RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HAWAII

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 pm

Is anyone from Hawaii?

I flown a 3ch co-axial heli for a while and now waiting for my HBFP to arrive. I've been researching for the best single blade to learn on and I'm convinced the HBFP is da one. I was about to purchase the Walkera 4-3b and glad I didn't.

Just was wondering if anyone is from Hawaii and if there is a club I can join to enhance the flying experience. Surfing and golfing is fun but I think learning to fly a heli will be a great challange.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for supplying the info. My first mistake for wanting to purchase the Walker 4-3b cost me $0.00 . I know my mistakes on da HBFP will cost me some cash but at least I'm slightly ahead of the game.

Aloha
HIT(X)MAN808
Back to top Go down
flagmax

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:40 am

Welcome to the forum. I also started with coaxial then got the Honey Bee FP. Right now I got Belt CP v2.

I have learned so much on the FP. Even though I got a better heli now I still love to fly the FP. It so durable and cheap and easy to fix that I am never worried about crashing.

I know you will enjoy the HBFP.
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:03 am

Aloha :orange60:What island? I live on Oahu off and on. Graduated from Kailua HS '65. There was a flying field on Kapaa quary road out on the edge of the swamp. Don't know if they have any heli guys though orange78 navy1
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:02 pm

I would love to go to Hawaii someday. But as far as finding local flying clubs, 99% of them will make you join the AMA, insurance reasons, but through the AMA you should be able to find some local guys

http://www.modelaircraft.org/
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:07 pm

here are the RC clubs in Hawaii, these are just the ones listed on the AMA Wevsite

ALOHA R/C HELI CLUB
1326 ALA ALII ST
HONOLULU HI 96818
Phone: 808-484-1533

PARADISE FLYERS RC CLUB
95-845 PAIKAUHALE ST
MILILANI HI 96789
Phone: 808.286.1313

BIRDS OF PARADISE
2609 ALA WAI BLVD APT 805
HONOLULU HI 96815
Phone: 808-922-2984

PARADISE CONTROL LINE FLYERS
3602 KEAOLELE PL
HONOLULU HI 96816
Phone: 808/734-8303

ALOHA STATE RC CLUB
978 KAHILI ST
KAILUA HI 96734
Phone: 808/261-7046
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks for the info Nuttcaze, I'll look into it

I live on Kauai, just moved from Oahu 2 years ago. Maybe I can start a club on Kauai if there is none. I'll keep you guyz posted.

Aloha,
HIT(X)MAN808
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:31 pm

I believe you can search for pilots by area through the AMA too, but I'm not 100% sure on that, also on the Helifreak forum, there is a way to find people in your area who fly, check into that too
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: I got my HBFP   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Remember when you got your first Heli? I just got mines now! HBFP

The mailman must have been thinking I was stocking him this whole week..LOL. Finally when I saw that big box he was caring I knew it was the one. It felt like christmas morning seeing all the presents under the tree. Boy am I excited...and I'm in my 30's. I bet some of you have smiles on your faces cause you know what it feels like.

Anyways, I'm taking the advice of Nuttz and adjusting the few things he talked about. Then following the bible on flying and hopefully have enough time to spend with the wife and kid. LOL orange74

My friend bought a HBFP also but his mentality is to "grip it and rip it". I guess you can say it's a competition on who can get flying first. Any takers?

Gotta go...I will be back to ask questions....and give updates to whoevers cares. Thanks again everyone for the advice and having this great forum.

Aloha from da 50th State
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:09 pm

I know exactly what you're talking about. Good luck and have fun.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:26 pm

keep us posted on your progress, one thing you can do to help is go outside and just throw your heli into the air, preferrablly over grass but do it and tell yourself, I'm gonna do this about 100 more times before I'm good at flying, lol orange72

Don't be afraid to crash.

orange74
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:52 pm

Update:

Went home and charged my battery while waiting I did the following:
1. loosen flybar / main blades
2. checked all screws
3. balanced main blades
4. trim canopy
5. level servo arms? or was it swash plate (one of those lol....followed the video by Nuttz)

Question:
1. When I balanced the main blades, it seemed already balanced. Could this be right? or did I just get lucky?
2. I took noticed that the tail rod or boom (don't know the lingo yet) is able to twist. Is that correct? (I can grab the whole tail and turn it 45' either left or right)

If any newbie is reading this ORDER EXTRA BATTERIES it's a bummer waiting for it to charge while learning. LOL!!!!!

Gotta go mailman just delivered my thunder ac6 charger...just waiting for my batteries from dealextreme.

Aloha,
<'///<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HAWAII Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAWAII   HAWAII I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAWAII
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: