RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ES 500

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fitzy

fitzy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi Marc,
just wanted to know when do you think that you will be putting a build guide video
on for the ES 500.
I have just ordered one from Rc711 and also asked them to stock the ES 600 heli
and parts when E-sky start the rebuild.
I think the ES 500 looks good and as an E-sky lover I just had to have one.
Also I am not flying as I messed up my right hand so it will be sometime but
I have my left to try and build my helis.
Also I like the forum I get a good read.
Thanks,
fitzy. orange60
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:36 pm

You'll like the ES500, it has a good feel to it. I haven't completely got mine dialed in and it already flys pretty good, but I know it has alot more potential. I have a build guide coming very soon, I'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:05 pm

i see nutt fly his over the weekend it is a nice heli if i didnt have my hdx500 id order one
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: 500's   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Yea Guy's, ,I'm Really dieing to vget mine!!!! I've finally got the Ino-Lab servo for the tail of the HDX so Hopefully I will get the chance to fly it tomorrow..!! However the 261 is really too small for the cut-outs in the frame so I'm gonna have to come up with a way to screw it in tonight, should be no problem.. I'm pretty anxious to fly that too,but I'm not really expecting a whole lot since its only running 4S packs.. It should be a very smooth mellow heli.. That is gonna be what Alex uses to learn on....
Haven't heard anymore bout my 900's and I really thought I'd have them by now!!!! I'am really ready to build it!!!!
Nutts, you using them 3d blades on your 900?? How do you like them or what you are using??
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm still using the stock blades at the moment, I forgot to order them this morning when I ordered a new 140t main gear for Blazemobs HDX500.

I've got a 5S in mine at the moment and it has maybe too much power, and I could still put a 6S in it Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Too Much????   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:38 pm

To Much power you say!!!! I think I'll be running the 6S's since I have them.. Only 5's I've got are them big baby's I got from you..
Whats up with Blaz's HDX, He been strippin gears?? What batterys he running?? The thing is designed to run 4's and I had a very difficult trying to even mock up 6S packs!!! Running that HDX motor with the huge 24Tpinnion is just crazy!!!!Of course I used a scorpion and used like a 13/14T pinnion so I had to drill new holes and slot them for the motor to ADJ. But even with the 4's with the scorp. it seems like its gonna have plenty of power..
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Brad is gonna be running a 6S and a T-Rex 500 motor but to do so upgrading to a 140 main gear and 12t pinion will give him much better performance and it'll run more efficient, right now the motor is scorching hot after a 2 min hover. So after some research we found the gear mod to be the best thing to do, otherwise he'd need a new motor and battery.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: ?????   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:20 pm

How the hell does he fit a 6 inside the canopy??? My canopy needed trimming big time just to fit at all..Maybe I'm doin something wrong with it.. But I've got it set up I guess how they want it with a 4S.. I used a scorp. and a 13T I think it is and am gonna have around 2650rpm head speed!!! Haven't got a whole battery thru it as I had tail control problems and just yesterday got the servo I wanted to use.. I really did not like using one as big as it is designed to carry.. Its just too much I think.. Anyway I also think that the 140 has got to be a good thing to do.. As the 94 vis just to small IMO. But with a faster spinning motor and a smaller pinnion(24T stock???) what is that about?? Talk about strain cause of gearing wow!!! No wonder he is running hot!!!! Its got to be geared down with pinnion and then spun faster to work effentily!!1 IMO!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:30 pm

well right now I have a 15t pinion on it but its still not right, so I just asked the HDX guys over on RCG what would be the best choice of pinion and gear for the motor and battery he has. Originally he bought an Outrage 500 motor but it ended up having a bad bearing.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: speed   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Well with the 15T and 6S he is gonna want something around 1200RPM/V to give him approx.2450.. I think Scorpion has a 1310 in that size and that would give him bout 2650 and it should fly really good with that!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:18 am

well that was the thing, a new motor would cost him at least $60 where as the new gear is $7
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:05 am

when i get another 60 bucks imma get another outrage 1320 moter cuz that baby is beast abd im not a big fan of skorpian moters
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Motors   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:23 am

Really?? You have a bad S. motor Blaze??? And I looked at mine and I've got a 1210.. The Scorp.'s ain't cheap but I've had good luck with all but the one in my EXI and I just put in a bearing and it runs like a bear..
Yo Blaze, did you have any trouble fitting the canopy on the HDX???
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:35 pm

I moved the mounting posts forwards on the frame and the canopy fits fine now, but xheli has some really cheap 500 size canopies.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: HDX!!!   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:45 pm

OOOOHHH Now why didn't I think of that???? But, at this point, I'm really glad that I set it up on 4S!!
I got a really really good deal on some Outrade packs from my friend.. Those new ones, the name slips me right now but they were cheap!! I've "flown" it on the roto pod in my basement, tied down so it could only lift bout 4 inches. It does have plenty of power but it seems very mellow, sorta soft and easy for lack of a better decription. I think it will be the PERFECT trainer for Alex!!! I'm gonna stake the ROTO Pod down outside and let her learn the controls and what they do.. I think its gonna be cool!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: motor   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Is the Blaze man using the 15T with a 1600 Kv motor on 6S packs!! WOW if so thats giving a speed bout 3400..
Back to top Go down
fitzy

fitzy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:22 am

Is there any reason why the ES500 pinion that has been made to take a 4mm shaft cant
be drilled out to take a 5mm shaft.

fitzy orange78
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Drilling   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:09 am

Nope!! There is no reason it could not be done.. You better make sure it is centered or you will have vibrations that will make the bearing in the motor go away..!!
Back to top Go down
fitzy

fitzy

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks Fatdaddy,
I think I will give it ago as I got to have somethink to do while I'm
still waiting for my new charger this one has taken forever.

Thanks,
fitzy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ES 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 500   ES 500 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ES 500
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: