RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

G.T. Power A8 Charger

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GaryX1001

G.T. Power A8 Charger Empty
PostSubject: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:26 pm

hi,

i finally bought a seperate battery charger, but i have no idea.

in the manual it says input power cable: DC11 ~18A orange44 whatever that means.

do i first connect the power to the charger and let it go on and then connect the battery or do i have to connect the battery before i power on the charger?
my cheap chargers need first power on and then connect the battery. i just want to make sure to not damage anything.

is it possible to connect this charger with power supply to charge or do i have to really always use a car battery?

stupid questions, but i really not had a charger yet, which came without wall battery power supply.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:10 pm

I don't know how much I can help, but I have a Thunder T6 and I turn on the power, set it to type of charge I want and then plug in the batt.

Look over this and see if it helps:

https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/rc-batteries-and-chargers-f22/thunder-ac6-and-t6-battery-chargers-t553.htm

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:42 pm

Donnie D wrote:
I don't know how much I can help, but I have a Thunder T6 and I turn on the power, set it to type of charge I want and then plug in the batt.

https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/rc-batteries-and-chargers-f22/thunder-ac6-and-t6-battery-chargers-t553.htm

Donnie D smiley-happy088

what about a wall battery power supply?
what does input power cable: DC11 ~18A tell me?
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: My Guess   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:55 pm

GaryX1001 wrote:
Donnie D wrote:

Donnie D smiley-happy088

I would think it means 11 volts DC at 18 Amp. Seems like high amperage, you probably won't find a wall power supply capable of 18 Amps. You will probably need a seperate AC to DC power supply capable of supplying at least 18 Amps.

Hope this helps. :grinn:
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:54 am

cgetman02 wrote:
GaryX1001 wrote:
Donnie D wrote:

Donnie D smiley-happy088

I would think it means 11 volts DC at 18 Amp. Seems like high amperage, you probably won't find a wall power supply capable of 18 Amps. You will probably need a seperate AC to DC power supply capable of supplying at least 18 Amps.

Hope this helps. :grinn:

i was looking for a power supply but they sell this .... very expensive, so i decided to go the cheap way :grinn:

i build a cable going from my computer to the charger, using banana pins, works very well now.

how much A can i put in the battery while charging? i read 1C is max!?

my charger provides charge rates: 0.1A - 7A
discharge rates: 0.1A - 5A

cycle times ... ??

thanks for any info
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:45 pm

Yeah, better do not exceed 1C while charging lipo batteries :prop:
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 pm

ok, i have charged all my batteries now @0.8A

3s 11.1A 1600mah from 3.5v to 4.2v in ~78min. that seems to be alot faster compared to my old Art-Tech charger.

i flew all batteries empty with my jet, the batteries had more power, the jet flew faster.

i will test my heli batteries tomorrow, i hope i see a difference there too. orange68
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: 1C charge rate   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:30 pm

GaryX1001 wrote:

3s 11.1A 1600mah from 3.5v to 4.2v in ~78min. that seems to be alot faster compared to my old Art-Tech charger.

i flew all batteries empty with my jet, the batteries had more power, the jet flew faster.

i will test my heli batteries tomorrow, i hope i see a difference there too. orange68

1C charge rate for the above battery would be 1.6A. You will get even a faster charge. At .8A charge rate (1/2C) you will be easier on your batteries. They will probably last longer. I'm impatient, I charge at 1C for all of my batteries.
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:37 pm

cgetman02 wrote:
GaryX1001 wrote:

1C charge rate for the above battery would be 1.6A. You will get even a faster charge. At .8A charge rate (1/2C) you will be easier on your batteries. They will probably last longer. I'm impatient, I charge at 1C for all of my batteries.

i dont really know how to calc all these settings, but as far i can follow this:

1C = mah/1000 ?

so charging a 2200mah battery at 2.2A is ok?
how many cells the battery has does not matter?
when i get a 6s with 3700mah so i charge it with 3.7A to charge at 1C?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Yeah, you are right :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:39 pm

P3tras wrote:
Yeah, you are right :bigthumb:

ok, i got it :grinn:
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Sounds Right   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:40 pm

You have a correct understanding of C rate. My charger asks me for charge rate and S#, which is number of cells. I don't know about other chargers.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:43 pm

It is exactly the same on my charger :prop:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.T. Power A8 Charger   G.T. Power A8 Charger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G.T. Power A8 Charger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Info, Video, Photos and Accesories :: RC Batteries and Chargers-
Jump to: