RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

E-Smart = FAST

Go down 
+2
Nuttcaze
Donnie D
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: E-Smart = FAST   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:08 pm

I just came in from running 2 batts thru my E, and of course I had a blast. I've said before that I have mine set on "slug" because of the nice and easy flying style that I like. I mean I have my elev and aile swash mix set on 35, das rite, yeah uh huh, das rite 35, and it only takes a breath of input to get this thing zooming. Not complaining, I think it's great.

Just got me to thinking though, I wonder if anyone has ever checked the speed of one of these things? Maybe with a radar gun or maybe even chasing it in a vehicle(safely of course, one driving and one flying the copter on a deserted airstrip or something).

Would be interesting. I bet one that was set up hot for speed would realy surprise us as to how fast it would go.

Anyone else ever thought about this?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Smart = FAST   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:52 am

I've often wondered how fast the ES600 is, and now that I have an ES500 too I really wanna know which is faster, I kinda feel like my ES500 might be a little faster. orange6
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Smart = FAST   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:12 pm

ES500 is faster? orange43 I can't believe it. Somebody buy this meter orange45
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: Speed   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Funny you should mention this!!!! I'm like dieing to take mine out to the hiway and fly it in front of my van as my wife drives!!!! I've been thinkin about this for a while now.. I have a streach of Hiway close that would work great!!!!
I also think my EXI 500 is faster then the "E" but I also think my G5 is faster than both!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Smart = FAST   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:17 am

FD, thats exactly what I was thinking about doing, but I would probably just end up demolishing one of my helis.........I'd rather you do it. laughing013

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: WOHO   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:37 am

YEA!!!! I'd rather I do it too!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Smart = FAST   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:48 am

All jokes aside, it would be a really neat thing to do if you could find a safe place to try it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: jokin   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:51 am

DUDE!!!! I'M NOT JOKIN!!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Smart = FAST   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:53 am

Man oh man .....All I can see in my head is another crashed heli. Please, Please
get this on video.......
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Smart = FAST   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:13 am

if you are really interested in trying it you will need a truck, I've tried flying from the passenger seat and its NOT EASY, it takes alot of training with the driver to get the timing right and when you are sitting inside and moving, the heli can get out of sight very quick. The best and safest way of doing it is from the bed of a pick up truck, but you're welcome to try with your van but as noted before

GET VIDEO :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

For some reason I apparently never uploaded my videos from when I tried flying from the passenger seat, I'll do that later, but I stuck my video camera on my heli when I did it, pretty cool. Once in the country and once on the Blue Ridge Parkway, that was a really cool vid. Now I gotta find the disc with it so you guys can see.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Smart = FAST   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:48 am

OH Lord, what have I started. orange68

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Ryan S

Ryan S

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Smart = FAST   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:00 pm

ES900 looks slightly faster than the ES600 from what I've seen on video. Still waiting to see the ES900 in person.

That pitot tube is fairly accurate. Would be a cool way to blow $40. orange71
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

E-Smart = FAST Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Smart = FAST   E-Smart = FAST I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E-Smart = FAST
Page 1 of 1