RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esky 4 in 1 on fie!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ron9711

Ron9711

Esky  4 in 1 on fie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Esky 4 in 1 on fie!!!   Esky  4 in 1 on fie!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:54 am

just burnt my 4 in 1 receiver on my HBFP, was going fine then the motor siezed or stopped seems frozen up, then less than three seconds later the 4 n 1 was glowing melting and sssssmokin!!!! what happened???? Pleeeeze help this noob-boob!!!!! orange69 orange4

well, upon further inspection I found the culprit, it was the threaded keeper screw for the motor pinion which had vibrated loose and it bound into the side of the hole in the frame stopping the motore and frying my 4 in 1 the most,,,,,(sigh) expensive part on the heli...... angry032
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Esky 4 in 1 on fie!!!   Esky  4 in 1 on fie!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:35 am

As soon as you stop the brushed motor you send an amp serge back to the speed controler in the 4in1 and it's toast. Thankfully there is a simple mod to stop this from happening again.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=770802
Any heli with a brushed motor should have tis done to it. You will want to be prepared though when you fly. I carry spare fuses with me and a small butane power soldering iron. Only takes a couple of minutes to change a fuse out. I have my fuses preped, ready to solder.

Hope this helps

Darrel
Back to top Go down
Ron9711

Ron9711

PostSubject: Re: Esky 4 in 1 on fie!!!   Esky  4 in 1 on fie!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks !! ill have to do that mod- orange74
Back to top Go down
SergeyK

SergeyK

PostSubject: Re: Esky 4 in 1 on fie!!!   Esky  4 in 1 on fie!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:22 pm

If you can solder, you don't have to buy the whole new 4in1. You can buy just the FETs (about $3 a piece). I did so on my 4in1. I don't remember the details but I can find out the part number.

Sergey.
Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

PostSubject: Esky 4 in 1 on fire!!   Esky  4 in 1 on fie!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:38 pm

I will be doing the mod as well! I have two HBFP's and two HBCP2's. I have fried three 4 in 1s. orange4 I did find that on ebay, I bought them for the CP2 for $31.20 each! Shipping was reasonable, for a change. I got them from convolution323! orange74 I also know that there are micro fuse holders that can be soldered in so the fuse can be replaced without soldering. These can be obtained at audio or automotive stores. They are encased and insolated.
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: Esky 4 in 1 on fie!!!   Esky  4 in 1 on fie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:57 pm

SergeyK, can you post a picture the location of the FET and how it looks like?
Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

PostSubject: 4 in 1 on fire!!!   Esky  4 in 1 on fie!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:40 pm

You can go on to E-bay and find the EK2-0702 for about $16, shipped!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esky 4 in 1 on fie!!!   Esky  4 in 1 on fie!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esky 4 in 1 on fie!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: