RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Where do you fly?

Go down 
+3
eatmydirt
chiefqm
coastal
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coastal

coastal

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:51 pm

When I first decided to get into RC helis I was thinking small co-ax and flying it in the lanai. Then after reading and deciding on the much larger HBFP, I thought again, real quick. Can you imagine the disaster? orange43

I guess I'll have to use the driveway although I hate the idea of being on display before I can keep it in the air for more than 30 seconds. At least when I go to the northern compound, I can use the large empty basement.

Where do you fly? IMG00090
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:21 pm

What you need are some floats!! orange45 navy1
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Hey good idea!

I saw someone here put a piece of foam noodle on theirs for a soft landing, that could come in handy for surf and turf.
Back to top Go down
eatmydirt

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:12 pm

I fly at the club field here in Mount Vernon. It's $20 per year plus your AMA.
I'll make a hat cam video a little bit later so everyone can see our field.
I was just there but my cam battery was dead. Flew 2 bats in the Belt CP but it was a little bit too windy for my skill level.
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Not a bad price, the local club here wants $250 a year + AMA. I guess I'll keep it to myself, maybe someone from this area will join the forum, untill then, I belong to enough clubs.

The first time I got into RC I was young and the club snobs kept it to themselves. That's what led me to lose interest back then, at least there are forums today.
Back to top Go down
eatmydirt

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 pm

I made a pretty good (for me) 8 minute video at the club field. It came out upside down.
Oh well, I'll get it eventually.
Flew 2 more bats for a total of 4 today and 7 altogether on the new Belt CP V2. No damage!
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Didn't you notice the camera was upside down? laughing013

Can't wait to see a video, you must be getting pretty good. How different is it from the sim? I got my sim today and have been playing, it does take some getting used to. I still plan on going through the Radd flight school once I do finally get the Honey Bee.
Back to top Go down
eatmydirt

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:58 pm

coastal wrote:
Didn't you notice the camera was upside down? laughing013

Can't wait to see a video, you must be getting pretty good. How different is it from the sim? I got my sim today and have been playing, it does take some getting used to. I still plan on going through the Radd flight school once I do finally get the Honey Bee.

I've only used the cam twice so far. Once to test and once was mounted on a plane. That was last winter when it was freezing outside. I forgot which end was up. It's a FlyCamOne2.

I'm not very good but I'm much better at heli's than I was last year. I'll post a video asap.

The sim is essential for training but it's not the same as the real deal.

If you have never flown a heli, I highly recommend the HBFP and some training gear. I flew my HBFP yesterday just for practice. I wouldn't be without it.
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 12:35 am

I'm waiting for the new HBFP 2 to come out, if I'm lucky, they will start to ship to customers next month. For now, I took the advice and got the ESky sim to start to practice. It arrived today and I estimate I've racked up about $2000 of sim damage not to mention two sim head injuries. orange44

Makes me glad I didn't get the real one yet. But not bad for the first day.

The controls seem a little sluggish, I would think that the real thing is more responsive but you can see and feel it better than the sim too.
Back to top Go down
eatmydirt

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Welp, I tried another video. I turned on the cam to see if it was working then turned it back off while I plugged in and got ready. Had a great 8 minute flight but forgot to turn on the cam. Only brought one battery and it was already getting dark so I'll try again tomorrow. Look for the vid in the vid section tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:19 am

Maybe you need a check list Wink
Back to top Go down
eatmydirt

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:04 am

Dude, if you were me a check list wouldn't even work. LOL! When I fly a heli, it's like "look out" "stand back" and get outa the way. Im so focused, you'll understand when you get your heli. Plus, there was a guy that pulled up that was asking 5 million questions right as I was ready to take off. You'll have your best flights by your self. Trust me...
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:25 am

Hey Coastal, Check out this free sim. It's called "HeliSimRC". You have to add the www and dots to download it, but it has some features that are nice and it works well with the Esky joystick/tx. Anyway just a suggestion and good luck. flyaway navy1
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:03 am

eatmydirt wrote:
Dude, if you were me a check list wouldn't even work. LOL! When I fly a heli, it's like "look out" "stand back" and get outa the way. Im so focused, you'll understand when you get your heli. Plus, there was a guy that pulled up that was asking 5 million questions right as I was ready to take off. You'll have your best flights by your self. Trust me...

haha, sounds like me and golf. I told my brother that when he comes to visit me and play some golf he had better watch out. He said, "you must be getting good". I said, no, really watch out, you never know where that dam ball is going to go next. orange69

I know we will see that video today, it will be a while I'm sure before I can keep my heli in the air long enough to consider a video.
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:10 am

chiefqm wrote:
Hey Coastal, Check out this free sim. It's called "HeliSimRC". You have to add the www and dots to download it, but it has some features that are nice and it works well with the Esky joystick/tx. Anyway just a suggestion and good luck. flyaway navy1

I found you other post about this sim and downloaded it. orange74

For me, it's a little better than the FMS one. The FMS I can't get to stop spinning. I've calibrated and set the trims but cat get it to stabilize. Thank goodness for these sims, I know it's different than the real thing but it has to help reduce crashes. I've learned a lot already and I’m building the eye hand coordination necessary to fly.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: SIM VS HBK2   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:19 am

Hey guys, I think you are ok to use the sim but I personally don't think its anything like flying a real heli!!! I have about 15 min. on it!!! I don't think its nessasery aty all!! I do think that RADDS IS !!!
I think when you are going to try to learn a 3D move the sim will be good for that. but for real flight,, I just don't see it as being close enough to be any help except for gettin used to what the sticks do..!! Just my thoughts!!
I learned on a HBK2
Back to top Go down
eatmydirt

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:20 pm

No video today. I was at the field for 6 hours but it's too windy for my little Belt CP. Well actually it's too windy for me, not the heli. We had a steady 10 mph wind. Flew a few planes but thats it.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Here too   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Way to windy for me too today and for the last week or more!!! I have not flown since I was in the Outer Banks last week!!! I'm hoping its gonna die down a bit and I'm gonna get out the "E" and give it a shot!!
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Since I have no heli at this point, I droped the top and took a nice drive. I was able to do a little flying here and there. orange68

Sorry about your weather but I guess it's better to wait.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: up   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:17 pm

Wind died down so out came the "E"!! Flew thrw a batt. well hoovered really I really need to get some BALLS!!!
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:42 am

you will need REAL training gears!
Where do you fly? Meanbabyrotorpod
Where do you fly? Meanbabyrotorpod2

-pete
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Gear!!   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 am

That suits you baby!!!
Back to top Go down
g3nius

g3nius

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:44 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
Wind died down so out came the "E"!! Flew thrw a batt. well hoovered really I really need to get some BALLS!!!

Hey, I'll take it out for you anytime you're ready! =P
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: E   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:00 am

Pretty boy, I do have one you can fly!!! For a small deposit you can fly it all day everyday!!!
Back to top Go down
g3nius

g3nius

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:17 am

Fatdaddy wrote:
Pretty boy, I do have one you can fly!!! For a small deposit you can fly it all day everyday!!!

Only interested if it starts with "G" or "E".

g3nius out. atomic

P.S. ...and ends in "5" or "Smart!" US flag
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: OK   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:24 am

YES I have an All Metal "E" with your name on it!!!! I'm about to start to reassemble it!!! It was about to take a trip to Norway but its gonna stay right here in the USA!!! All it will take is a 500 deposit and we will put your REC. on her and off you go!!
Back to top Go down
g3nius

g3nius

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:25 am

Fatdaddy wrote:
YES I have an All Metal "E" with your name on it!!!! I'm about to start to reassemble it!!! It was about to take a trip to Norway but its gonna stay right here in the USA!!! All it will take is a 500 deposit and we will put your REC. on her and off you go!!

LOL. Do I happen to get this deposit back? haha orange78
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Why   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:30 am

Once you fly it you won't want it back!!!
Back to top Go down
g3nius

g3nius

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:34 am

Fatdaddy wrote:
Once you fly it you won't want it back!!!

lol true true. Perhaps I'll wait a bit! I'll rock out the 450 for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: OK then!!   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:41 am

Just keep it in the air!!! I flew bout 5 packs today and I ROCKED them!!! I'm having soooo much fun now I really can't believe it!!! I still am reserved(no balls) when I fly the "E" but I got a plan!! I think that the "E" is so much bigger that it is gonna take some gettin used to. So what I'm gonna do to speed that up is start flying the 500 much more!! Simple right... Move up one step at a time!!!Should be quick and easy that way!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where do you fly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you fly?   Where do you fly? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you fly?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: