RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Todays Crash

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

Todays Crash Empty
PostSubject: Todays Crash   Todays Crash I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:03 pm

Finally worked up the courage to try looping my 450. I completed 3 foreward loops, shakey but pulled them off. The third involved an air to ground interface at the end. Not so pretty. Not terrible but will require some considerable repairs.

Landing skids torn off - looks to be repairable
Jesus bolt at head broken - have spares / probably have a bent mainshaft also have spares
Definite bent feathering shaft - have spares
Main gear missing teeth - have spare
Flybar - trashed have spare

So far all the servos look OK, main blades look OK, boom doesn't look bent, i'll have to do a little more investigating but that doesn't seem too bad.

Chalk it up to fly and learn, next time I'll do it better and higher!

If I get a chance I'll post pictures later.

Curt orange71
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Todays Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Crash   Todays Crash I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:53 am

Ground interference huh.... :hahaha:

Crash-n-Fly, you will either become an excellent pilot or an excellent mechanic, either way you will be excellent!!!! :bigthumb:

J.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Todays Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Crash   Todays Crash I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:51 pm

everybody crashes, just dont give up and keep flying,.. get a good heli orientation. BTW, did you apply little negative pitch as you were doing your loops? you should do this the moment your heli is at the point where it's inverted, so it will loop smoothly, and not sending your heli down. goodluck and keep flying..
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

Todays Crash Empty
PostSubject: I'll keep trying, you bet!   Todays Crash I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 9:05 pm

I did go negative pitch at the flip over point and saw the lift. I think I just didn't keep the nose pointing up hard or long enough. It's all kind of a blur. I wish my flying buddy would have been there to give me pointers. Maybe, even a video, so I could relive the crash over and over.

Thanks for the pointers and I'll be looping next time out I'm sure!

Curt :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Todays Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Crash   Todays Crash I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Todays Crash
Page 1 of 1