RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

4 n 1 question

Go down 
+2
P3tras
Trinot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinot

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Hey guys I have a question, in the 4 in 1 what board is located right next to the pins where the battery plug comes out. This is a 4 in 1 for a V2 so I don't know if that makes a difference. Anywhoo the 4 in 1 melted right where the sticker that says "2.4ghz " is at. The tail motor was spinning while it was having its meltdown if that hepls identify the problem.

Is it possible to repair things in the 4 in 1?

Thanks
Tri
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:06 pm

Open 4in1 and take a photo of what is burned out OK? Probably FETs will be burned out. You can buy them at radio-shack store flyaway
Back to top Go down
Trinot

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Here are the pics

4 n 1 question DSCF0066
4 n 1 question DSCF0067
4 n 1 question DSCF0068
4 n 1 question DSCF0069
4 n 1 question DSCF0070
4 n 1 question DSCF0071
4 n 1 question DSCF0074

And these where just some REALLY tasty potatoes I fried up one night. I LOVE MRS DASH!

4 n 1 question DSCF0065
Back to top Go down
Trinot

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:54 pm

You can also see in the pics where he totally demolished the gain and proportion. I almost messed my proportion up when I first got it, but luckily I figured out that you have to have a TINY TINY screw driver and press inward to get them to turn.

I really think they should make the gain and proportion out of something other than like semi-hard putty. Whatever material it is made of is SO SUPER easy to mess up, should be made of some type of hard plastic or something and come with a tool for turning it.
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Basically in my Opionion it is "Totally Fried!!!!" and you could never fix it...
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Wow... Yeah a lot more components are fried than just any FETs. Ones that cannot be repaired or replaced, at least at a reasonable price. And you would need surgical skills to do that kind of work.
Back to top Go down
Trinot

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:22 pm

Well next time I am going to fry JUST the potatoes and not the 4 in 1 too :crylaugh:

I have thought the 4 in 1 is silly from the first time I saw my heli. It has the most fragile little crappy buttons, and the fact that it is 4 in 1, if it breaks you might as well just buy another heli because
it costs so much.

Would the fuse mod have prevented this?

What is the most likely cause of this? Could a simple impact have jarred stuff loose and caused a short circuit or was this from the throttle not being cut off?
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:11 pm

Trinot wrote:
Would the fuse mod have prevented this?

The fuse mode would have prevented it from frying. If it's all stock a 3A fuse for the tail motor and 8A fuse for main motor.
I fried my 4in1 and decided to put fuses on the replacement. Many said it's a waste of time but as a noob it'll be a waste of money if you forget to throttle down before you crash.

FYI, I tested out the fuses by holding the blades to prevent it from spinning up. The fuses blew and it cut all power off. Therefore saving the 4in1 from frying.

New HBFP V2 $99.00
New 4in1 $39.00
Cost of fuse & connectors $2.50

Forgetting to throttle down before a crash and NOT frying the 4in1..........PRICELESS :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Hey I know, Put some mrs dash on it and snap it back together and give it a shot. He He

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Trinot

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Well it looks like I will be doing the fuse mod to my heli before anything happens. I haven't ever had a problem cutting the throttle but id rather be safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4 n 1 question Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 n 1 question   4 n 1 question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 n 1 question
Page 1 of 1