RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Need Help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:01 am

Hi guys,
I am kind of new to heli flying. I recently purchased a E-Sky Belt CP v2 and had it running good for a while. The other day I landed kind of hard, which took out both main blades, the tail boom and the Horizontal stabilizer. I replaced everything, but she still has a wicked shimmy. Is it worth replacing the main motor shaft as well? Any thoughts?

Gary
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: shafts   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:09 am

Well it is very likely you need to at least check. Did you replace the feathering shaft? That is the one you will need to replace. I think.
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:14 am

I did not replace the feathering shaft...but I will now (or at least check it when i pull out the main shaft. Could my blades just be unbalanced?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: ???   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am

Maybe, but you really need to check the F. shaft.. That is the one that always bends. Check that before you remove the main... That might not be bent.. I bet itsa the feathering shaft.
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:21 am

Awesome! Thank you....I am going to check now!
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:39 am

Well, I though it would be easy to find, seeing how the manual is very detailed. However, I can't find the feathering shaft in the diagram.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:48 am

Heres a bunch of additional info for you

http://www.myrcguides.com/BeltCP.html

This video is all about replacing the feathering shaft

Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:50 am

HAH...I am watching it on youtube as you replied. Thanks for you help. I have a lot of work to do!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:03 am

garytash wrote:
I have a lot of work to do!

Me too, back to work now argh

biggrin
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:55 pm

So, where does one get a 5 1/2 mm deep well socket? I have been to 3 stores. Is the CP v2 the same size? I can't even get the feathering bar...it is sold out everywhere!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:20 pm

did you try your local auto parts store? thats where I got mine from
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:25 pm

Yea...."Advanced Auto Parts", which by the looks of it, there is nothing to "Advanced" about the place. XHeli has it, but they are sold out of blades and the feathering shaft. Can't I just send the heli to someone to be fixed...the right way?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Great site! Thank you...again! I bought a bunch of stuff, including 2 M3 sockets (should make life easy. Even saved a few dollars.

What are your thoughts on the Belt CP anyway? Is there a better heli for around the same price? As you can tell, I am really getting into this hobby.

Thanks,
Gary
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Fix the heli   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:13 pm

Hey Gary, If you were somehow so stuck there was no way you could do it I would be very happy to help you out, and I'm in South Jersey!! However if your gonna keep up with flying heli's then you really are gonna need to learn yourself, cause this ain't the last time you are gonna crash!!!! Come on down the the FunFly this weekend, its at my house and I will be more than happy to show you how to do it!!! I even have a HBK2 that takers the same head as your belt cp!! Just get the links that Nuttsey posted and get the stuiff ordered and shipped overnite, bring it all with you and I promise you will leave here able to rebuild,set-up and tune your own Belt CP!!!!
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Hey, Thanks for the invite. I would absolutely love to come down. However, I am headed down to the Outer Banks, NC Saturday Morning (5am). There is a slight chance we will be delayed, in which case, I can stop by. What time does the party start?

You are right, I should learn to do it myself. I do feel better that this forum exists and you guys are willing to help out.

Thanks to both of you. Be prepared for many more questions from me!

orange74
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: OBX   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:48 pm

I just returned from the OB last week!!! We have a place in Frisco!! Backs up to the Golf course!! Flew my Screamer in the major wind!!!
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Nice! We rent a house in Corolla. It is right on the water, so I don't think I will be flying much....maybe I'll bring my micro and fly in the house! Are there any shops down that way?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Nope   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Nope none that I know of. I did run across one in the finger lakes reagion up in NY couple weeks ago while doin a little vac,in. Very odd thing, lots of wineries and the first one I stoped in for a taste had a large table off in the corner with lotys of helis,, I just could not believe it!! All blade's!!
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:19 pm

So, just out of curiosity, what do you think is the best heli for the price (something in a 400)? I am looking to get a second, so when I crash and burn one, I have a spare.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: The Best??   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:35 pm

I'm not to sure bout the 400 class. I've learned on a HBK2. But if you are looking for something better and for moving up. I'd say a 500 class is a good start. If I did it again that is what I'd start with then go with an ESmart. But if your looking for something around 400/450 and want the BEST!!! I think the best , ones that I know about anyway
I think the BEST 450 is the OUTRAGE G5. It is a streached 450 350/360 blades, also I really like the Next D Rave, Both are high dollar kits though!!
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:43 pm

I hear good things about the HBK2. Maybe I should pick one up. CP or FP?

I ran another test on my Belt CP. I took off the main blades and hit the throttle (just a little). It still shakes and I can see that it is in the main shaft. I plan to replace both the main and feathering anyway, but I truly think it is the main.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!   Need Help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: