RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Tristar's Heli Family

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

Tristar's Heli Family Empty
PostSubject: Tristar's Heli Family   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:42 pm

The top dog (Till I get my T-Rex 600)
Blue Ray 450se a.k.a. Big Brid from the one in Sesame Street
Tristar's Heli Family ExceedBlueRay450

What I intend to practice a lot with
CP Pro 2 (Stock) - a.k.a. Roxy - good looking but fiesty
Tristar's Heli Family E-fliteBladeCPPro2

My indoor nemissis - squirly, but I may eventually tame this little rascal
Walkera 4#3B brushless a.k.a. Sprite - likes to flit around on it's own
Tristar's Heli Family Walkera43BBody

Group pic for scale - includes mCX - is her falut, she started all this!
Blade mCX - coax a.k.a. tinkerbell - the tame one compared the others
Tristar's Heli Family TheFamily

Tristar
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: Tristar's Heli Family   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:09 am

nice fleet ya got there
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Re: Tristar's Heli Family   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:23 am

Thanks blazemob,

Excellent directions on how to post them.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: Tristar's Heli Family   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:11 pm

i never realised that the blade mxc was so small.don`t know why but i thought it was bigger than that.nice mix of heli`s though,wish i could afford to splash out a bit more
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Re: Tristar's Heli Family   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi 247,

Yes it is the same size as a 4#3. All I can say is before you build your fleet, there is lots of good info on the web, some have preferances and biases, but you learn a lot. Thanks for the feedback, all I can say is let's see how long they remain intact,

Tristar
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Tristar's Heli Family   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:23 pm

A fleet to be proud of bud. A good mix
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: Tristar's Heli Family   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:54 am

what`s the blade cp like to fly?a lot of negative stuff have been said about it in a few different forums so is it as bad as people say?
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: 4#3 looks/sounds like a handful!   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:03 am

I was really tempted, when I was shopping for my first heli, to get a 4#3. I'm glad I resisted temptation as everyone seems to comment how sensative it is. After flying the HBFP for a while I think I would have been discouraged quickly with the difficulty of the 4#3 for a newbee. The HBFP has taken a beating and so far it has been pretty inexpensive and uncomplicated to repair.

Very nice fleet by the way!

Curt orange74
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: RC Heli Pilot Feng Shui   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:09 am

I always enjoy the background of the heli pictures. Makes me feel right at home. I'm expecting my wife to pitch a fit any second about the mess. I bought a couple of the heli storage boxes to straighten up the mess but I'd rather spend the time on my Squadron build than Feng Shuing my mess!

Thanks guys for making me feel right at home.

Curt orange2
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Tristar's Heli Family   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:13 am

I have a room just for my helis. Got a tv, computer, fridge and no wife in there. Can look however I want it to lol.
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Hey Guys   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Sorry not meaning to ignore you, just haven't been keeping up in here:

Rememberme: talk to Prel about flying a CP, mine has never left the ground yet, and is now waiting on a 2in1 mod, and that is a bit disappoinging since it is farily new (like a month old). All I've done was some spin ups with it. Did make me clean out my garage though, he he. I'm gonna learn to hover my Blue Ray first, did that for the frist time this last Sunday... broken parts... here I COME! orange72

Hey cgetman: yes I'm a bachelor, lol, so I am "allowed" to be grubby at times, lol. On the 4#3B, it is a real gem, and is a FP, so I figure It may end up being the last bird I learn to hover (need to get confidence up on the 450 first), and I have become a real convert of bigger is more stable (hats off to Nuttcaze, where I read that). I think for inside flying it has a good rep. What you say is true though, it is "squirly". My 2 cents is that is a great investment, just have to work up to it. I say that because it can get windy here in Colorado orange44

Prel: when you gonna build that hay barn so we can fly up at your place? orange58

P.S. I should be severly scolded, I went to the hobby store to get a swash plate leveler for my Blue Ray, and this box jumped out and attacked me... I picked it up, knew I should put it back, looked at the price... swallowed. Now I have a T-Rex Carbon Fiber seV2. I need heli therapy orange6 Is a kit so no pics for a while, but it will be something I work up to. It was spendy orange69 but I've wanted one really bad, I think the BR is a clone of this.

Tristar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tristar's Heli Family   Tristar's Heli Family I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tristar's Heli Family
Page 1 of 1