RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

E-Smart with some new stuff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

E-Smart with some new stuff Empty
PostSubject: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:51 pm

My E-Smart with new vertical stabilizer, TRex skids. CF blades and canopy.

E-Smart with some new stuff MVC-007S
E-Smart with some new stuff MVC-011S
E-Smart with some new stuff MVC-010S
E-Smart with some new stuff MVC-009S
E-Smart with some new stuff MVC-008S

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 pm

smiley-signs154 smiley-signs154
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Finally   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Well well DD I see you finally got them skids!!!! They work sweet huh??? Lookin for the wind to calm a bit so I can take it out again today!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:17 pm

Yeah, I like them a lot. Actually, I've had them for a little while allready. I just installed the blades, canopy and vert stabilizer yesterday. The vert stabilizer is the one that comes with the plastic edition, but it's a bit stronger.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Nice esmart you got there orange71
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Thanks P3. Just got through flying it a few minutes ago. I love that helicopter. Can't wait to hear your reaction to yours. You're gonna love yours too.

If I had the space that Fatdaddy has right out my back door, I probably wouldn't have anything smaller than a 500.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: 500   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Man, Thats what I just got done flying!!! The 500 is soooo smooth and fast and agile man I love it!! It really flys nice!!! I wish I had the parts to build up the HDX just to see if that flys as nice and strong! But I'll get to that soon... First I'm gonna get the all metal "E" ready to fly.. I should have the coupling for the "G" in a day or so!!! I'm very anxious to start flying that lots!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:26 pm

FD,

Did you ever get your swash mix set like you wanted. If not, my suggestion is to just keep adjusting down or up about 5% at the time on both the elev and aile until you get the feel you want on the cyclic. I don't have any expo on mine.

Ive got my swash mix set pretty low (don't exactly what it is, radio and helis are out in my truck to go flying in AM). As I get more and more comfortable with my skills, I'll just bump it up as I feel the need. Right now it's pretty docile.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ADJ.   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:51 am

Yea DD I'm workin that now.. I'm down 10% to start and will go from there. Lots of wind so I'm waiting to see.. I mean LOTS of wind.. Feel like Hatteras here!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Yeah, it's very windy here today as well. Got up early and went out to my church to beat the wind, but was allready picking up. Flew Belt CP one time and E-Smart twice before it got to bad. Pretty sure it is from the Hurricane. I expect it will be very windy here right thru the weekend.
Bet the surfers are happy though.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: BILL   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Yea its BILL coming thru!! I expect wind here too!!! Hope to have the start couple today or tomorrow for the "G"!! Lookin forward to gettin some time in with it!!! I'm using a TelBee on it and never set one up so that should be interesting!!
Back to top Go down
coptercrazy

coptercrazy

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:03 am

Hi Guys , It's been a while, had a poor spell with my back that put me out of commission for a couple of months. I'm back now and with a new all metal ES600 woot man, what a big beautiful intimidating awesome piece of machinery! I look at it and just grin :grinn: I'll tell you all about it some other time orange71
So far I've had it in the air three times. The first time I got scared and set it down tail first and snapped the horizontal stabilizer off me with no parts and didn't want to wait. So I made one and this is the resultE-Smart with some new stuff 100_0281
This works so well I'm going to leave it on until I get a little more confidents with the bird orange74
Man' It's great to back!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Good   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Good to see your back and with a "E"!!!! I also love mine!!1 Just wait till you fly that monster around!!!! You will grin so hard its gonna hurt!!!!
Sorry to hear bout your back, mine makes me crazy!!!! Makes me just want to choke the censored out of someone for the smallest of reasons!!!! Its just all the time!!!!
Back to top Go down
coptercrazy

coptercrazy

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:22 am

Hi FD, I just started flying my Belt around twice now with no damage. You guys being push along at the fun fly made me start taking some chances and move ahead with my flying, man what a rush, I love it! So thanks I needed that. :bigthumb:
As far as flying the monster well I shake like a dog shitin razor blades orange54 That's just going to take a little time to relax and calm down. Mine is setup a bit like yours as I'm using the Spektrum DS821 servos, it's twitchy. Bought a DX6i to fly with and I have the expo at +15 and the swash mix at 65 but I think it's me shaking more than anything orange69
Changed servos three times during the build. started out with the cheap ones, Futaba 3003, I ordered them from Heliguy and two out of four came broken e-mailed them and they wanted pics so I sent them . While this was going on I noticed I had two Futaba 3010 servos from my monster trucks so all I needed was one more, already had a digital tail servo so while I was waiting for Heliguy I ordered one more 3010 and installed them.Now this is where it takes a weird turn, about a week later I get a package from Heliguy with two DS821 servos in it. Anyway I ordered one more and ended up with some way cool servos for cheap :bigthumb: didn't mean to ramble but I'm just so dam worked up about this heli! Later man Phil
Back to top Go down
coptercrazy

coptercrazy

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:38 am

Thanks a ton for the awesome banner with the ES600 , it's even got my training wheels on it. :clap: Thanks again nuttcaze you sure know how to make a guy feel part of it all! orange71
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:26 pm

no prob, just trying to make things a bit more fun, if you ever want it changed or want me to use a pic of your actual heli just ask :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Settings   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Hey CC my friend, I'm glad we were some insperation to get flying.. That weekend was what I needed also to get past the last crash I had with the "E"!! From it I got a case of "no balls" and after then I just went out and flew!!!! And that worked pretty great I'd say..
The thing I learned bout expo is that it might calm things down aroung center stick, but everything still needs to catch up at some point so I think you actually get a rush of movement outside of the "expozone" as the Tx trys to catch up to the curves... Does that make any sence??? Sop what I've done upon suggestion, is to lower my swash mix!!!! That really tames the heli down.I now have like 5 expo but have lowered the swash.. Try going down like 5 at a time.. You should not need to go down more than 10 total. You will really notice a tamed bird, plus the thing is it is tamed down all the way across not just at center..Leave the PITT. alone but adj. the ELE. and Ail. I have mine at 50 for both and my Pitt at 85. then as you become comfortable you can adj. back up!!
Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
coptercrazy

coptercrazy

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Hey FD, that's just what's been going on. When I first lift off I get outside the expo range and it gets very twitchy until I force myself to make very small moves then it flys nice.
I've been following your's and Donnie D's conversations about expo and swash mix and it makes a lot of sense. I realize I can't touch the pitch because that's how I got my 10 degrees positive pitch in idle-up high stick. To bring that number down would only take away pitch.
For you FD to give me numbers on your ele and ail puts the last pieces of the puzzle together. I'm still 15 above where your at witch gives me plenty to play with. Great information FD and I definitely will put it to use. Thanks again you ARE the man. Later
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: AHHHH Shucks!!!   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Your welcome!! I really am just passing this info along.. True thanks go to Mr. Suriano who informed my about this swash and expo stuff!! I also am especally pleased to help someone from the Moosehead reagion!!!! I've spent many summers there in my youth and have had the chance to return with MY family!!!! Last trip we stayed at The Birches in Rockwood.. It is Rockwood right.. It slips mind for sure just now.. Just up the road from Squaw Mt. ski Resort.. Anyway your side of the lake is my fav. anyway.. Fond memories of going to the Greenville dump to see the bears!!! Trout at Second West Branch!!!! What a place you live!!!!
Anyway cut back on the expo to like 5 and adj. the swash from there.. you should be good to go!!!
I hope it all helps!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart with some new stuff   E-Smart with some new stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E-Smart with some new stuff
Page 1 of 1