RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBFP Tail motor problem...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tonybooger

tonybooger

HBFP Tail motor problem... Empty
PostSubject: HBFP Tail motor problem...   HBFP Tail motor problem... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:24 am

Hey guys, i am currently experiencing a problem with my stock tail motor,

It revs really highly(maybe full) even with the slightest amount of throttle, which send the heli into a spin, even before the main rotor motor even starts, and while trying to get it in the air, throws itself to the left and right, completely uncontrolabe, so uncontrollable that I cant even workout if I need to adjust anything!

It went from flying fine, to this with in a battery change.

Any Ideas???

I have never had to replace the tail motor, so am unsure at what it does when its done its dash, I figured it would just stop working?????

Please help!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Tail motor problem...   HBFP Tail motor problem... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:23 am

Sounds like it could be the tail motor. It won't quit working all of a sudden, just start misbehaving sort of the way you described. Before you change it though, look at the mesh between the tail motor pinion and the gear and be sure the gear isn't slipping off to the side of the pinion. I made a post about this a while back, but I can't find it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Tail motor problem...   HBFP Tail motor problem... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:36 pm

sounds like the tail motor to me orange78
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Tail motor problem...   HBFP Tail motor problem... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Cool, thanks, I will look into it!

As a matter of fact, it was soon after I smashed the tail into the wall, and then a battery change.

So I hope i havnt wrecked the esc in my 4 in 1 for the tail!

Il see what happens, I will grab my mates 4 in 1 to test the motor, I will check the mesh before doing that though.
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Tail motor problem...   HBFP Tail motor problem... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:39 am

Bummer, looks like the 4 in 1 has packed it in.

I tryed me mates receiver on my heli, and worked fine, I must have wrecked the esc for the tail motor, un-fixable!!!

New receiver time, or a good excuse to get the FP V2!!!

THe FPV2 looks to use the sam 4 in 1 as my 2.4 honeybee, and the sell it with the 11.1v lipo.... interesting, as Ive always been to scared to try a 11.1v.

Il probably get a new receiver aswell, as I cant bare to see my un-usable heli! May as well keep this one in the air, and have the V2 to!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Tail motor problem...   HBFP Tail motor problem... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:44 am

You can open 4in1 and look for burned fets. If you see something burned out replace it (if you have any soldering skills of course) It is easy to solder orange73 And you can find needed parts in radio shack shop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Tail motor problem...   HBFP Tail motor problem... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBFP Tail motor problem...
Page 1 of 1