RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
burton8012

Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) Empty
PostSubject: Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover)   Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:40 pm

i just setup up my bent cp v2 and i think i forgot to put the pitch knob on the Tx in the middle and end up setting up the 0 degree at mid stick while my gain knob was up almost all the way now ive notice that when im hovering like 2 and half feet high then slowly give a tiny itdy bit of throttle when i get 2 and half feet the heli goes flyimg staright up like as if the 3d switch was hit if your pitch is not set to high this is whjat happens right???? i want to make sure before i take it apart and fix it and then find out its not the reason why it flying straight up
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: pitch   Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Yes this could happen, I would check to see!! Use your pitch gauge and check to see how much it is off!!! Center everything Idle up midstick center knob. Check pitch!! Move know up and back to see what you got,,!!
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover)   Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:28 pm

ok i got -4 at mid stick so maybe thats why its jumping?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Maybe   Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:39 pm

That maybe it. You now have a verey short steep curve..!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover)   Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Center everything (trims, pitch knob, sticks) and adjust it on idle up. At mid stick it should be 0 degrees :grinn:
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover)   Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:48 pm

its purring like a kitten now.... never had to so smooth and QUIT i use to hear the blades cutting through the wind now its so smooth a barley any noise only took 2 days of tinkering around and experamenting with trail and error to get it right but i did learn alot its such a great feeling when u set it up right and runs PERFECT knowing that i did that!
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover)   Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:41 pm

ok this didn't last long fly it for a few batteryS went out came back tried to fly it but i guess i moved the pitch knob a tiny bit and it messed everythiing up i t runs perfect if i find just the right spot with the knob on the Rx i pretty much know the belt cp v2 in and out buy woRking on it so much ive sent it up so many times no problemes and when i fly since i had it new i always messed with the pittch knoB depending on how much throttle i would use before it would lift off but now when i move aropund then knob its all wackY hopPing straight up into the air WHAT AM I MISSING I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE BLADE PITCH SETUP ) 0 AT MID STICK MAYBE 1 DEGEE OFF THE MOST BUT IN THE PAST THATS NEVER MADE IT DO THIS help
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover)   Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:21 am

If you can post a vid, unplug the motor and make a vid of the rotor head from the side with you slowly moving the collective (throttle) up and down.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover)   Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:00 am

i don't know what the hell is going on now i have going perfect again but this time i put a washers up against two side of the head pressing up against the head o-ring cause i notice that there was a little play were the feathering shaft would kinda would move up and down if i giggled it not that big of a deal but i did it anyway and instead of use that dam pitch gauge cause those things are not accurate so what i did was put the stick at half turned on the 3d switch and put the pitch know half way took the main blades OFF put the screw and bolt on the blade grips with out the blades of cause and used my eye and adjusted the linkage untill i got the bolt that holds the blades perfectly vertacal once i did this put the main blade back on then took the pitch gauge and check and BAM 0 degress give or take a half a degree took it out side just now working perfect just go to balance the CG the heli and it would be right on point

Last edited by burton8012 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell checking)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover)   Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pitch settings??Heli flying straight up while just getting to a hover)
Page 1 of 1