RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600? Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600?   Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:23 pm

I am getting very very frustrated with this Heli. This heli shakes really bad.

First of all its never been wrecked and has done this since it was brand new.
Doesnt matter wich blades I put on and I have tried 2 sets both balanced in CG and weight. I have made sure the flybar is perfectly centered and the paddles are exactly the same distance from the central holder.

I just installed a new feathering shaft. Didnt think it would help but tried anyway.

There is 2 problems I am noticing.....

The feathering shaft nomatter what I do I dont think it is centering itself in the hub. Everytime (wich is alot) I take the blade holders off carfully I notice the shaft is longer on one side than the other. I tried Nuttcazes advise on installing another washer but still acts like one blade is longer than the other one.

#2 with the blades off and the feathering shaft with all the bushings and washers off the central holder, when I spin up the motor it looks like it wobbles. When I remove the central holder and spin it up the main shaft doesnt wobble only with the central holder on.

I have searched the net for a month and everybody just talks about how great and smooth this heli is. Well not for me. Sometimes it shakes so bad I just cant even fly it. Sometimes it is slightly ok but I can tell the gyro doesnt like it.

I know someone might wonder about the head speed. It usually isnt as noticable when powered up to 80%, but when spooling up and especially spooling down the tail slams against the ground up and down and side to side. When it is really bad at 80% power the skids shake violently and the gyro starts freaking out.

Now I think there might be a machining flaw on the central holder and might have to replace it even though its new.

I am using petrolium jelly on the feathering shaft...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600?   Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Hey S, Is it a plastic head? Sounds like your right about it being a bad part.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600?   Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention it is an all metal version....
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: wobble and shake!!   Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:34 am

Well thats differant!!! I think you might have the wrong feathering shaft!! The plastic head uses a 5mm where as the metal uses a 6mm!! And if you somehow??? got the wrong one all the things that you describe would happen, I think. So maybe check that!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600?   Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:30 pm

I measured 6mm on the feathering shaft...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ??   Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:35 pm

Well, I don't really know what to suggest.... Are you coming to the FF? I'd like to see it first hand,might be able to help then.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600?   Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:12 pm

No unforntunatly I cant make the FunFly event...

New mainshaft was installed today but still no progress.

I ordered a new central holder...Everything right now points to that being
a mis-machined part.

Interesting no body else has problems????

If that solves the problem I will post it just in case I am not the only one..
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600?   Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:00 am

Theres nothing touching the bottom of the mian shaft is there, a few times my battery holder slid back to where it was touching the screw and that caused hella vibrations.

Also if you are using the stock blades, carefully check for cracks in the plastic covering. Have you tried weighing each blade to make sure they really weigh the same?

Another thing to check is to make sure the main shaft isn't bent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600?   Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one with massive head shake with the ES600?
Page 1 of 1