RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike M

What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4 Empty
PostSubject: What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4   What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:04 pm

I've had a Lama V4 for about 2 months and am pretty good now at flying it around my small room and backyard without creashing. Can come to landing in a fairly small area on a consistent basis and can hover in and out and fly tail out with less thought going into it before.

I'm not mechanically inclined (that I know of at least) but have made some upgrades and will replace my motors tonight. I still run into problems in terms of the trial and error associated with what to adjust first when trimming the heli. I work alot and usually fly in the basement or my back yard (kind of smaller) mostly. I live near a school, but have yet to fly there.

I've been leaning toward the new HBFP V2, but someone also suggested the HB King V3 (with locking gyro) and the upcoming CP 3 from E-Sky. I want to progress and have fun, but realistically won't get a much bigger (400 or bigger) anytime soon...if even at all.

I'd rather not re-learn to fly a CP after a FP, but I'm worried about having to make adjustments to a CP b/c I'm doing this myself without a hobby shop near or friends in the hobby. I'm sure I'd pick up some basics though.

I usually fly late at night for about 20 mins and once or twice on the weekend for the same time if that makes a difference. Have little kids, so can't put as much time into this as I'd like.....but I want to keep getting better and moving up the challenge curve.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Mike M on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4   What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:34 pm

I would recommend that you go with an Esky Honey Bee Fixed Pitch. It is a great trainer to help you learn to fly single rotor, and don't worry about having to learn to fly a CP because once you learn to fly the HBFP you will be able to fly any CP heli. So once you feel comfortable flying the HBFP, go ahead and move up to whatever size CP heli you want.

And as far as not having friends in the hobby to help you, you now have plenty of them right here on this forun, all happy to help you any way we can.

Good luck,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4   What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Get the HBFP, great trainer but can be modded like no tomorrow, lots of people keep them as their main heli, especially in your situation

but one thing you NEED to know is that Single rotor FP's fly just like CP's except they do not fly upside down so you won't have to re-learn anything to move up to a CP

this is a video of me testing the new HBFP V2, but it is still a stock FP 9but the V2 is heavier and uses an 11.1v LiPo)

Back to top Go down
Mike M

PostSubject: Re: What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4   What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
Get the HBFP, great trainer but can be modded like no tomorrow, lots of people keep them as their main heli, especially in your situation

but one thing you NEED to know is that Single rotor FP's fly just like CP's except they do not fly upside down so you won't have to re-learn anything to move up to a CP

this is a video of me testing the new HBFP V2, but it is still a stock FP 9but the V2 is heavier and uses an 11.1v LiPo)

Thanks, I saw your videos. I was about to buy a first version, then saw the news about the new one. You said before it was 2.4v, but in your test video on your site you had a 72 mhz controller. I really would like a 2.4 for a shorter antenna. Do we know if it's going to come both ways. Hope it comes out soon - haven't seen it on any sites except yours and the E-Sky site.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4   What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:29 pm

it will be available in both FM and 2.4ghz, I'm not sure when they will actually be released but hopefully soon, I want my own, but you can always get a V1 and buy the frame, boom, skids and main shaft and transfer your parts over and then you will have a V2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4   What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I am a better candidate to step up to from my Lama V4
Page 1 of 1