RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

6 minute rule

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

6 minute rule Empty
PostSubject: 6 minute rule   6 minute rule I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:44 am

I've been timing my flights with the DX6i at 6 minutes. Sometimes I can detect a decrease in power just befor the 6 min. run out. Must be the programed cutout of the ESC. I'm still flying with training gear so I'm sure my flight times will get longer when I feel comfortable removing the gear.

I have noticed that the batteries are pretty warm when the 6 min. flight is over. I'm assuming the heat is at a normal level for the 450 after a flight. I'm running 11.1v 2200mah 20C mystery packs. I realize that it's impossible to judge temperature without a measuring device, I guess it might be time to get a battery themometer.

I'll try a flight without training gear today and see if I'm still pushing the packs to close to the cutoff at the end of the 6min. timer.

Curt orange78
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

6 minute rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 minute rule   6 minute rule I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:51 am

you should program the timer on your DX6i to go off at 5min, then you'll have a better idea of when to land, I use a 6 min timer on all my flights
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

6 minute rule Empty
PostSubject: 6 min. Easy Without Training Gear   6 minute rule I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Well, I flew her without the training wheels for the first time today. No crashes! I did learn something about taking off. When she gets lite on the skids you need to goose her into the air. Don't give the bird time to tip around on the ground. Mostly I just practiced take offs and landings. I found without the training gear the bird was able to go the full 6min. without a problem.

I also played with the gyro adjust on the radio. The tail was wiggling a little bit, I think I found it was pretty steady at about 30 on the gyro. I'll have to do some more testing.

Crazysmile Crazy Fun!

Curt
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

6 minute rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 minute rule   6 minute rule I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:37 pm

orange71 Fun ain't it? excited

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

6 minute rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 minute rule   6 minute rule I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Hello,

I'am using Robbe 950 mAmp Lipo packs and they don't get hot at all. Fly time more than 10 min (easy) on my Honey Bee FP.

pevr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

6 minute rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 minute rule   6 minute rule I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6 minute rule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Info, Video, Photos and Accesories :: RC Batteries and Chargers-
Jump to: