RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt CP paddle control arm help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Belt CP paddle control arm help Empty
PostSubject: Belt CP paddle control arm help   Belt CP paddle control arm help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:11 pm

I think my paddles are supposed to be in line with the paddle control arms. Mine are, but the paddles are not level with each other. they both have positive pitch and the control arms are at that same angle. I can't figure out how to adjust the control arms to make them and the paddles level. Please help. whacky117

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Tonka

Tonka

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP paddle control arm help   Belt CP paddle control arm help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Donnie D wrote:
I think my paddles are supposed to be in line with the paddle control arms. Mine are, but the paddles are not level with each other. they both have positive pitch and the control arms are at that same angle. I can't figure out how to adjust the control arms to make them and the paddles level. Please help. whacky117

Donnie D

Hi Donnie had a similar problem with my King2 and found that with my trimms in the neutral position my swash plate wasnt level
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP paddle control arm help   Belt CP paddle control arm help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:11 pm

I've really gotten myself confused. I'm trying to get my Belt set up properly. In the CP setup guide at Nutcaze website the first thing you do is to set the paddle control arms horizontal. I assume that means level with the ground. If so, how do you adjust them? I'm apparently too dumb to figure that out. Need help bad. At the time I'm supposed to be making that adjustment, where is my throttle stick supposed to be and am I in normal or idle up mode?
Question 😕 rolleyes dunce whatt
Boy do I feel like an idiot.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: I'll try   Belt CP paddle control arm help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:35 pm

Ok DD, First, for set-up I use the main gear, its always 90 degrees to the main shaft! Or you can use the boom as your ref. point for level not the ground.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP paddle control arm help   Belt CP paddle control arm help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:18 pm

I'm still having a problem with this.
I have a Belt CP V1 and I still use the stock transmiter.

I have some things messed up in my set up and I'm trying to start at the beginning to get things right again, so I go to Nutcaze's website and click on the (CP and dx61 Basic set up) link

I do the following steps:

1. unplug motor

2. power on transmiter and heli

here is where I'm having my problem

3. Align both PaddleControl Arms horizontal to the flybar

How do I do that?

There are some other things later in the process that I'm not sure about as well, but I have to get past step three before I can concern myself with those things.

Sure could use some help.

Thanks guys

Donnie D

I guess the D stands for dumb dunce
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OK   Belt CP paddle control arm help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:41 pm

On the are, where the flybar goes thru, there is a set screw, loosen that and twist the arm. Lood down the flybar, with the paddle on, you should see the end of the arm, twist the arm while holding the paddle so they are the same. You should be able to make the paddle"center in the arm.....Wait, what head are you using. I'm decribing working on the purple Alu. one.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP paddle control arm help   Belt CP paddle control arm help I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:44 am

I'm not sure I exactly understand the problem but after you get the paddle control arms level, then you twist the flybar paddles to make them level with the paddles, I'll try to find some pics to help
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP paddle control arm help   Belt CP paddle control arm help I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:18 am

I know how to get the paddles level or lined up with the arms. Loosen the grub screws on the paddles and twist the paddles till they are level with the arms and tighten them back. But after I do that, the paddles are not level with each other. I believe that when I look from the end of one paddle, down the flybar toward the head, both paddles and both control arms are supposed to be horizontal and level with each other. They are not. argh That is the adjustment I can't figure out how to make :smiley-signs28

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP paddle control arm help   Belt CP paddle control arm help I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 pm

OK guys. I might have that problem solved. Actually Fatdaddy nailed it and I was just to dumb to see what he was trying to tell me. slaphead Took about 45 minutes before what he said finaly sunk into my thick scull,but by then it was time for me to go to work. I ran out to my shop and loosened the grub screws on the flybar case and now i've got the paddles and the paddle control arms horizontal and level with each other. DUH Anyway I'm gonna have to go back thru the whole set up and check everything so I know I'll be back for more help with that, but that will probably have to wait till tomorrow night or the weekend. Thanks Nutcaze for responding so fast and thanks Fatdaddy for fixing me up. You're the man. I owe you one. smiley-happy088 :worthy: :worthy:

Donnie D (umb) dunce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP paddle control arm help   Belt CP paddle control arm help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt CP paddle control arm help
Page 1 of 1