RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2

Go down 
+2
--==AxeL==--
Trinot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinot

If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 Empty
PostSubject: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:28 pm

Does anyone know what all parts are different? Ie, on e-sky's website they have a list of parts for it and a lot of them have "new part #" does this mean they have changed/upgraded that part? If so, I don't know of anyone I can order parts for my Honey Bee FP V2 because Xheli is the only place that sells it and it looks like they only have honey bee fp v1 parts? If you know where to get the parts please let me know. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:36 pm

When I got my CP V2, there was a part added in the back of the user manual that listed all parts available. This included all 'old' part numbers with new part numbers adjacent to them. E-Sky have just re-organised their parts catalogue with new part numbers. If you check out their website E-Sky HoneyBee V2 you will find all details there :bigthumb: They haven't discontinued any parts as far as I am aware, only reorganised their catalogue system.
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Okay cool thanks. I didn't know if they where just updating or reorganizing their catalog or if there where actually new parts. Good to know, I am trying to decide between if I think I will need the outer control frame or the rotor head first.

If I order from Xheli they don't have the rotor head and if I order from slickzero (anyone heard of them?) they don't have the outer paddle control frame. I am thinking of ordering from slickzero though because they have a much better looking set of training gear, instead of zip tyeing it on it actually snaps on to the skids.
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Trinot wrote:
I am thinking of ordering from slickzero though because they have a much better looking set of training gear, instead of zip tyeing it on it actually snaps on to the skids.

A word of caution, I had a kit for my V2 that had the clips, great for simplicity and quickness but, they have a tendency to 'pop' off orange53 They also work loose from the central holder, landing with one leg missing is a bit of nightmare orange54 I stuck with the zip ties orange71

Anyhoo, I am now training gear free, well, until I start practising 'nose in' orange1

AxeL
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:10 pm

I've ordered from Slic Zero a number of times and I highly recommend them.

And I agree with Axell, stick with the zip ties for the training gear.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Can I use the brackets and then zip tie it. That way the brackets line everything up real nice and then i secure it with more zip ties/something? Slick Zero looks like who I will order from, they are lacking the outer paddle control frame and also the servo push rod set (which im not sure if I need one of those). Anyone know about the servo push rod, how likely either of those are to break?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:17 pm

Yeah you can keep the bracket. I've never had a problem with the push rods breakong/

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Trinot wrote:
Can I use the brackets and then zip tie it. That way the brackets line everything up real nice and then i secure it with more zip ties/something?

:bigthumb: Yup, that's what I done :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:13 pm

Thanks for your help, I am going to place my order at slick zero today or tomorrow, I figure it won't matter since they are probably closed till monday. I tried the only local place I know of (hobby town) and they don't care E-sky stuff. So I am out of flying until I get a ring like, and slick is a day closer and uses priority mail. I am going to get their training gear too, I think it will fit better than the one from Xheli, which requires about 8 zip ties to be secured. It looks like the one from slick zero is made with the honey bee in mind?

How likely do you guys think it is I will need new main and tail motor? They are $15 but if I need them then I am going to go ahead and order them. Also, do either of you know if the new honey bee v2 uses a different motor or the same one?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:47 pm

It uses the same motor! Sometimes they lasts few flights and sometimes more than year :prop:
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Actually I looked at that landing gear some more. It looks like that landing gear snaps over the OLD style frame, the new style skids(frame?) has a more rectangular shape than a round rod type shape so now I am thinking that training gear set won't work?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:01 pm

That is not a problem. You can secure training skids with zip ties :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:07 pm

I am about to order spare parts, does anyone think I should get an extra flybar and paddles? How likely are they to break if you hit the blades pretty good on something (seems to be my main problem is the blades hitting a wall because I am flying indoors)?
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:13 am

(seems to be my main problem is the blades hitting a wall because I am flying indoors)?

Just buy some carbon fiber blades and you will only have to repair the hole in the wall :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:55 am

davesheli wrote:
(seems to be my main problem is the blades hitting a wall because I am flying indoors)?

Just buy some carbon fiber blades and you will only have to repair the hole in the wall :crylaugh:

HA! orange72

I ordered an extra 2 sets of plastic blades. I figured after I learn how to fly real well with those 2 sets that I would switch over to carbon blades.
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Trinot wrote:
Actually I looked at that landing gear some more. It looks like that landing gear snaps over the OLD style frame, the new style skids(frame?) has a more rectangular shape than a round rod type shape so now I am thinking that training gear set won't work?

I ordered 1 quite some time ago, it finally arrived today! However the snap on parts you are quite right they do not fit the V2 skids I'm afraid, zip tie is the only choice.
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Pittnuma wrote:
Trinot wrote:

I ordered 1 quite some time ago, it finally arrived today! However the snap on parts you are quite right they do not fit the V2 skids I'm afraid, zip tie is the only choice.

Dang they really should design a new set for the V2, it would be nice to have everything line up just right.

Does anyone know what the piece of white tape on the blades is for?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:31 pm

It is for blade tracking: to see witch blade is working higher than another, and then you should lower pitch of higher blade (by twisting it) :grinn:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2   If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If part has "new" part number is it really different for honey bee v2
Page 1 of 1