RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

hbv2 tail motor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Willy Green

Willy Green

hbv2 tail motor Empty
PostSubject: hbv2 tail motor   hbv2 tail motor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:03 am

My tail motor went out on my HB v2. I was wondering what Tail Motor will work and possibly a good online shop to get it at.
Also if i got the metal blade grips, what other metal pieces are required for the upgrade to work?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

hbv2 tail motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: hbv2 tail motor   hbv2 tail motor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm

You can get motor from helidirect . And metal blade grips should work with stock head :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

hbv2 tail motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: hbv2 tail motor   hbv2 tail motor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:15 pm

Because I see that you are in CA, you can also get parts from here or here. They are both in California and I think are run by the same mother company.

I bent the shaft on mine and picked up and e-flite tail motor at a hbby shop that fit just fine.

I have ordered this from helidirect and it will be here Friday so I can tell you how it fits then. orange74

This is the second hrder that I have made with helidirect and so far, so good!

J.
Back to top Go down
Willy Green

Willy Green

hbv2 tail motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: hbv2 tail motor   hbv2 tail motor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Awesome, thanks guys.

Another beginner question. When you order tail motors, do they come with extra wire coming out of the motor?
I have experience with micro helis tail motor replacement and had to get the heat shrink stuff and on the
Blade MSR, the whole tail boom and motor came together.
What stuff do you need to replace a tail motor on a HB besides the tail motor?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

hbv2 tail motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: hbv2 tail motor   hbv2 tail motor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:24 pm

Nothing. Just unsolder the wires, replace the motor, and solder the wires back. Justy make a note how everything goes before you start. Really easy.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

hbv2 tail motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: hbv2 tail motor   hbv2 tail motor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Another thing is about xheli is that on the orders that I got from them, they shipped from Baldwin Park. I looked it up and that's only 31 miles from Huntington beach. If they have "will call" you could just go there and get your parts!!!! :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Willy Green

Willy Green

hbv2 tail motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: hbv2 tail motor   hbv2 tail motor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:10 pm

I use to order all my stuff from Xheli, just not into there customer service. They don't have all my parts either and they don't take walk ins!
The overnight shipping was nice though, being so close.

K, i have a soldering iron, ill just get some solder today and practice my skillz.

Thanks again orange74
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hbv2 tail motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: hbv2 tail motor   hbv2 tail motor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hbv2 tail motor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: