RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?

Go down 
+2
jstarks
Bert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bert

Bert

Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? Empty
PostSubject: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:08 am

Hello boyz :grinn:

A friend of mine gots the addiction of RC Helis (my fault :crylaugh: )

He was thinking to get a coaxial like mine (Dauphin), to learn how i did.

I know the FP may be way better to learn, but he has not enough space to fly a HB in his back yard... but eventually he would come to me to open spaces so both we can fly our helis.

With this circunstances, what would you recommend to him?

Thanks in advance,
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:00 am

Even though space is limited, I still think HBFP.

I learned (still learning) to hover in my camper in a space that is aproximately 4 feet by 5 feet. It did cost me a flat screen tv but that was the only indoor space that I had. When I did get enough courage to go outside, it was easy to keep the heli in one spot because I learned in a small space. I never had coaxial so I dont know how they fly but I do know that going from fp to cp is an easy transition.

Just my opinion, hope it helps, Crazysmile

J.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:17 am

Hi Bert,
If your friend is really interested in RC helis, I think honey bee V2 is the best choice! :bigthumb:
P.S. How is your belt cp doing? orange6
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:42 pm

Jstarks:

Thanks, that give me a better idea of the capabilties of the HKFP. He has a similar space like you have as a back yard, so it may fit very well. :bigthumb:

But this bring to me another question: How far you can fly it with wind? in Coaxials, they are way easy to fly but they are light like a feather, most a indoor heli. And during 2-3 months we have some gusts... my Esky Dauphin can be send it to Alaska with such gusts, but the Belt CP V2 i have can handle it (Well... the last one ended in a hard crash by a hard gust).

Even i know the HBFP may be for indoor fly and learning... Does it has the chance to fly outdoors from almost none to mid wind in the field?.

P3tras:

Hey body! thanks for your recomendation, it was my thought to recommend the HBFP V2, not because it is the new one, but mostly because it is harder to get now the V1... But if you think it is wat better the V2 vs V1, I will recommend it as is. However, the V1 must be more cheaper somewhere in the chineses stores (american stores ask too much in taxes and shipping to Mexico than chinese stores).

And I would like to ask you the same question to Jstarks, please... How the HBFP V1 or V2 responds with the wind?.

and my beasty... my baby Belt CP... I'm cleaning the grease accumulated in the one way tube shaft, and seems it is responding, as DonnieD recomended to me, but it slowly can now move the blades and tail rotor... it will take a bit yet to make it run faster as it must. I miss my Belt CP orange4

In the middle time, my venerable Dauphin still flies in the windy skies of Mexico fly high

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your answers orange68

BTW... I am thinking to get one too as well so we can practice together... I just need to sell a kidnay and a lung to afford the costs :hahaha:

Last edited by Bert on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:52 pm

gotta be the great :bigthumb: HBFP :bigthumb:
........................................t_suckers............................................
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Well honey bee handles pretty well in the weak wind. But it can't take strong wind :grinn: And in Chinese stores 2.4ghz V2 version is ~10$ more expensive than V1 smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:55 pm

I totally agree with p3tras. orange74

I have been flying the hbfp v1 and v2 outside and they can take some wind but a strong gust will have you doing some major stick movement to try to get it back and not crash. gen150

But even when you do crash, most of the time you can just straighten the paddles and fly again! fly high

I have had it probably 30 to 40 feet away from me so far and when the wind hit it I was able to correct it and get it safely to the ground.

Both v1 and v2 are pretty darn tuff!!!!!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:53 pm

honeybee is a very good starter. i would recommend it to everyone. That darn little thing is pretty tough also. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:17 pm

Get the HBFP V2, heres mine, all stock and even a FM version, when I go to this field I regularly fly 75-100ft away with no problems, but I am not exactly in the middle of town so radio interference isn't an issue :bigthumb: also did you see my vid where my HBFP V2 drops 12ft onto pavement and nothing breaks, snapped the rotor head back down and kept flying. Another thing is I spent most of my time learning to hover in my 7ft x 6ft office, it was winter time and was too cold to practice in my garage orange72

HBFP V2 = Flying Tank :crylaugh:

Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:37 pm

thx for all your responses, you all are very kind :grinn:

"Flying tank"... Nutt, if i were u, i would run to USTPO and register the name, or the guys from TWF-Esky will steal it! :crylaugh: I guess it is a very good definition about what HBFP V2 is.

I will do these recomendations to my friend... we are not rich as we like, but we can save some money and get them for November, when high winds stops and the weather is better and not rainy here in Mexico. flyaway

My last question to bother you all, I did it in the HBFP V2 post too: What about the spare parts? I read from jstarks most of the V1 parts may work with the V2... but i read around some of our friends in the forum are having troubles to get a part for the Flying tank. How you are doing it with spare parts?

Thanks again, and thanks to do the effort to understand me, my english really really sucks... atomic
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:17 am

All parts from V1 will work except frame, skids, main shaft, tail boom, tail motor holder, flybar and paddles. But king3 uses the same skids and belt cp uses the same flybar and paddles. So you can't get the frame, tail boom, and tail motor holder. But you need to have skills to break those parts. And I think soon V2 parts will be in stock :prop:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?   Friends First Heli... what would be the better option? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friends First Heli... what would be the better option?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: General RC Questions-
Jump to: