RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

heavy bee / last issue to resolve

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ

KJ

heavy bee / last  issue to resolve Empty
PostSubject: heavy bee / last issue to resolve   heavy bee / last  issue to resolve I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:07 am

As most of you know I have a "heavy weight" modified bee. I have resolved the problems of lift, flight time,etc. I now have 1 kink to work out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The problem: When the bee gets air born it wants to drift backwards. Things I've checked and adjusted / swash plate-level , center of gravity- level or forward it makes no difference. Fly bar paddles are level. When the nose is heavy common sense says it should tilt forward and fly in that direction but not in this case. When I check the balance or cg all indications say it should go up and drop the nose "hard". Instead it lifts level and then drops the tail slightly and begins to move backwards. Everything points to the tail being too heavy. I would like some input before I start "chopping" the tail boom. Again I appreciate the advice. KJ orange78 To be clear: When I lift the heli up underneath the fly bar which is at 90 deg. to the main frame, the heli lifts off the ground either level or nose heavy,but under power it does what I described earlier. orange69 orange78
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: heavy bee / last issue to resolve   heavy bee / last  issue to resolve I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:10 am

Try playing with the Rotor Pitch on the Transmitter and see if you can get it to stop...
Back to top Go down
old_city_painter

old_city_painter

PostSubject: Re: heavy bee / last issue to resolve   heavy bee / last  issue to resolve I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Most single rotor heli's because of the laws of physics will pull in the opposite direction of the rotor rotation (torque) in the case of the Bee (left) and drift aft (backwards) with the swash level. This is normal. You can compensate with trim, or adjust the swash (elevator) up for a slight nose down attitude. All of my heli's will drift aft with the swash level and no trim on liftoff. I normally adjust with a slight nose down trim. Hope this helps. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
KJ

KJ

PostSubject: Re: heavy bee / last issue to resolve   heavy bee / last  issue to resolve I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 am

old_city_painter wrote:
Most single rotor heli's because of the laws of physics will pull in the opposite direction of the rotor rotation (torque) in the case of the Bee (left) and drift aft (backwards) with the swash level. This is normal. You can compensate with trim, or adjust the swash (elevator) up for a slight nose down attitude. All of my heli's will drift aft with the swash level and no trim on liftoff. I normally adjust with a slight nose down trim. Hope this helps. :bigthumb:
Thanks for the reply. At one point I had the swash almost all the way down (forward) and it still dropped the tail slightly. There is not enough "trim" adjustment to make a difference. It lifts off level and gets to about 2 feet off the ground then slowly drops the tail. I think there may be just a little bit too much tail weight.??? KJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heavy bee / last issue to resolve   heavy bee / last  issue to resolve I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

heavy bee / last issue to resolve
Page 1 of 1