RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP

Go down 
+3
kodak_jack
TheSmeez
CQSIHC Flyer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CQSIHC Flyer

Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP Empty
PostSubject: Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP   Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:24 pm

I am now able to hover through multiple battery packs with my HBFP.

One thing that I have noticed is, although my main blades are balanced, they still vibrate alot. I suppose I could mess around and try twisting them, but I was curioius of anyone had upgraded to a better, sturdier, lighter blade with good results.

Also, is thier any benefit to installing heat sinks on the motors?
Back to top Go down
TheSmeez

PostSubject: Re: Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP   Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:41 pm

I've only been flying for a couple months but I recently upgraded to some wooden blades with, I believe, 6 degree pitch and they seem to provide a little more lift and stay in tracking. They also weigh a little less than the stock plastic. As far as heat sinks, I installed them on my HBFP a couple weeks ago, I can't really tell how much cooler it stays but increasing the surface area to dissipate the heat only seems like a good thing. A lot of people say it helps, and for the cost I figure its worth a go. Also try adjusting your screws on the rotor head that hold the blades, maybe a little tighter and make sure they are the same tightness.
Back to top Go down
kodak_jack

kodak_jack

PostSubject: Re: Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP   Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:48 am

Some are using the Xtreme fiber reinforced blades. There are also the M-24 blades that guys have been using for a long time. The original/ stock motors don't last very long nor do the stock tail motors. The tried and true Slo-Max motor has recently been discontinued, so, the hunt is on for a better brushed motor. One suggestion is the CP Pro motor with replaceable brushes. DO NOT try the Xtreme 380 motor. It is too iffy. Some have taken out 4-in-1's = $$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

PostSubject: Re: Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP   Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:07 am

I have had heat sinks on my main and tail rotors since I have had my helis. Have yet to burn a motor on either of my HBFP's. That is over a year. At least a hundred flights each.
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP   Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:24 pm

I have modified my E-Sky HBFP with a brushless system which is better than using an X-treme 380 motor that usually can blow up your Rx. I also hated buying new 370 carbon brushed motors at about $10 a pop plus I had to wait until the motor cooled down before flying again. With the brushless motor, it stays cool to the touch and it lasts virtually forever. No more heat sinks and as a result I can fly all day by just swapping out the LIPO battery. For more info on how to do this goto: http://www.rtf-heli.com

Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP Eskyhb11

happyyes
Back to top Go down
Brutus5

Brutus5

PostSubject: Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP   Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:29 pm

CQSIHC Flyer wrote:
I am now able to hover through multiple battery packs with my HBFP.

One thing that I have noticed is, although my main blades are balanced, they still vibrate alot. I suppose I could mess around and try twisting them, but I was curioius of anyone had upgraded to a better, sturdier, lighter blade with good results.

Also, is thier any benefit to installing heat sinks on the motors?

I use this blades on my HBFP and I think they works great

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2626

or you can try this one:

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=3685

When it comes to heatsinks, just use it. Your motors will keep the temp. a lot lower when you do 2cents
and they will last longer. think004
Back to top Go down
scaldarera

PostSubject: Re: Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP   Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Brutus,

I have had sever and not so sever vibrations on my honey bee. first i did all the balancing you have read about. There was still vibration at times and still is. What I discovered that really helps is to adjust the main blades so they are perfectly lined up and no vibration with my landing gear. Then I power up.. Sometimes when I am throttling up I can tell if the training gear starts to vibrate to stop and readjust the blades. It may take several adjustments to get them where there is no vibration. Good luck.
Sam
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP   Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:57 am

Proper blade tracking and keeping the flybar paddles at a zero degrees pitch to the ground level. Then you have to check the shaft to see if te cetral hub is cracked. Usually the ears maybe broken or cracked which will cause vibration.

flyaway
Back to top Go down
Brutus5

Brutus5

PostSubject: Re: Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP   Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:25 am

Hei scaldarera,

Like RTF-Heli says, the tracking of the blades and paddles is very imp. The stock rotorhead is to soft so they flex a lot, you may want to stiffen it, or change it to another type orange68
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP   Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for upgrades to my Honeybee FP
Page 1 of 1