RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Another Newbe question

Go down 
+4
Donnie D
HBFP NL
quycodon1987
rakow03
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rakow03

Another Newbe question Empty
PostSubject: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:51 pm

I hope im not picking everyones brain yet. HaHa. But I didnt order extra batteries when I ordered heli because I didnt know what kind. And now that I have heli I still dont know what kind. I have a honey bee v2. What kind of batteries and chargers should I get?? And about how many of each. Do they make a multi charger? Also I was looking at buying rotor blades because I know thats coming, but how do i go about buying those??What size and such? By the way I am using xheli.com as of now. Thank you again!
Back to top Go down
quycodon1987

quycodon1987

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:34 am

Rite now, you own an awesome helicopter for the beginner :bigthumb: . There are many kinds of battery for you to choose; however, I would recommend you to buy the ones that are from 800mah to 1100mah. You may take a look of this one
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9163&Product_Name=Turnigy_1000mAh_3S_20C_Lipo_Pack
They are kind of cheap, and pretty good.
Back to top Go down
HBFP NL

HBFP NL

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:41 am

quycodon1987 wrote:
Rite now, you own an awesome helicopter for the beginner :bigthumb: . There are many kinds of battery for you to choose; however, I would recommend you to buy the ones that are from 800mah to 1100mah. You may take a look of this one
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9163&Product_Name=Turnigy_1000mAh_3S_20C_Lipo_Pack

Small topic Hijack
Can we use the Esky LiPo charger for these LiPo's or do we need a new device?

Greetz
Eric
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:41 am

The Esky lipo charger will charge any 2 or 3 cell lipo. Any thing 4 cell and larger and you will need another charger.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
rakow03

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:31 am

Im looking to buy several of those batteries and my next qnestion is there a charger for charging multiple batteries??? This is soo confusing haha! I would love a linc with what someone would buy as far as several batteries and charger(s) set up! Thanks again! orange54
Back to top Go down
donphobos

PostSubject: battery compartment   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:02 am

quycodon1987 wrote:

Hello!

I would ask something about this as well. How big the battery compartment is, will this battery fit?

Could you please measure the size (height and width) of battery compartment?

Another question is balancing port. These Turnigy batteries share the same type of balancing port as E-Sky batteries do?

Thank you,
Best regards,

donphobos
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:31 am

donphobos wrote:

Another question is balancing port. These Turnigy batteries share the same type of balancing port as E-Sky batteries do?
Yes, they use the same balance ports :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
quycodon1987

quycodon1987

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 4:50 pm

HBFP NL wrote:

Can we use the Esky LiPo charger for these LiPo's or do we need a new device?

Greetz
Eric
The Eksy charger is fine for any 2 or 3 cell battery. But as I knew, this charger doesn't do well on balancing cells of the battery. If you intend to stay long with this hobby, you should buy another charger
Back to top Go down
quycodon1987

quycodon1987

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 4:53 pm

donphobos wrote:

I would ask something about this as well. How big the battery compartment is, will this battery fit?

Could you please measure the size (height and width) of battery compartment?

donphobos
I don't remember the size of the battery, but it fits the helicopter as well. I'm using 2 of them (100mah 20C) :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
quycodon1987

quycodon1987

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:01 pm

rakow03 wrote:
Im looking to buy several of those batteries and my next qnestion is there a charger for charging multiple batteries??? This is soo confusing haha! I would love a linc with what someone would buy as far as several batteries and charger(s) set up! Thanks again! orange54
For the charger, you can buy some like this
http://www.helidirect.com/thunder-power-cell-charger-with-balancer-tp610c-p-6008.hdx
and if you want to charger many batteries at the same time, you may take a look at here
http://www.helidirect.com/pcb-board2s6s-with-cable-p-13665.hdx
I know some websites that there are some of broad charger with cheap prices, but I dont remember. You can go to the list of vendors thread that Nutt already posted to look for websites. Good luck orange74
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:02 pm

donphobos, I saw your question about the size of the battery compartment on two threads, so I'll just answer it here. I just measured my brand new HBFPv2 (not even a week old) and it is 35mm x 23mm. I just ordered two of these batteries: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9164 with shipping were just over $14 each. Looks like they are a bit heavy, but should fit the batt space. Even if they were too big, I'd just velcro them to the bottom of the heli between the skids. I think a lower CG might help me learn to hover. Whatever you get, it has to go way far forward to balance the heli. Take a look at all the mods I've done to mine already: https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/4ch-fp-and-co-axial-helicopters-f7/hbfp-upgrades-can-someone-help-please-t1314.htm I also did the O-ring mod and now that I have access to a gym tomorrow afternoon to try flying it again, I'm looking to be doing more repairs!
Back to top Go down
donphobos

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:34 am

Wayne wrote:
I just measured my brand new HBFPv2 (not even a week old) and it is 35mm x 23mm.

Hi Wayne!

Thank you for the measurements! Then it looks like that the 800 mAh Turnigy battery will fit as it is 57x29x21 mm, 75 grams. This is great news.

Right now I have a mission to master Lama v3 and then I really look forward to step up to single rotor helis. Honey Bee v2 could be a good candidate. With that I can move my flights to the soccer field nearby and learn piloting.

Have a nice day,
Best regards,

donphobos
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:43 am

Don't take my word for it (cuz I've only flow it a few times so far), but everything I have read and watched says try to find a hard / smooth surface to learn on. This is because with the training gear, you can scoot around on that surface and get to learning the feel of the controls a bit. Grassy surfaces will not allow scooting and if you have any lateral or forward motion when you land, you are likely to catch your gear and roll over causing more damage than necessary. Thee are a couple of models for the free FMS software that feel very much like the real HB and I've been getting a lot of practice in on that. It's already sub-freezing temps here, so not much outdoor flying going on. Luckily I have access to a full size gym a couple times a week when its totally vacant. Too bad it's 30 min away and I don't have my two extra batts yet.
Back to top Go down
donphobos

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:12 am

Wayne wrote:
Don't take my word for it (cuz I've only flow it a few times so far), but everything I have read and watched says try to find a hard / smooth surface to learn on. This is because with the training gear, you can scoot around on that surface and get to learning the feel of the controls a bit. Grassy surfaces will not allow scooting and if you have any lateral or forward motion when you land, you are likely to catch your gear and roll over causing more damage than necessary. Thee are a couple of models for the free FMS software that feel very much like the real HB and I've been getting a lot of practice in on that. It's already sub-freezing temps here, so not much outdoor flying going on. Luckily I have access to a full size gym a couple times a week when its totally vacant. Too bad it's 30 min away and I don't have my two extra batts yet.

So far I could only use the closed balcony (that is very small area) for learning hovering. Then I moved to bedroom, since it is slightly bigger, but not enough space for real flying. Now I tried living room, bit more space but a lot more obstacles. I think I will check out bicycle storage under house. It has a concrete floor and seems rather empty.

I will try link my practice clips from Youtube, but I don't want to get offtopic here, so I look for some topic for that.

Best regards,

donphobos
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:18 am

One other thing I forgot to mention is the motor burn in. I can't remember where I read it, but they suggested running the main and tail on a single AA batt for an hour (separately). I did this on mine. I don't know if the burn in helps or not, but I figured it could not do any harm.
Back to top Go down
donphobos

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:55 am

Wayne wrote:
One other thing I forgot to mention is the motor burn in. I can't remember where I read it, but they suggested running the main and tail on a single AA batt for an hour (separately). I did this on mine. I don't know if the burn in helps or not, but I figured it could not do any harm.

I haven't heard of this before, I just started flying on stock heli. First checked all bolted connections and then carefully revved it up.

I put those clips into What was your first heli topic, by the way.

/donphobos
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:17 am

Wayne wrote:

You can read it hear:

http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwiki/index.php?title=HoneyBeeFP
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:48 pm

quycodon1987 wrote:

But as I knew, this charger doesn't do well on balancing cells of the battery.

I can disagree. Older versions of this charger didn't balance cells, but the newest one balances them very well. After using this charger for about 5 months all cells were perfectly balanced :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbe question   Another Newbe question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Newbe question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: