will fix it...and I can take off the damn training gear!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:13 pm

New honeybee = new problems orange83 I also think it's main blades fault. It's strange orange78
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:16 pm

I noticed mine were pretty flexible but haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with mine, and I've flown it outside in the wind orange78

I would get the Carbon Fiber blades from Heli-World personally, when I get some extra cash I plan on picking some up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HBFP 4in1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP 4in1   HBFP 4in1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBFP 4in1
Page 1 of 1