RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.

Go down 
+2
djem
blackrain0119
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. Empty
PostSubject: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:51 am

he should've recorded the part where i did some loops and tictocs. any way here it is. Ill do it next time, he ran out of disc. so enjoy... also a little nose in flying.

Back to top Go down
djem

djem

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:38 am

That was nice flying Blackrain. I could see you did enjoy and i did enjoy very much to. And what a nice sound, ggrreeaatt. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:17 am

Thanks djem. I did enjoy it very much.
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:38 pm

Niceeeee Flyin' :bigthumb: but... orange45 I don't like nitro orange75 they pain my ears orange69 and give me a orange1

That was really nice flying though and for sure...the larger heli's are more stable.

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:17 am

thanks ty. you're right , they're a little noisy, but i like it. good thing about nitro is that i dont have to keep charging batteries, and just keep flying allday, just land it and fuel it. besides i have a battery pack for my receiver, so it's not a problem for me flying all day. thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:29 am

SWEET heli you got there :bigthumb:

if anyone has bought a NITRO and they don`t like the sound PLEASE PM me and i`m sure we`ll be able to work out a deal :giggle:

what`s the flight differences between nitro and electric?
does the nitro give more power so it`ll be faster and more responsive
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:42 am

247rememberme wrote:
SWEET heli you got there :bigthumb:

if anyone has bought a NITRO and they don`t like the sound PLEASE PM me and i`m sure we`ll be able to work out a deal :giggle:

Thanks 247rememberme. Well the difference is, you don't have to keep charging batteries, and the headspeed is constant. I just like it since I can fly all day, no probs. Thanks for the input bro.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 am

Damn yoo, you're gonna be doing some hard 3D before the end of the year :bigthumb: :bigthumb: I can't wait to see more vids in the future :clap:

Another thing when comparing electric and nitro helis is that I can fly my electric helis anywhere I want without making someone mad because of the sound and smell, can't do that with nitro helis, my local hobby shop used to allow flying behind the shop till someone brought a nitro down and it pissed the owner of the property off and he banned all flying because he didn't like the sound and smell. But small local parks and neighborhoods aren't the best place to fly nitros, they need room and preferrably space away from houses where the sound can't bother people. Thats one of the reasons I like electric helis. orange68
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:25 am

I totally agree with you Marc. This is one of the disadvantages that I have. I can't fly my nitro at the local park, I have to go to the flying field for it. The only thing I can fly are my exi's. That's why I'm waiting for the esmart, so I can basically flt it anywhere. Thanks bro.
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:15 am

blackrain0119 wrote:
I totally agree with you Marc. This is one of the disadvantages that I have. I can't fly my nitro at the local park, I have to go to the flying field for it. The only thing I can fly are my exi's. That's why I'm waiting for the esmart, so I can basically flt it anywhere. Thanks bro.

glad to see a really nice conversation taking place 'bout nitro and electric. :bigthumb: The other thing is about nitro....from my experience, the residual castor oil/synth. oil from the exhaust damages your eyeglasses and whilst flying make deposits in the air which comes down on your car windshield and paint.....and you guys know what nitro does. This is from my nitro/gas days of flying giant scale.
Another point I'll have to bring up regarding flying larger electric heli's in local parks is that your local municipality may have By-Laws against flying model toys that are powered by any means. I had to draft such a by-law recently for the City of Toronto. It has been approved. Council set the minimum fine at $5000....go figure. The flip side is....if a modeller injures a mother and her kid and usually you don't have insurance when flying in parks, a lawyer will sue everyone, including the city and damages will have to be paid.
All I'm saying....be safe when flying in parks. Just find an open spot on private property if you don't want to join a club. I use my local flea market parking lot during the week when no one is there.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:04 pm

Thans TY for the info. I only fly at the park when nobody is there. Also lucky for me, I just got my AMA card, but like you said, always fly safe, and be careful. This way, we can avoid injuries.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:58 am

I gotta say I am super jealous of the run times on Nitros, but I have a 5 batteries and will be getting more as well as more chargers so eventually it'll equal out, well maybe not once my electric bill comes in orange54

I'm lucky to have quite a few places where I don't have to worry about people but its not just others you have to worry about, you also need to be aware of where/how you are flying so you don't hit yourself (more talking to the other noobies who may be reading this biggrin ), the more you fly the more you learn about and respect the dangers of helis which is why those who have been flying for a while stress saftey soo much to the beginners.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 am

Nuttcaze wrote:
I gotta say I am super jealous of the run times on Nitros, but I have a 5 batteries and will be getting more as well as more chargers so eventually it'll equal out, well maybe not once my electric bill comes in orange54

I think nitro fuel is more expensive than charging batteries orange45
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:55 pm

P3tras wrote:
Nuttcaze wrote:

I think nitro fuel is more expensive than charging batteries orange45

It is more expensive...the 600 size heli only get about 4 tank full from 1 gallon of fuel which is at min. 20%....this is one day fuel or two days fuel. A full tank will give about two flights. Then there is the starting equipment that goes with it.....the starter, glow igniter, 12V battery etc etc.....
There is the clean up after of the 'slime' left back by the muffler....the shop towels/paper towels, the after run oil, glow plugs etc etc.......
I've been flying 450 size E planes since Nov. 2005 and still use the LiPo batteries 4 yrs after...they are still going strong.
Hobby King has made it more cost effective for us who flies Electric.....batteries and stuff are cheap.

Sorry Nitro guys....just my take.... 2cents
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:39 pm

You guys are absolutely right, except I get 8 full tanks per gallon, and about 12to 15 min of fly time depending on how you set it up. That's why I also have electric helicopters which I fly evrerytime. I just couldn't hesitate the deal I got which was 400 dollars on that trex. A friend of mine got about 20 plus nitro helis, and he uses his synergy and avant all the time, and only flown that trex for 2 gallons, it was a very good deal for me. But as soon as that esmart, is available, ill be getting that one. I will get rid of all of my 450's and just fly those big helis, they are a lot stable and precise. Thanks guys for the input.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:38 pm

247rememberme wrote:
i hear what you`re all saying but what i really meant was, if say you had 1 electric and i nitro trex 600 both set-up the same,would the nitro be the `BIGGER,STRONGER,BROTHER` orange78
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 pm

I would say yes. Since its heavier, therefore a lot stable and stronger. For the power I think nitro is better since the headspeed is constant. For battery, its a lot cleaner and quiet. So its just personal preferences. I
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:12 pm

247rememberme wrote:
what i really meant was, if say you had 1 electric and i nitro trex 600 both set-up the same,would the nitro be the `BIGGER,STRONGER,BROTHER` [/size] [/color]

Umm....errr....ahhhh....would the more experienced pilots put their finger and give us some feedback as to which is stronger... :giggle: :prop: :crylaugh: Crazysmile orange60 orange58
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:21 pm

nitro is way to go. it has more power and speed.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:01 am

blackrain0119 wrote:
nitro is way to go. it has more power and speed.

even tho` i`ve never flown nitro i thought it would be "STRONGER!!" :grinn:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.   My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My trex600 nitro, with new canopy. i didnt know my buddy recorded it.
Page 1 of 1