RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

upgrading esc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

upgrading esc Empty
PostSubject: upgrading esc   upgrading esc I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Going to up grade my 25a esc on belt cp to a 40a. Hobbypartz has a 40 volcano orange78 for $22.70. Is this a good 1 and will it fit? What is a programming card? Does it come with instructions on how to use it. This is my 1st cp.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

upgrading esc Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading esc   upgrading esc I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:11 am

it's good to have a programming card, but your esc comes already programmed. so i wont really worry about it.
Back to top Go down
txflyer512

txflyer512

upgrading esc Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading esc   upgrading esc I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:46 pm

what good will a 40A esc do? how does it effect your helicopters flight performance
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

upgrading esc Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading esc   upgrading esc I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:43 pm

it will not burn and it will give you a consistent power.
Back to top Go down
akent

upgrading esc Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading esc   upgrading esc I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:09 pm

blackrain0119 wrote:

That's what I have found out, too.

I run a 40a on my 450, an 80a on my 500, and a 100a on my ES600. These are all theoretically overkill, but fly great and stay nice and cool.

I am quite frankly surprised they keep the ESC current ratings to a minimum on many helis.
Kent
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

upgrading esc Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading esc   upgrading esc I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:55 pm

akent wrote:
blackrain0119 wrote:

That's what I have found out, too.

I run a 40a on my 450, an 80a on my 500, and a 100a on my ES600. These are all theoretically overkill, but fly great and stay nice and cool.

I am quite frankly surprised they keep the ESC current ratings to a minimum on many helis.
Kent

:bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

upgrading esc Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrading esc   upgrading esc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

upgrading esc
Page 1 of 1