RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBFP V2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jstarks

jstarks

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 pm

I followed some advise from another forum on my first rc heli, and I ordered the 2.4ghz hbfp. Just ordered it yesterday and cant wait for it to come in. Today I was looking at myrcguides.com and saw a red hbfp v2. Is this in production and if so, where can I get it? orange1
Back to top Go down
R0B B

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:43 pm

Read this thread just yesterday.
https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/general-chat-new-members-start-here-f21/experts-advise-t875.htm
I do not believe it's available yet.
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:57 pm

OK orange4 I am new to this hobby and had a bunch of reservations about which heli to buy as my first one. Judging by all of the forums that I have seen, the hbfp is the best for me. Maybe by the time I get some practice in, the v2 will be available. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:26 pm

Don't feel bad, you made a good choice. The heli you bought is a great little heli, and probably the best trainer heli available. I have the FM version, but I'm sure you will be better off with the 2.4G version.

By the time you learn and get comfortable with this heli, you won't need the new HBFP. You'll be ready to move on to a CP heli like the Belt Cp or better yet the E-Smart 600.

Good luck and have fun,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Hey thanks a lot Donnie! You know there is a bunch of information to consider and chose from in this hobby, almost to the point of being overwhelming. Thanks to forums like this, I feel way better about getting into this hobby.
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Where did you find a HBFP 2.4g in stock at???? I ordered mine with spare parts and the parts came in with a note saying that it was out of stock, 4 weeks later I called and asked where the bee was and they told me it was on back order, so I changed over to the 72MHZ and got it the next week with a refund in price ($20.00). The yellow with lipo was the only one in stock. They did not know when it would be back in stock. When checking Esky's website it also shows it is out of stock, has been out of stock for about 5-6 weeks now. I'm wondering if they are still making the v1 or just replacing it with the V2 (I realy, realy, realy want one)....

Well I followed nuttcaze's instuctions on his web site and finally got mine up in the air, I bet I have the shortest hover's/fly's in history because my batterys lasted about 90 minutes each, the rest of the time I was putting back together again and flying, wow 3 seconds at a time is a long time when you are new at this lol....but I can say it took some hard hits even found the driveway once and didn't break anything wooot, Waiting on batterys to recharge and go do it again................. orange71

Best of flying David
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:40 pm

I found it at a site store on e-bay. It was a lot higher in price than everywhere else but the had it. You can either go to e-bay or go to their independent website at http://ex-treme-rc.com/. I think they are in Tennesee.

I also got the super skid and titanium tailboom set-up with it. Dont know if it will help me fly but shouldnt break as easy.

I warn you some of their stuff is twice as high as other sites.

Let me know if you find it. I dont know how to attach a link but that is the site. orange74
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Cool, a new place to shop, Fatdaddy was looking to buy a 2.4g hbfp, hope he reads this if he still needs one.

And yes I was able to go to the web site with no problems from your post, it was about $20.00 more than XHeli.com, (but there out) they have about the best prices on stock replacement parts that I've seen so far but no real upgrades that I can find for the HBFP. Nuttcaze uses a place down in Flordia called KA Planes or something like that, its on his website, they seem to have a lot of upgrades at a realy good price....

Just trying to keep it in the air for more than 5 seconds at a time....David
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 am

Well I got my HBFP from extreme rc on Saturday and all I can say is WOW!!!!!

After watching damn near all of nuttcaze's videos on the hbfp, I thought it would be easy to fly. Instead I understand that it is easy, when you know how! I have had several two and three second hops that I dont think can be called flying, but they are enough for me to know that I LOVE rc helis. I cant wait to get off work and try again!

One question: where the tail boom attaches to the main frame, is there supposed to be a set screw or should this be glued? I can, fairly easily, turn the tail boom and I dont think its supposed to do this????? orange78
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:10 am

It is glued. And you shouldn't suppose to turn it. But if in flight it doesn't move you can leave not super glued orange6
P.S.You can also buy 2.4ghz honey bee here: http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_79&products_id=2341
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2   HBFP V2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBFP V2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: