RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Servos and 90-degree settings...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jackyl71

jackyl71

Servos and 90-degree settings... Empty
PostSubject: Servos and 90-degree settings...   Servos and 90-degree settings... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:06 pm

Should all the servos, when directly connected to the receiver (i.e. tail rudder), read 90-degrees when the Tx is in Idle-up, cyclic is centered, throttle is centered, and all trims set to center (except for the throttle)?
If not, what can be done (other than moving the trim sliders)?
I don't actaully have this problem, that I know of, but am just wondering...
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Servos and 90-degree settings...   Servos and 90-degree settings... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:12 am

Eee tail ruder is not directly connected to the rx. It is connected to gyro and gyro is connected to rx. Now about 90 degrees. When you have everything centered (in idle up) servo horns should be at 90 degrees. If it is not, just unscrew servo horn and put it at 90 degrees. After that adjust linkages that swashplate would be level Wink
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Servos and 90-degree settings...   Servos and 90-degree settings... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks...
I thought I had read somewhere about setting up the tail rotor servo with it bypassing the HH Gyro so there is no eratic movements.

I think I am going to start from the ground up re-zeroing everything and verifying positions. Something still just isn't quite right...
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: 90 degrees   Servos and 90-degree settings... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:15 pm

jackyl71 wrote:
Thanks...
I thought I had read somewhere about setting up the tail rotor servo with it bypassing the HH Gyro so there is no eratic movements.

I think I am going to start from the ground up re-zeroing everything and verifying positions. Something still just isn't quite right...

You are right that all of the collective servo arms should be at 90, it makes sense when you think about it. As the servos turn the arms are not going to have a linear effect on travel so you want all of the servos arms to travel the same so as not to introduce unequal travel between them. The arms will cause the most travel around the 90 degree position and as they move away from 90 each degree of movement on the arm will have less travel on the effective linkage.

This has probably been as clear as mud! I have also read about setting up the tail first by bypassing the gyro to get close to 0 pitch on the tail blades.

I have been setting the initial pitch on the tail in rate mode for little rotation of the heli in a hover and then switching to HH mode to do the final fine tuning of the tail pitch for a solid hover. (Your mileage may vary) The ultimate goal being flying in HH with no rudder input and no, or as little as possible, rotation of the heli. The rate mode adjustment is done with the tail servo at 90 degrees by sliding the servo on the boom to get the required pitch on the blades for the solid hover. In rate mode with no input to the rudder from the transmitter the tail servo should always return to 90. In HH mode with no input to the rudder the servo will not return to 90 because the gyro is still waiting for the heli to complete the rotation you requested by moving the tail servo. You have to be able to fly the heli in a solid hover in HH mode, and then slide the servo on the boom to get a non rotating hover. I hope this helps your understanding. It gets pretty deep pretty fast with the stuff you have to understand to get the heli acting the way you want (expect). Sometimes I'm sucessful and sometimes I just end up scratching my head. I have one heli in timeout right now until I figure out what to try next to solve a tail problem.

Don't feel alone and you have found the perfect place to ask your questions. I hope the above helps your understanding and I haven't just muddied the waters further. Keep asking questions and we will do our best to help.

:giggle:
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Servos and 90-degree settings...   Servos and 90-degree settings... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:04 pm

cgetman02 wrote:

I have been setting the initial pitch on the tail in rate mode for little rotation of the heli in a hover and then switching to HH mode to do the final fine tuning of the tail pitch for a solid hover.
:giggle:

When you are in rate mode to set the tail, what are your #'s? Meaning do you set your gain all
the way to zero?

Just wondering because I can never set up my gyro that way. I do put my gain to zero and center
my rudder servo using sub trims....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Servos and 90-degree settings...   Servos and 90-degree settings... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Servos and 90-degree settings...
Page 1 of 1