RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide

Go down 
+2
mwf1227
Nuttcaze
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Empty
PostSubject: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:03 pm

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Eskyhbfp

No, this is NOT me flying happyno

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:03 pm

Basic Set-up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After you've removed the heli from the box and start charging the Ni-MH battery (Be sure to use a timer or alarm clock, when using the Ni-MH battery charger, it DOES NOT shut off automatically, never charge for more then 2 1/2 hours), take the time to do some pre-flight checks

1 - Level Flybar Paddles, these need to be level with the outer paddle control frame, also verify both are equal distance from the rotor head.

2 - Balance Main Rotor Blades, use gift wrap tape to add weight to blades.

3 - Verify all Screws are Tight

4 - Balance the heli, with the battery inserted, hold the heli by the flybar and note if either the nose or tail hangs lower then the other, the HBFP is always tail heavy, so experiment with battery placement to balance the heli.

5 - Level Servo Arms and Swashplate, this is simply making sure the servo arms are as level as possible and making sure the swashplate is level with the frame, turn the heli on and put all trim tabs in the center, adjust the servo arms first then adjust servo linkages to level the swashplate.

6 - Check blade tracking (need a charged battery for this), it is prefered that this be done in a stable hover but as a beginner just paint the tip of one blade white (white-out correction fluid works great) and hold it in the air by the skids and SLOWLY spin it up. BE CAREFUL! As the blades spin up, watch to see if both blades spin evenly or if 1 blades swings higher then the other. If the blades do not track, then holding the lower swinging blade by the tip, gently twist the blade to give it more pitch. Heat from a hair dryer can help with this. Its not an exact science so don't expect to always have perfect tracking.

My recomendation for this is to purchase Carbon Fiber Main Blades, strong, track good and provide great lift at low speeds (meaning you won't need a bigger motor).

7 - Trim the heli using trims tabs, this is something that can ONLY be done properly in a minimum 3-4ft hover, any lower and the heli will be affected by its rotor wash and throw off proper trim adjustments, also note that it is almost impossible to perfectly trim a HBFP

That is it for basic set-up for the HBFP. After this its practice and adjusting the heli to how you want it. Remember that the heli will always slide to the left on take off no matter what you do, so forget trying to use trims to fix that.

Happy Flyin'

Another thing to take some time and read is the HBFP page on EFlightWiki

http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwiki/index.php?title=HoneyBeeFP

Something Else I feel you should do, add a ziptie here, it'll help prevent the frame from breaking there

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Picture10

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:03 pm

[center]Recommended Replacement Parts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2cents

Heres the most commonly broken parts

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Centerhub-Center hub (at least 1)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Flybar-Flybar's (come in 2 packs)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Rotorhead-Rotor Head (cheap, can be fixed when they break, but good to have spares, lots)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Paddleframe-Outer paddle control frame (small ball links that can break easily)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Mainblade-Main blades (just one pair, they don't break very often though)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Mainframe-Main Frame set (an $8 part)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Dogbones-Ring Like push rods (really cheap buy as many as you can)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Skid-Landing skids (beginners should start with super skids, very durable, but stock skids are nice too, just weak)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Servolinks-Servo Linkage set (there are really small links that if not treated nice will break easily)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Tailrotor-tail rotor (there are small nubs that break off in bad crashes, can be reused, but its easier to have a new one)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Tailmotor-Spare tail motor (sometimes they last forever, sometimes they last for 5 flights)
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Tailgear - Tail rotor gear (hit the tail on something and the gear can break, not often but possible)

Also - The Century Hummingbird FP also shares some of the same parts as the Honeybee Fixed Pitch. Its funny because they are both referred to as "HBFP's" but the Hummingbird is a rare heli so anytime you see "HBFP" they are talking about the E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch (99.9% of the time Wink ).

http://www.heli-world.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=381&view=all

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:18 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Mods and Upgrades

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I'm not a fan of buying alot of upgrades the HBFP. I'll give you some info to get you started.

You should go read through this before modding your HBFP.

Slyster's HBFP Bible

http://www.slyster.com/heli/hbfpbible.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must Have Upgrades (opinions vary 2cents )

CNC Center Hub - This wasn't around when I first started but I wish it had been. Obviously if you strengthen one part it makes another part weaker but who cares, changing center hubs SUCKS

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide EHB009_MED

http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_307_575&products_id=10070

Another thing that should be upgraded are the skids, heres a new, cheap $ option available, only $11.90, I'm not sure how strong they are but I promise you they are stronger then stock skids lol!

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide EHB017

http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_307_575&products_id=10069

Something to change it up, cool scale canpoies but they kit makes the heli super tail heavy, but still tons of fun. Oh and the Honeybee in my vid is ALL stock no mods whacky034

This ones on clearance for $15 and I'm 80% sure it comes with motors, my kits did but they were slightly different

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide PAAAAAJGHHPGDICH

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=3338

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
mwf1227

mwf1227

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:44 am

Has anyone had experience with the Aluminum Central Hub from KRs hobbies? I ordered one and I hope it works out well because I would love to avoid having to replace Centrer Hub sets for the rest of my life!! I hate having to locate the hole for the pin!!

argh
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:47 am

haven't tried one myself but let me know how it works out
Back to top Go down
mwf1227

mwf1227

PostSubject: Batteries   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Anyone have battery suggestions for the HBFP?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:53 pm

A 1000-1200mAh is best, helidirect has this one for only $10.95 and they're located in Massachusettes, I have one myself

But you'll need to solder on your own connector, pretty simple

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide MP1000152

http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_377&products_id=2032

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:28 am

2cents The Mystery batterys from Deal Extreme are hard to beat. I have four 7.4v, 900 Mah ones for my HBFP, about $7.50 each and allready have the plugs attached. I also have an 11.1v, 2100 Mah for my Belt CP that was about $25.00. I've been really happy with both. Also hac an 11.1v. 2400 Mah one on order that should be here this week. Just be prepared to wait about 2 to 3 weeks for your order to arrive. If you're not in a hurry, they are hard to beat. Go to nutcaze .com and click on his HBFP site and you will find a link to them. smiley-happy088

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Right here, $7.31 w/ free shipping

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide Sku_7621_1

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7621

I also updated some info above, give me some time but I will get the rest of the info up soon.

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:34 am

added more info

bump
Back to top Go down
jppaulino

jppaulino

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:09 am

what parts do i need to convert my hbcp2 to fixed pitch? excited
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:18 pm

quite a few I believe, you'd need an entire head assembly and prob a new 4ch Tx
Back to top Go down
jppaulino

jppaulino

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:03 am

thanks nuttcaze, i've already got 4ch tx and rx from my lama, changed the esc and gyro board of the 3 in 1, i'll probably order the complete head of an fp
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:27 am

cool, keep us posted whacky046
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:47 pm

jppaulino wrote:
what parts do i need to convert my hbcp2 to fixed pitch? excited
I think just whole new head
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:20 pm

heres a pic of my old HBFP collection, I don't have any of it left though happyno

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide SDC10664
Back to top Go down
pancho

PostSubject: strenghtening weak parts and one tip for the flybar   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:24 pm

You can strenghten the push rods like this:
E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide 66217d1211301895-club-esky-honey-bee-fp-foto-278-

use superglue and copper wire all along the piece. Believe me, they will not break so easily.

You can stenghten the rotos head this way: look at nuttcaze 's video on the tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASM4FZEH254&feature=channel_page

I used the same method to strenghen also the paddle control frame, another weak part.

Also, to save: you can substitute the flybar with a 18 cm iron spoke of a byke: it's exactly 2 mm diameter, just like the HB flybar. Maybe you will prefer to eliminate the two small weight, as of course it's a bite havier than the original one. Just try, it will fly nice. Harmonic iron would be even better. Of course, a training kit carbon spoke of the same lenght can substitute the flybar.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:35 am

Nuttcaze wrote:
quite a few I believe, you'd need an entire head assembly and prob a new 4ch Tx

No, you dont need new tx. You can use the cp2 tx. Just switch DIP1 to ON and Switch DIP2 to OFF behind the batteries. This will turn off ccpm mixing whacky034
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide   E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E_Sky HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Guide
Page 1 of 1