RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Trim Tabs or 4in1?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jstarks

jstarks

Trim Tabs or 4in1? Empty
PostSubject: Trim Tabs or 4in1?   Trim Tabs or 4in1? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:47 am

I have had a couple of successful hops with my HBFP so far but one thing I noticed is that the heli is continuously turning to the right or clockwise. It isn't turning fast but it's enough that after a couple of seconds the heli is sideways and when I go to correct it naturally I move the throttle and it comes down. I tried moving the trim tab on the tx to counteract this and had some sucess.

Is this what the trim tabs are supposed to be used for or is there an adjustment that I need to make on the 4in1? orange78
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Trim Tabs or 4in1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trim Tabs or 4in1?   Trim Tabs or 4in1? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Try adjusting it out with the rudder trim tab. If that doesn't work or if it takes too much trim, land the heli and put the trim tab back to center.

Unplug battery and if heli is yawing right or clockwise when looking down on it, turn the proportion pot on the 4 in 1 counter clockwise, just a tiny bit.

Plug heli back in and test hover.

Keep doing this until you are satisfied, but remember to unplug heli each time.

This will need to be done every now and then when you can't trim the rudder with less than say 3 or 4 clicks on the trim tab.

Hope this helps,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Trim Tabs or 4in1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trim Tabs or 4in1?   Trim Tabs or 4in1? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Hey Donnie,

Thanks for the help!

Don't know if you read my other post "Priceless" but I am waiting on a ring like push rod, due to a colision with my flatscreen TV.

I had the ruder trim tab about 2/3 the way to the left of center and it helped but I crashed before I could get it right.

Are the trim tabs supposed to be used for small adjustments like this? Amazingly enough the only thing I have read or heard about trim tabs, is to make sure they are in the center when you start.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Trim Tabs or 4in1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trim Tabs or 4in1?   Trim Tabs or 4in1? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Use the rudder trim tab for small adjustments only. Use the proportion adjustment I described for anything else.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Trim Tabs or 4in1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trim Tabs or 4in1?   Trim Tabs or 4in1? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Gotcha! Thanks, as a newbie, I need all the help I can get. orange74
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Trim Tabs or 4in1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trim Tabs or 4in1?   Trim Tabs or 4in1? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Ok..HELP...My HBFP turns to the left at about half stick and gets worse the more power I add. I have turned the proportion pot all the way to the right and nothing happens. I am powering off the heli before each adjustment. I also have the rudder trim all the way to the right. Do I have a bad motor or bad 4-in1?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Trim Tabs or 4in1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trim Tabs or 4in1?   Trim Tabs or 4in1? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:10 am

I would try a new tail motor, its cheaper then the 4in1 and even if its not the prob it never hurts to have a spare tail motor
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Trim Tabs or 4in1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trim Tabs or 4in1?   Trim Tabs or 4in1? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:39 am

It was the tail motor. I was able to get my hands on one last night (E-Flite and Esky share a lot of the same parts) and I swapped it out. Works like it should!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Trim Tabs or 4in1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trim Tabs or 4in1?   Trim Tabs or 4in1? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:33 am

sweet flyaway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trim Tabs or 4in1? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trim Tabs or 4in1?   Trim Tabs or 4in1? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trim Tabs or 4in1?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: