RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
burton8012

exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) Empty
PostSubject: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:06 am

hi i'm haveing they biggiest problem trying to get my swashplate to move in the right direction been up all night trying to get it right....
here is a video of my problem i can fix the problem u seen in the video of how the heli goes backward when i imput foward stick and visvera i can make the swash go forward and backwards like it supposed to buy reverseing the servos but buy reverseing now the heli goes left when i imput right stick and vis versa this should be so easy to do im going crazy what am i doimg wrong heres the video

Last edited by burton8012 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 3:17 pm

You need to reverse the elevator and pitch swash mixes.
I have no idea how to do that with that radio.
Kent
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:41 pm

ok i think your right i found a video by finless bob that was talking about that i was up all night messing around with reverseing servos for hours like i was trying to find a dam lock combanation lol
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: throttle pitch wrong way!   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:16 pm

ok everything works fine now but the only thing that not working right is when i move the thottle up the pitch is going the wrong way how do i get the pitch to go up when i start to give it throttle? without messing my other settings??
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Cool that you figured that out!!

It sounds like you can adjust the swash settings. Great!

For the pitch, to keep it exactly the same, just change the polarity of the pitch swash mix.
For example, if it is set to +60%, then change it to -60%. This will reverse the direction of all the servos for the pitch when you push the throttle forward.
This should not affect the elevator or aileron swash settings.
Kent
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:40 pm

thanks so much it work now when i hot the 3d switch it goes down is that right???

swear im having problem after problem now i can;t seem to get the tail servo set up right either theres to much throw in the arm that it bends the rod and i can't get a nice straight line to the servo with the tail rod and i didn't get to the blade pitch yet but from a quick glace with the pitch gage there like 5 degees up and it look like the links that u adjust to change the pitch are not short enough they seem to long to make my pitch 0 at half stick is this possable the rods are to long i think im doing something wrong
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:00 pm

also then i have the sero plug into the gyro you hear in humming ang making a little noise and it gets real got after awhile like how a esc gets hot almost basily if you hold it and they longer u hold it it gets hot to were maybe might burn a tiny bit\\i see on other fourms people talk about hot tail servo and talkuing about how many volts are going into the servo whats that all about and can i adjust the volts so it runs cooler?
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Sounds like servo is binding   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Sounds like the servo is binding if it is traveling all the way one direction buzzing and getting hot. You don't want to do much of that as you will burn something up. I'm not sure how to advise you as I am using a DX6i transmitter which has a different way to setup the servo travels. Your best bet is to post a message that gives the model of the transmitter you are using and then someone with the same type of transmitter may be able to help you.

Don't dispare, we will get it figured out.

:bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:15 pm

i think i know what u mean like say i go right rudder and it tail slider goes as far as it can but the servo want to move more but ran out of tail slider room so now the servo will hum and buzz right?? if i got that right i took car of that but it just hums and buzz while it stands still check out my videos i made
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Move the tail control rod support   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:27 pm

I would suggest moving the tail control rod support further away from the tail servo, allowing the the rod to bend more gradually. You are going to get some bend in the rod due to the rotation of the servo arm. I have two tail rod supports on my booms and have them equally spaced between the servo and the tail control arm. 1/3 of the distance between the servo and the 1st support, 1/3 of the distance between the two rod supports, 1/3 of the distance between the tail last rod support and the tail control arm.

Hope this makes sense. You may be getting buzzing of the servo because of the tension the rod support, so close to the servo, is putting on the servo. My guess.

orange78 Keep at it you'll get it!
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:43 pm

ok thanks i didn't think of that if its pulling or pushing to much on the rod it might make it buzz cause the gyro whats to move it right or the servo wants to center it self but can't? ill give it a try.. what if i disconnent the link so nothing it attached to the servo and it still hums and buzzes i guess if it does there nothing u can do i guess or just maybe cause they cheap censored servo but the other don't do that ahhhhh this is my first build sorry for all question

(i def gotta get a dx7 would make life easyier)
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Take the link off of the servo arm, good idea!   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:55 pm

If removing the link from the servo arm doesn't stop the buzzing you have probably got a servo problem. Use the transmiter to move the arm in rate mode and it should center the arm when you let go of the stick. If it always buzzes something is probably wrong with the servo. Sometimes the servos will buzz a little but moving them with the transmitter should make them stop.

Sorry but I have to go to bed now. Work tomorrow early. Hopefully someone will pickup with you and help you trouble shoot.

Later, They will drive you crazy sometimes! Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: ESS BRAND NEW junk??>> VERY LONG BEWARE   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:57 am

ok after going through all this and finnaly getting it setup right i desided to do a hover did a hover just need to adjust tail to to don't slowly start moving to one direction but now after that 20 sec hover after once in a while when i try to throttle up to hover you hear the see the motor twitching to move si i stop try agian same think then stop then it spools up normal and hover a few inches then i start to give it some lift and i start give it throttle and end up at full but the motor is barly movinbg enought to get it 1 foot high then stop.. so i start spool up again and now everything works normal start throttle up hover then my heli goes thottle up all on its own in goes crashing into my basement ceiling THIS has to me a bad esc right i just open the package yestertday when i started my build

also side note i have two of the same esc 40a exceed proton and i have my other one on my belt and it works fine but with this one i notice that when i plug my batt in just like the heli site there the esc gets hot a hell when it just sitting there so i did a test with the one i have on my belt cp and that one does not get hot as hell just sitting there i even swaped the wire thinking make the motor was making the esc hot and when i plug my exi build into my belt cp with same esc it did not get got sitting and took a nice while before it got hot from running the motor unlike the other one that just gets hot just sitting there and even really really hot powering up\

esc bad right ?>>???

Last edited by burton8012 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spell checking)
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:27 am

Probably your ESC is bad headbeat And if rudder servo travels too far, reduce ATV on gyro till servo travels without any bindings in the tail flyaway
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: align motor and esc   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:19 pm

i got so pissed i just ran to the store and got align motor and esc hope everything will work together now was using a brand new 40 amp exceed with a motor with same speces and the alfa 400 exceed but it lookes cheap to me
ok its 2 hours later and im editing this message now everything works fine with this setup i should of done it right the firsts time not the cheap way BTW the tail servo that was buzzing is due to if being a cheap censored tower-po servo they seem ok so far but do not use them for a tail servo i just for the heck of it pluged in my esky servo and no buzzing and thats not even that a good of servo that show u know cheap it is for the tail servo

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:16 pm

which esc did you get i got two exceed volcanos 30 amp one for my belt cp and one for my 450 zl, i also noticed that you got the exceed programable radio i ordered the hobby king verison. have no idea what setting i will nedd but i guess trail and error a lot of errorand i can get it..
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:51 pm

thats what i had exceed 30 amp volcano i ou t one on y belt cp no problems i opened the package first time last night hook ed it up and i noticed it gets hot as hell just plugging it in and not doing ne thing just sitting so i took the one out of my belt and that one did not get hot just sitting so i needed up getting a bad esc and my motor ws prob crap too so i just bought was i showed above align motor and esc 130.00 total for the two
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)   exi 450 trans pro zl  servo HELP   (VIDEOS) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

exi 450 trans pro zl servo HELP (VIDEOS)
Page 1 of 1