RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com

Go down 
+7
Donnie D
vsbkv
Wayne
quycodon1987
Grasshopper
flagmax
Nuttcaze
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com Empty
PostSubject: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:14 pm

My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com Gr5

http://www.super-skids.com/

Bottom Line (IMO) - Best $12.95 you could spend on your HoneyBee

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:29 am

Ordered a set for my HBFP V1, can't wait. Don't like Xtreme Wood 10 degrees that much.

Thank you for the review Marc.
Back to top Go down
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:42 am

*drool*

Wow Marc, that review is awesome. I hope I can fly as well as you someday, it seems effortless.

I'm "for sure" going to order a set of those, but will probably go with the EZ blades since I'm still just hovering.

Can I assume they track well without issue?
Back to top Go down
quycodon1987

quycodon1987

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:09 am

Well, you made a great review :clap: . Also, one thing I want to know is does it work well with the 380X motor?
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:54 pm

I just ordered the EZ blades since I probably have no business in FFF for a while. I am assuming I can do some type of forward motion with the EZ's? I guess I'll find out this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Mine track awesome and were balanced perfect too.

They should work fine with the 380 motor.

The EZ blades are primarily for hovering, they can be used for FF but they won't fly as good as in FF as the XP's.
Back to top Go down
vsbkv

vsbkv

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi Marc
I just received my extreme blades and landing skids today. :bigthumb: I had to work late today so my wife had them setting in my room when I got home. I don't have time tonight to install them redface , but I will tomorrow barring any other problems arising.
Well that's it for now, will keep ya'll posted as to how I make out. :prop:
I would also like to comment on the fast shipping by SuperSkids. I placed the order Saturday evening and received it today. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:37 pm

You're gonna love the skids.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Mark 10 : 13-16
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:52 pm

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

WoW guys, I got the Superblades XP today. They were balanced nicely one at 12.42grams and the other at 12.41grams thats about 0.22 grams havier per blade compared to stock. They go on the head very tight so you have to get them as straight as possible before take off. These things have very good lift, tracking is also just wonderful. On top of that the responce time has also improved. I like these blades so much that will order another set.

Todate, I have tried Stock, Walkera 4#, Xtreme Fiber reinforced and Xtreme Wood 10 degrees. None of these come close to Superblades.

I am using stock Honey bee v1 for testing.

Highly recommend Superblades. flyaway

P.S. Don't forget to install the white plastic washer inserts.
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:22 pm

Ordered a set of the "EZ" version on Thursday and got them on Saturday. Haven't tried them yet, will write a report when I do. navy1
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:44 pm

angry019 I ordered my EZs last Monday and STILL don't have them! angry019
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:00 pm

mine took 8 or 9 days to get here originally but my post office had their staff cut and everything is all $%^@ed up there, had one package take 2 weeks that should have taken 4 days. Gotta love the USPS orange83
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm not busy at all, I'm just ignoring everyone. My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com 905176

Donnie D My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com 738623

Romans 10:13
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:38 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:06 pm

Received 2 more sets of Superblades XPs. One was 12.20g per blade the other 12.32g. They balance them nicely. All track great. Best blades I've used. They can take a crash too.
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:47 am

Got my Superblades XPs today and set them up on a spare Rotor Head for my HBFP V1...

I have to say all I have been doing is hovering around a 8-ft x8-ft space in my tiny apartment so I have no FFF experience with them yet..,.,

They do track fairly well but I do not like how *Tight* they are because I have to mess with them all the time to get them straight....

At this time I cannot say they are better than the *Stock Blades* because of so many times that I have run into things I had to do a lot of *Sanding* on the stock ones because of *Nicks*... I also noticed that the Stock Blades after I land and powered down the copter would *Wobble* a bit so I thought they were not the same size and after removing them and putting them on a flat surface vertically I could see they were not....

Sooooooooooooo!!!!.. What I did to the Stock ones was found a Screw and Nut that fit into the hole where they connect to the Rotor Head and put them on a flat surface and aligned them then tightened the nut up...

Thennnnnn!!!, Since I do not have a Curved Surface Vise I held them as vertical as I could on the table and used a 12-inch long by 1-1/2-inch wide by 1/2-inch thick block of wood that I put some 200-grit (Sticky Back) Sand Paper on and proceeded to sand down the Nicks till they were gone... After that I used one of those *Green Scrubby Pads* that the Wifey uses to clean pots & pans with to round off the edges...

My stock blades are now about a 32nd of an inch smaller than they originally were but they are near perfect as far as tracking, etc...

And No I don't have a Wifey at this time... hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:40 pm

I just tried out my EZ's last night. They do a nice job, for sure more smooth than the stock blades, but to keep any forward motion going is quite a trick. I guess I'll go until I wreck them and then get XPs.
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Ok, I just did some more extensive flying this evening outdoors with the EZs. I have about 5 batteries on them now for about 40 min of flight time. I was better able to evaluate the blades tonight now that my tail motor is squared away and I'm not fighting with it. Just my personal opinion, take it or leave it, I would not waste my time with the EZs! I could already hover pretty well on the stock blades and now need to start on forward flight. Maybe I'll skip the forward flight and try to work on hovering tail left and right and nose in instead.

I tried some forward flight in the back yard tonight. She'll go forward about 6-10 feet just fine, but then, still holding in forward cyclic, it will totally stop forward flight into a hover. If I apply more or even full forward cyclic at that time, the heli will descend (same throttle) with a slightly aft movement, just about landing itself if you are anywhere under 5' alt. It does not seem to matter if I give it full throttle and forward cyclic, once you hit that balloon, she's not moving forward again until you ride out the bubble / reaction. I notice similar results in reverse. Probably the only people who should use EZs are those who are just beginning and cannot or have not tried flying on the stock blades, or those who want some forgiving blades if practicing nose in or some such.

Next week my credit card billing cycle will roll over and maybe I can order some XPs. Maybe back to stock blades for now to get some movement. I shouldda listened to your Nuttcaze...
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:53 am

Glad I skipped the EZs and got the XPs. Only thing I don't like about the XPs is how tight they are. I have to get each blade 90 to the flybar by hand because they are to tight. I am thinking of sanding the holes out a lttle.
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 6:33 am

Flagmax, you'd have the SAME problem with the EZs being tight as you describe. I get a little vibration going with them, have to land and straighten them out and mess with them until they smooth out. I have the screws in about as loose as I dare, so the problem appears to be with both EZs and XPs.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:09 am

they're actually made to fit tight, for some reason during their testing they found that they worked a little better being tight but I think thats just "their" preference. I left mine tight but I think most will want to open up the hole a little bit so they aren't soo tight. I'd take a really small piece of sand paper, roll it up and lightly sand the inside of the hole a little until they are a little looser.
Back to top Go down
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:25 pm

I just ordered some XP's, Super Paddles and SuperCF Flybar.

Nice guys there. I ordered EZ's at first, read the bad review..figured "hey, I can hover with stock blades no problem" and went with the XP's instead.

I wonder if there are any blades that are better than stock blades (read: won't turn-up at the tips after 5 flights or so) that are about as cheap.
I'm going to be in mortal fear of damaging my Super Blades hehe.
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 7:36 am

Hey nutcaze...
in the above vid of you flying with the super blades, are you using a DD tail motor?
And if so, what tail motor would you reccomend using, maybe the CP3 DDtail?

Do you prefer using a DD, or dont mind it standard?
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:26 am

Don't worry too much about damaging the Super Blades Grasshopper. I had a tail motor going Wed night, then totally burn out, having a couple of pretty hard landings that smashed the blades up against the tail boom. They still seem perfectly fine. I also clipped a stick in the yard Thurs night doing about the same thing. I think they are going to last you quite a while. Glad you got the XPs, I think you'll be much happier with them.
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Also, there are a few things I would like to know before getting my HB V2

How many flight approx does the tail motor last on the 11.1v battery?

Would my M24 blades work with the stock motor, to save having to buy the superblades?
I dont mind buying them, but wont if i dont need to.

Fuses... is it 3amp for tail motor, and 7.5 or 10amp for main motor I need to use?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 12:25 am

I can answer a few of those questions for you. 7.5 amp on the main and 3am on the tail. I have not blown a main yet and only started blowing the tail when the motor was going bad. They say to use the 10A on the upgrade motor, I forget the name of it. I think if the 4 in 1 can handle 10A, it should be good for either motor, but again, never blown a 7.5 so far, so I think it's good.

I got about an hour to hour and a half out of my first tail motor. For sure have one on hand.

For heaven sake, if you get superblades, go for the XPs! I got the EZs and they are not good for anything but stationary hover! That's a $15 mistake I'm gonna have to eat... angry032

I was worried at first, but she flies real nice on the 94g 25C 1000mah batt from Hobby King. You'll wait a while, but well worth the wait for $8.29!
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:07 am

Awesome wayne! Thanks for that. that nails a few of the questions I had. I would definately go straight into the XPs with the superblades.

I sold my HBFP V1, no regret it, so thats why im looking into getting the FP V2. I hope its as good as everyone makes out!

It looks way more stable with the superblades, It almost looks as stable as my old V1 with xtreme motor and woodies, but with out having to upgrade the motor, just the blades!
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Wonder if these will be available in the UK?

Postage is $9 which is nearly same price asthe blades orange44

Pitt
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:12 am

Company: AliciaJay

AliciaJay have offered to stock these in the UK, along with the paddles and flybar, fantastic news, I shall be ordering as soon as they are in stock.

Pitt
Back to top Go down
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Finally got to hover with my HBFP v2 w/XP's all tracked, etc. "Any day you can hover 10 minutes and bring it home with no real damage is a good day" ..hehe.

Nice! I can't see any real need for the EZ's, I'm a rank newbie and found no trouble
hovering with these, even with a very slight breeze.

I even tipped it over (lack of training gear) but it only slightly nicked the edge of one blade, no real damage. I just straightened them out and kept flying.
In contrast, my friend had a Skyartec Wasp v2 and just a minor tip over killed the tip of the wooden blades and broke the paddle control frame.

It is a little difficult to know when the blades are perfectly straight. As has been said before, they are tight and don't auto-align. Other than that, they are great! They tracked perfectly without me having to do anything and are balanced from the factory. No need to apply tape!
I hear that's exceptionally rare with heli blades, even expensive carbon fiber ones.

Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com   My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Review of the Super Blades by www.Super-Skids.com
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next