RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

7.4 v vs 11.1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hardfourteen

hardfourteen

7.4 v vs 11.1 Empty
PostSubject: 7.4 v vs 11.1   7.4 v vs 11.1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:32 am

While this may be a really stupid question it comes from being new.
Without a lot of technical data - can I use an 11.1 battery in place of 7.4 or will this fry the electronics? Just something I am curious about and want to try but not if result is a foregone conclusion. noob

Another thing, I buy a heli - it comes with a battery and charger - when the appropriate light goes on - or off - charging complete..
What kind of equipment do these guys have who are talking about draining to certain level the various voltages at certain discharge rates, etc. ??? orange69
Back to top Go down
obikinobi

obikinobi

7.4 v vs 11.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re Battery Charger   7.4 v vs 11.1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 am

Hi There hardfourteen,
In relation to the first part of your question i do not have an answer but would suggest to probably stick with the battery rated for each heli and not try to swap them over but for the second part of your question regarding battery chargers you should be looking at getting a Thunder AC6 battery charger for you helis.It is a great charger for it's price and would advise watching the videos Nuttsy has posted on the topic.I got mine from Hobbypartz for a reasonable price and the shipping wasn't too bad either to Southern Australia.....Highly Recommended

Happy Flying
Obi :starwars:
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

7.4 v vs 11.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.4 v vs 11.1   7.4 v vs 11.1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:34 pm

hey hardfourteen,
the question of 7.4 v 11.1 batteries is a very good one that i have asked before.
i`ve had my `Bee` for 18mths now,always using the 7.4`s.
i have thought myself about trying a 11.1 but the general census seems to be to stick with the 7.4`s to save the 4-1.
the thing i can`t figure out tho` is why the new `Bee`comes with an 11.1v as standard even tho` the 4-1 is exactly the same Crazysmile
so it`s by no means a foregone conclusion about which battery can go where,i tell you one thing tho`,
RC-HELI`S,don`tcha just love `em :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

7.4 v vs 11.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.4 v vs 11.1   7.4 v vs 11.1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:22 pm

for the original HBFP I think it flew best on 7.4v's, IMO, but the new HBFP V2 won't fly on 7.4v because of the added weight, but the 4in1 or the motors won't be lasting very long, I'm sure we're gonna be hearing complaints about it soon. But like I mentioned somewhere on here, ESky does actually have plans to make an Brushless Upgrade Kit, but its not something they plan on doing for a while it seems.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

7.4 v vs 11.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.4 v vs 11.1   7.4 v vs 11.1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:27 pm

i do agree with you nuttz orange74
just can`t get my head round it Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

7.4 v vs 11.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.4 v vs 11.1   7.4 v vs 11.1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:36 pm

It depends on the heli what batteries you can use. On honey bee you can use both 7.4 and 11.1V batteries, but it's recommended to use 7.4V batteries because hb will last longer and it's cheaper that way. But you can't fly 450 size heli (eg belt cp) with 2 cell battery. Only 11.1V will work whacky046
Back to top Go down
hardfourteen

hardfourteen

7.4 v vs 11.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.4 v vs 11.1   7.4 v vs 11.1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Think I will give it a try. If you see a smallish mushroom cloud over the Okanagan in western Canada it was probablyn not a good idea...
Thabnks for the input! atomic orange60
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

7.4 v vs 11.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.4 v vs 11.1   7.4 v vs 11.1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7.4 v vs 11.1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Info, Video, Photos and Accesories :: RC Batteries and Chargers-
Jump to: