RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinot

Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly Empty
PostSubject: Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly   Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Hey all,

After seeing me flying my honey bee fp v2 my friend of course wanted one and bought one. Well it came in today. We stuck a fresh battery in it and he went outside to try it, by the time I made it outside he said it wasnt working. So I took the sticks and noticed something was definitely wrong, there was no life. It was acting like mine did when it had a dogbone or ring like was off or the rotor head popped slightly off, ie no lift. But I checked his, everything is hooked up, I even took them off linkages and put back on. We leveled the swash plate and flybar paddles and tried adjusting the gain (only making the tail shake) and tried proportion and still had no luck it just has no life. What do you all think the problem might be? I am about to try a different rotor head/blade set up on it and see what happens.

Thanks a ton!
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly   Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:37 pm

I was going to post this and then I didn't. I went ahead and tried the new rotor head/blade set up. That was the problem exactly, it immediately flew like a charm. What do you guys think could have caused this problem? Nothing looked obviously flawed, the rotor head assembly I took off looked just fine but doesn't work? I am guessing the blades had the wrong pitch?

Anywhoo if anyone gets a new honey bee fp v2 and it won't take off but everything seems in order try a different rotor head/blade set up and you might just fix your problem.
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly   Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:48 am

It's good you got it fixed...

One thing I would suggest if that kind of thing happens is 1st to try another battery if you have one handy...

I've noticed the Esky battery that came with mine will drain somewhat while I'm waiting for my 2nd one to charge, so I have to use it quickly or basically I can barely fly with it... The after market battery seems to have more power and lasts a bit longer...
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly   Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:16 pm

keithldick wrote:
It's good you got it fixed...

One thing I would suggest if that kind of thing happens is 1st to try another battery if you have one handy...

I've noticed the Esky battery that came with mine will drain somewhat while I'm waiting for my 2nd one to charge, so I have to use it quickly or basically I can barely fly with it... The after market battery seems to have more power and lasts a bit longer...

Yah I knew I would forget something when I made the post. I immediately tried a different battery when we first had the problem, that was not the culprit.
Back to top Go down
Willy Green

Willy Green

PostSubject: Re: Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly   Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Same thing with my new HBv2. It was your Main Blades. When its slightly hot, they like to invert and cause your heli to stick or have a slight hover over the ground. I got 2 pairs of some wooden blades and that HB flys awesome out doors and indoors now.
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly   Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:00 pm

No, don't think it was a heat issue. I got his heli and it sat at my house which is at 70 degrees for 3 hours before he opened it. It sat for another hour while the battery was charging. Surely it wasn't any hotter than my heli? I will give his rotor head/blade set up a try on my heli.
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly   Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:19 pm

Now that would be too cool to have a friend live close and have the same heli's woot woot
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly   Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:31 pm

davesheli wrote:
Now that would be too cool to have a friend live close and have the same heli's woot woot

Yeh he bought the V2 because it only makes since due to the price difference and also me and him have the same model so between us (mostly me) we should have enough parts to them going :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly   Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friend got his honey bee fp v2, wont fly
Page 1 of 1