RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Spektrum AR6100e Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

Spektrum AR6100e Question Empty
PostSubject: Spektrum AR6100e Question   Spektrum AR6100e Question I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:37 am

I pretty much have decided to go with an AR6100e receiver on my upcoming EXI squadron build. I do have a question though. The specs for the AR6100e say 3.5 - 9v and I am planning on running 11.1v power. Is this issue why BECs are used, to lower the battery voltage to the receiver?

Obviously I still have a lot to learn.

Curt orange44 orange78
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Ok Answered my own question!   Spektrum AR6100e Question I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:57 am

orange71

Did a little more reaserch and answered my own question on BEC. The BEC is included in the ESC, Volcano 25A, that is coming with my package. The BEC then powers the receiver and the servos, correct? I guess I'll try and search for a wiring diagram online which will answer my questions.

The internet is an amazing tool. Trying to find this kind of technical information and networking with other people is great! I tend to have interests that are not really main stream so I really appreciate the access to information.

(I remember my old 300baud manual modem from the 80's, manual means I had to switch it from send to receive with a manual switch, for you young guys!) Thought I was hot stuff then!

Curt
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Found a good diagram - May be helpful to others   Spektrum AR6100e Question I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:04 am

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=783582

Hope it is acceptable to post links to other boards. Sorry in advance if I have been bad!

Curt
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Spektrum AR6100e Question   Spektrum AR6100e Question I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:28 pm

nope, I really don't care where you post links to orange49 (just so as long as the links don't get spammed Wink )
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Fusing the electronics system   Spektrum AR6100e Question I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:09 am

In the diagrams for wiring up the electronics there are fuses showen. If you guys are adding fuses to the wiring of your birds how do you select the fuse amperage size? My first thought is to use fuses that are the same amps as the ESC and probably fast blow. I'll do some more research and share the info I find.

I'm excited, I should be receiving some of my parts for the EXI Squadron build and repair parts for my HBFP today. Hopefully I'll get the HBFP back in the air tonite, if I can get to the post office before it closes. I also have to sign for the UPS shipment so I hope I'm home when my man in brown shows up! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Curt
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Spektrum AR6100e Question   Spektrum AR6100e Question I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:25 pm

As far as I'm concerned my ESC IS my fuse, lol orange80 .

I'm not sure about other but I can't recall seeing fuses on CP's, but I'm sure lots of people do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spektrum AR6100e Question   Spektrum AR6100e Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spektrum AR6100e Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Info, Video, Photos and Accesories :: RC Transmitters and Receivers-
Jump to: