RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles

Go down 
+2
suriano
Nuttcaze
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles Empty
PostSubject: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:16 pm

E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles 1034

The Flybar on the E-Smart is 3mm in dia and about 396mm in length

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replacement Alternatives

Other helis that use a 3mm flybar, I have not personally used these flybars but they should work, if you have used them please confirm which ones you used

Align T-Rex 600 - 400mm and 440mm flybars available, get the 400mm one.
Thunder Tiger Raptor 30 - 384mm
Hurrican 550 - 340mm (quite a bit smaller then stock but still a 3mm dia flybar)
Hawk Pro from Century - 381mm Tower Hobbies - $4.50

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:21 pm

I am currently using the 400mm align trex 600e flybar. It isnt much bigger
than the stock and is a plug and play. No mods required. Only thing is the flat
spots for the set screws are not there. I am running it just the way it comes.
I suppose you could put flat spots in it, but after I tightened the set screws, I
couldnt twist it even with pliers.

Stock on the left and 400mm align on the right..

E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles Helipictures022-1

Also think about the trex 600E paddles. Fit and fly great way better than stock paddles.
They also come with a set screw on the paddle.

This is the trex 600E paddle I use next to the stock one...

E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles Helipictures021

This pic is with the paddles and the 400mm flybar...

E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles Helipictures056
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DAMPERS   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Received the 3D dampers today... Anyone flying hard is gonna waht to get a pair of these... Now I can't fly 3D yet but I clearly can tell these are the ones to have..Part# EK5-0386B(RED) they are hard as a rock!!!!
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Ron told me they were unobtainium after I ordered two sets of the red dampers. He said that I could have one set, though. I hope it will show up soon!

I think the super soft stock black dampers create interactions and unwanted behavior. At least they seem to make my heli behave oddly, sometimes.

So, since noone has these dampers any more, we need to figure out a replacement for these!!!
Kent
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:35 am

I ordered the Red ones before, but BPHobbies sent me the B;ack Dampers and someone convienetly wrote new stock numbers to try and magically change them from Black to Red, F#$%ing losers, well at least they don't plan on dealing with ESky much more so they'll fade out from the pic soon orange5
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WHAT???   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:50 am

Well Sadly I ordered some from them and am waiting for them now!!!! So I guess I'll be gettin screwed too!!!!! But they did have the tail booms I hope!!!
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:08 pm

They do have the CF booms!! I was really excited when those showed up.

I too ordered the dampers from them and they were exactly the same as the stock black mushy ones...
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ?????   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:41 pm

I guess I'm gonna see!!!! I'll drive up to see them if trhere is a problem!!!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Same thing with me....I got the same black ones from BP when I ordered the red.
I have been wondering about this subject. Anyone wonder why we cant put a bearing
in there instead, making it solid? Do we really need these rubber dampers? I mean
with super light and stiff CF blades, why do we need all that flexing?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Dampers   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:34 pm

I think there needs to be something in there to "dampen" and think there will be major problems with a solid shaft!!! Is there anyother heli with a solid set up???? I think you will start to break blades!! It will start at the root as a crack that you might see and save your heli.....but if you don't, I think that will cause a blade to be thrown at some point!!
Now to stiffen them up I think would be pretty simple!! Or to find stiffer ones would be the best bet...
What else uses a 6mm F. shaft???
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: dampers   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Just a thought... use the dampers from a plastic head!!!! By putting a 6mm shaft where a 5mm shaft goes weould cerently tighten them up when assembled..
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:47 pm

the black dampers are the same no matter what kit it is, its actually why you should use an extra washer when using the 5mm feathering shaft, without it the bushings will wear prematurely, been there done that orange83
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: !!   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:53 pm

You may be right, I assumed that it would be for a 5mm shaft.. I'll have to check the "G" head.. I've put a metal one on it so the plastic head is off so I can check easy..
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Whoopee!
My orange dampers showed up from Ron! Man, they are REALLY hard, compared to the mushees. These are harder than some K&B's I got for my 500, even...Wow...

I will try to make time to swap these out this afternoon.

Oh, and the CF booms from BP are nice. They are the same length as the longer aluminum one.
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Stuff   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Yup Got my BP stuff today!!! Booms are good dampers are bad... I'm gonna call and give them some censored about it..They are sending the wrong parts!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:44 pm

akent wrote:
Whoopee!
My orange dampers showed up from Ron!

Give us a review on these dampers after you fly. I think they are needed. Def. with these CF wide chords...
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
Yup Got my BP stuff today!!! Booms are good dampers are bad... I'm gonna call and give them some censored about it..They are sending the wrong parts!!!

They've been doing that for the last year with their ES600 parts, F%$^ing losers they are
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:21 pm

Well, I just installed the orange dampers with the 3d pro CF blades from Helidirect.
I don't like em right now.

They seem to amplify everything, as in vibrations, movements, all of it. They do get rid of most of the head oscillations when you do sudden cyclic movements. They would be good for 3d. My heli just has too many other things going on.
These 3d pro blades are really really bad for balance (my first set were pretty good). So it could be that they blades are just so far out of whack they don't work well.

I ended up putting the mushy ones back in with an extra washer on each side to help smash them a little bit more. This seemed to help.

I'll try the orange dampers again when I get some better blades.

Best,
Kent
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:00 pm

I forgot to mention that the wrong dampers I got from BP were in original Esky packaging. I don't think anyone could have repackaged them.
I believe they were wrong from Esky and not something that BP did.

E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles DSC02545
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: YUP   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Yup mine are in the ORG. pack too!!! I talked to BP today and they said that they can't even get a responce from ESKY about it and thats all they get!!
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:54 pm

Edited...

Last edited by akent on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:45 pm

Edited...

Last edited by akent on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Beer was talkin...)
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:58 am

heres the Dampers I got from BPHobbies, I ordered the Red ones and yet this is what they sent me, but it doesn't surprise me that ESky won't answer BP, not after I showed them the e-mail I got from BP where they were just trashing ESky, of course there are prob other reasons BP can't get ahold of ESky but who knows.

E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles SDC19642Large
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: good CF blades ...   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:04 pm

I keep checking back at Xheli for their 550 mm CF blades, but their whole line is sold out. Shocker.

Can I get some advice on what CF blades I should get?

Cheap is nice, but I'd also like to know about the best, so I can balance it out. If it's worth it, I'll step up and buy the best, at least once.

Also, Nuttsy, did you have to cut your screws after installing the Delrin Main Gear? Mine are sticking out of the gear about a a quarter inch.

Mick
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: BLADES   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Hey Mick, I really like the MAVRIKK Blades from HeliProz!! You have a good choice also... I guess their "BEST" is the G5 PRO Wide Chord!! These are pretty stiff and they pop!!!! They also have the G5 in std. chord..Then you have the G4 Pro..and the Patriot series which is what I have on my "E" now.. I really like them a lot..Not too stiff but plenty stiff, and they look bad!! All are pretty good price.. These are my pick's
Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Heli Fats!   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Thanks for your advice, Fattz!

I got the Mavrikk G4 blades for 49.99, which are the same price as the ones for which I've been waiting from XHeli for a month or more, and they are much better looking.

They have the 12/4 designation, which I've seen all over. I don't know if that means it is really a STANDARD of some kind, such as thickness of the blade at the grip, and diameter of the hole, or if it is a special designation of some kind. But I hope they will fit the Smarty. Maybe it just refers to the composition of the Carbon Fiber. Who knows?

Here's a pic:

E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles MavStdcfG41

Note that the Patriot designation only denotes color -- a light blue instead of white. Think I'll stick with the white for now!

Word to the wise, and the wise newb: I ordered the Trex tail fin set. Don't do that. The top piece doesn't have the rounded seat to snugly wrap the boom, and the tail drag doesn't have the right holes, and blocks the control arm for the tail. So I'll need to toss aside the top piece, drill a new hole in the CF dragger, and cut a whole section off to get it to fit. I should've just paid $12 for the Smarty CF piece, instead of $20 for the TRex stuff, which at best needs to be modified, and at worst is a bad choice.

TRex skids and pipes, however, worked out great! I got Orange skids, and blue pipes. Looks great against the decal set that comes with the Smarty. You don't even need to drill new holes if you move the skids a quarter inch back to the slots on the undercarriage.

So now I have this on my bookcase/workbench:

1. One full metal E-Smart
2. Delrin Main Gear
E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles MH-E6102MG_a1
3. One Trex Tail fin
4. TWO TURNIGY 4.0 4000 mAh 20C-30C Lipos hooked up with a series harness (thanks, Suriano!)
E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles T4000-3-20
5. Three high speed digital metal servos, .08
6. Logictech 6100T Gyro with accompanying Tail Servo.
7. DX6i Tx, with AR-6200 Rx
8. HobbyWing ESC, 80 amp, with a separate BEC.

Not bad, for a NEWB on his first build, 'ey? Now, let's all take a moment of silence, and pray that she doesn't land upside down on her maiden flight! Nor any flight soon after, for that matter, since we are invoking the almighty!

I guess Suriano has me beat on the ESC. But other than that, I'm looking good, knock on wood.

Mick
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: blades   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Nah the Patriot blades are red and white with stars and stuff.. Thats what I have on mine now...
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:20 pm

That's definitely a first class build, White!!
NICE!

$50 sounds like a great price for CF blades if they are nice. I won't be buying any more of the ones that say 3D on them. They are too inconsistent.
The FRP 550's I bought from Helidirect for $18 are Perfect, though. CG right on. Needed zero tape. Tracked perfectly. But they are fiberglass, so won't handle really high headspeeds and hot 3d like a CF. I'll be buying more of these for sport flying.

Kent
Back to top Go down
Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn

PostSubject: G-smart   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:48 am

Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:51 am

Crash & Burn wrote:
I think these parts will work. :bigthumb:

http://www.pegasushelisusa.com/store/c/2-G-Smart-Replacement-Parts.html

He doesnt have a lot of stuff in stock like it says on the website.....

I vote for G5 wide chord or Pro......price is right for the quality...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles   E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E-Smart Spare Parts - Flybars/Paddles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next