RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
df0132

df0132

E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings Empty
PostSubject: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Everyone
As I am a newbied to the E-Smart I would like to get some feedback on pitch and throttle curve settings for a 5point TX. I only fly in normal flight, and this seems to be a very stable helicopter (compared to my belt CP) so could anyone recomend good 5point pitch and throttle curve settings?

cheers
Dazza
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:42 pm

Sorry I never fly in normal mode.

Could try this throttle curve....0,12.5,70,92,95

could try this pitch curve......30,40.4,50,75,100

Should be good for hover and light flyn around

But see if someone else has better curves.

The best thing to do with the esmart is lower your swash mix.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:42 pm

This is what works for me:

Throttle 0-25-50-75-100

Pitch 48-49-50-75-100

I have my throttle curve on my Belt CP at 0-30-65-85-100 and I am going to set it back to the 0-25-50-75-100 because the large diffrance between pos 2 and 3 make the heli want to drop hard when landing.

I agree with Suriano though, to tone the heli down a bit, adjust you swash mix for ail and elev down to a smaller number gradually till you get the feel you like.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:44 pm

my curves are the same as Donnies, the only thing I do different is I use slow servos to make my heli more stable and tame and as a result I feel I have one of the most stable ES600's out there orange71 sooo predictable to fly and that makes it even more fun orange68
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Yep, I pretty much have my E-Smart set on "slug". Gettin ready to set my Belt CP the same way.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:14 pm

"Slug" setting is awesome, it gives you time to think about what needs to be done to prevent an accident headbeat
Back to top Go down
df0132

df0132

PostSubject: ES600 pitch and throttle curves   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi
Hey thanks for the replies!...some great info there! Hey Donnie you mentioned the Belt CP and how it tends to fall on landings...trouble is, my esky TX is a Spektrum DX6 and this has only 3 points for pitch and throttle.
So should I follow the same kinda setup for this? There is no one else in my area with choppers, so I am learning to fly off the information I get online...bugger!

cheers
Dazza
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Im not sure, not familar with that Tx, but I would set it so there aren't any sharp changes from one stick position to the other.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
df0132

df0132

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Hey I just mapped out those curves on paper...I was reading that the chopper needs good head speed before pitch is brought in to maintain stability. I am only learning, so wont these settings have my chopper jumping off the ground before it gets wound up?

cheers
Dazza
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:40 pm

With these settings, if your heli is set up correctly, you should lift off at just before half stick.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
df0132

df0132

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Cool!...I think it is..ha! Cant wait for the sun to come up to give it a go!

Thanks for your help!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:45 pm

Just take it slow and easy, just hop around a little bit at first till you get a feel for the heli and the settings. No rush.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings   E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E-Smart (ES600) Pitch and Throttle curve settings
Page 1 of 1