RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

:WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft

Go down 
+3
FPainter
fazool
suriano
7 posters
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

:WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft Empty
PostSubject: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Hey Guys,

I know this might be alot to ask but after finally getting all the parts to fly
my esmart I missed the fact that my feathering shaft had gotten bent. So
It is in need of a feathering shaft.

If anyone has a spare to help me get the esmart fly'n, I would really
appritiate that.

You all know I have a Hurricane head for the Esmart. I dont want to use
it in case you are wondering because I loose blade diameter and its not
as cool looking as th esmarts metal head.

Please let me know if anyone is kind enough to give up one of there spare
feathering shafts.

Thanks.........
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: feathering shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Suriano;
There is an esmart part substitution thread on Helifreak. As posted by DAMYXZ he has used a century swift 550/16 feathering shaft with some modification. There is a ball in the middle of the shaft which must be ground off. I have not personally done it myself as of yet but as per DAMYXZ it works well. Check it out, hope it works for you.
Frank
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:47 am

Yes I have seen and investigated that mod. I dont trust it. If you look at it closely
you will see it uses screws instead of nuts, so the ends are not threads they are a taper
for a smaller bearing of some type. No way will it work without major complications.

Check it out and look closer. The ends are reduced in diameter and it uses screws instead
of nuts. So what will sit on the ends of the shaft?

I dont want to try it, and I will try anything that makes sense.

Thanks though buddy..............

:WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft Cne521a-450
Back to top Go down
FPainter

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:02 am

Don't you have a hammer and a piece of steel to beat it on. I straighten them if I don't have a spare on hand.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:06 am

FPainter wrote:
Don't you have a hammer and a piece of steel to beat it on. I straighten them if I don't have a spare on hand.

No kidding......They are super soft metal. Might have to give it a go...
Back to top Go down
FPainter

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:14 am

I have a very thin piece of shim stock that I place under it when I tap the high place. This takes it just a little past straight so when it springs back it is straight. I am a crappy flier, so I have had a lot of practice straightening shafts. :prop:
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:17 am

I use my steel V-blocks to straighten my flybars. Might give it a go.....
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:18 am

I figured no one would sell theres. Its like giving away gold right now.........
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:27 am

if I had an extra one it'd be yours but the only one I have is actually in my heli right now orange78

I did e-mail Microheli the other day to check up on the Main Shafts and Feathering Shafts, I need a few myself.
Back to top Go down
FPainter

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:33 am

Hollywood !!!!

Can I be in your next movie?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: F Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:08 am

Hey Sur, I'm gonna lok and see how many I have.. ALSO I'm gonna take a shot at making one!!!! I already have the round stock so I'm gonna give it a shot. Only thing, threads might end up STD. not metric. Which wont matter but I don't think I have a metric die..!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:14 am

Tell you what FD. If you make one and it works good and you want to make more, I sure buy some from you.

Donnie D :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft 738623
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: YUP   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:18 am

I was thinkin about that the other night!! If It works out makin one more should be a snap!!!! I've already made main shafts that worked great so I'm gonna give it a shot!!!! I think I have a couple, even of both sizes I think but if other guys are gonna need some I will give it a try..!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:39 am

Hey, I'll buy those from you too. Also, after I get thie B47 up and flying (if I ever do) you might want to think about putting together some electric conversion kits. There are a lot of scale heli's out there that are designed for nitro or gas that I think would be better, or just as well served if converted to electric. You said yourself how much of a pain in the butt fuel can be. Not to mention the added expense. I personally think that electric is the wave of the future. (I don't mean that it will ever take the place of fuel for those of us that love fuel aircraft, or am I in any way putting down fuel.) Just a thought.

John 11 : 25-26
Back to top Go down
FPainter

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Where is a good place to get metric dies and taps in those really small sizes that are in use on helicopters 1mm,2mm,2.5mm,3mm,3.5mm.

My local Hardware store has 4mm up.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:26 pm

FPainter wrote:
Where is a good place to get metric dies and taps in those really small sizes that are in use on helicopters 1mm,2mm,2.5mm,3mm,3.5mm.

My local Hardware store has 4mm up.

I just bought a 3.0 from napa. Well I got it off of eBay but it is a napa tap.

I put my feathering shaft on my v-blocks and with the help of a dial indicator
and a hammer I was able to get it pretty straight. I still need to run it and check
the tracking though.

Ya know FD, The stock feathering shafts are soft and will bend after a rough
landing. Will you be using better steel? I would love a couple too. If you decide
to make a batch too sell, it would be like feeding piranha. A feeding frenzy......
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Parts for money!!   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Well DD the main stafts that I made were for that screamer 480 that I couldn't get parts for.. But I've since converted that down to 5MM bearings and the CopterX black Angel head>>> They were not for the "E"!! But they should be no problem to make either, but I have a couple of them and I think there still around for now.. But the frathering shafts>>>> The rod I have I think is just mild steel, but if I can get the die and they work out ok I will get harder steel.. I have a place near by I can get everything from even stainless but I don't think I can work that with my lathe.. I really would like to get the metric taps and dies but I think I already have small enough STD stuff..!!! The other option if there is absoulity no other, is to change bearings and use the feathering shaft from the plastic version/G smart....
i know I have a couple of each size....

However I will be really honest with you guys, I'm on workmans comp. and am struggling to get by.. I've gone from making 100,000 in 2007 to 38,800 now and it has made things very tight in my house.
So I'm going to start to try to make some of these things that are not available and will need to sell them. Not for a lot but I really need to start to come up with some ways to make a little extra income.. Hopefully ih a couple ways using helicopters from makin parts to building custom helis for people.. So bear with me and I will try to get it going....
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Well partner, you've got at least one customer right here. :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft 559360

Matthew 3 : 25-34
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Fellas   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:30 pm

I love this idea that Marc started. Badgering companies into giving us what we want.

If FatDaddy wants to make parts, great. I'd love to see that actually! Bet he'd be good at it. Just my impression.

But here's an example of an email I just sent to microheli:

Would you please make us some feathering shafts and main shafts for the ESky E-Smart?

There are a lot of people in our forum that are clamouring for these. Just make 200! See how they sell. Please make these for us. If it's good business for you, we can ask for a lot of other parts, too.

And you'd be making a lot of happy customers as well.

Thank you!

Mick

EVERYONE send something similar to microheli, PLEASE! Do it now! Before you forget.

Imagine how useful it would be to establish a good relationship with a first class machine shop!! Think about it!

No, do it! Join the team here, fellas!

Let's make things happen. After all, it's just a few key strokes.

I want those high quality feathering shafts, damn it!!!!

Peace,

Mick
PS Marc, how'm I doing?
PPS If you send, post it in General, under E-Smart ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft   :WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

:WANTED: Need one Esmart metal edition Feathering Shaft
Page 1 of 1