RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

just an observation

Go down 
+2
Nuttcaze
chiefqm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chiefqm

chiefqm

just an observation Empty
PostSubject: just an observation   just an observation I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:33 pm

If you purchase a RTR car or boat you pretty much just have to charge the batteries and away you go. If you purchase a RTF air plane samo-samo. BUT a RTF helo seems to add an entirely different meaning to RTF. I think it means Ready To Fix. True it is fully assembled and the mechanical connections and electronics are routed to the appriate places, and the right stick movements move the right stuff. But the Ready part seems to end about there. Every one I have bought has had to be tweeked in some way or other, from the little $20. foamie to the HBFP. One good thing about it is that it's been a fun and interesting learning curve, another is, I have really enjoyed sharing a common experiance with all you folks on these forums. My hat's off to you guys I would have been seriously lost and possibly would have given up in frustration if it wasn't for all the help and advice I've received from all of you. orange74 navy1
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: just an observation   just an observation I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Alot of Ready-to-fly is if you already know how to fly. I can take almost any RTF heli out of the box and fly it without setting it up in anyway. BUT, I'm already good at flying. The problem is that RTF tricks beginners into thinking that they will be able to just take it out of the box and fly but most do not have the skills to do so.
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: just an observation   just an observation I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:42 pm

I know that, I was just having fun, but mostly I wanted to thank, especially you, Mark, and all the rest of the guys who have taken the time to help those of us who haven't had a chance to gather up enough experence to just pull "it" out of the box. salute navy1
Back to top Go down
TOTO

TOTO

PostSubject: RTF   just an observation I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:04 pm

It would be more appropriate for me if they were rated as RTR ready to wreak that seem to be my mo. I also would like to thank everyone that post info, especislly Marc without you guys my new addiction would be in flames not taking my bird for short walks
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: just an observation   just an observation I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:56 pm

RTF=RTC= Ready to Crash orange78 orange72
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Good observation   just an observation I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:50 am

Learning to fly a heli, is probably the most difficult RC choice one could make. I would suggest you consider RTF to mean fully or almost fully assembled. Would be the same with an airplane. If on your maiden flight the rudder, alerons or elevator are not quite trimmed out (assembled though they may be), you need to know what your doing to react quickly or you will have what P3tras said... almost ready to crash.

I agree, seems like a heli is a totally different animal.

Tristar
Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

PostSubject: Just an Observation   just an observation I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:27 am

Of the four different Esky models I have, three of them were wounded on there first spin up! Yes, experience; and often pain, are important in the learning! I sure do not want to get hit hit by my E-Smart again! orange69
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just an observation   just an observation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just an observation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: Off Topic - stuff not related to RC-
Jump to: