RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

lipo going bad ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
willy007

willy007

lipo going bad ? Empty
PostSubject: lipo going bad ?   lipo going bad ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:10 pm

hello all, my orginal lipo for my esky big lama seems to be going bad, the charge keeps getting shorter and it take longer to charge, last time i charged it for 3hrs. The charge gets weaker faster and i lost it on its last flight ;[ it fell from about 22 feet and landed on my uncles car, with a lot of forward momentum orange58 broke one blade everything else seems fine but there is a noise comin from the gears i think, i orderd a bunch of spares for when it goes..

I was wondering if a balancing charger might bring it back to life ?

I was wanting to get the Thunder AC6, sounds like a good investment i have a ever growing number of lipos, only thing is i cant find one anywhere...
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

lipo going bad ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lipo going bad ?   lipo going bad ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:20 pm

I bought the Thunder T6 charger from Xheli. They are out of stock right now, but if you can hold out, either the T6 or AC6 are great chargers. I love mine so far.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

lipo going bad ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lipo going bad ?   lipo going bad ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:10 am

Are you using e-sky charger? E-sky chargers balances cells very well but it charges slowly orange69 So I think new charger will not bring your battery to life orange83
Back to top Go down
willy007

willy007

lipo going bad ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lipo going bad ?   lipo going bad ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:27 am

Ya i only have my 4 EK2-0851 chargers, orange51 lol i see now they do say balancing charger orange6 , hmm that lipo went kinda fast ? ive had it since may 09 probaly charged it 30 times....
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

lipo going bad ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lipo going bad ?   lipo going bad ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:51 am

get a t6 charger . you will only need 30-35 minutes, then your battery is full and well balance. This way your battery wll last way longer.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

lipo going bad ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lipo going bad ?   lipo going bad ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:33 pm

DON'T charge your batteries in 30min. It is very unhealthy for batteries to charge them very fast. You should not charge them faster than in 1 hour. Trust me on this. You will prolong battery life orange71
P.S. And Willy, as I understand you are using small capacity batteries (~800mah). So esky charger charges your batteries pretty fast. I think you should buy computer charger when you are using high (2000mah) capacity batteries and bored to wait 6 hours for battery to charge. And I don't recommend using smaller batteries than 800mah with esky charger.
P.P.S. I am using esky charger for all my batteries (largest is 2650mah) around a year now. And none of them puffed or lost capacity orange71
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lipo going bad ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lipo going bad ?   lipo going bad ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lipo going bad ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Info, Video, Photos and Accesories :: RC Batteries and Chargers-
Jump to: