RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ESC HERE

Go down 
+5
helibrit
djem
P3tras
Nuttcaze
Fatdaddy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:40 pm

OK lets talk ESC here!! Ok I'll start. Anybody know any thing ,good or bad about Mistery ESC's They can be had REALLY REALLY cheap on EBay.. They look very,very much like HobbyWing!!! I just wonder.
100A for 16.00
40A 8.00
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: OK,OK   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:42 pm

Yes I mean MYSTERY
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:46 am

for big amp ESC's you can't skimp, for the smaller ones (like hobbycity's SuperSimple 30A for $10) the cheaper ones usually work fine.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:30 am

I use mystery ESC and they work really good smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
djem

djem

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Question   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Why is mij ES-600 is still starting so hard?
I have the choice on my ESC to select between a hard start and a soft start, so I've selected the soft start and he's still starting fast. That's what I think. whatt It look's like a hard start and I don't feel well with that. Maybe I'm thinking wrong but without rotorblades it is no problem but with the blades mounted the heli turns 90 degrees to the left. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
helibrit

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:48 pm

I had read on the net that the mystery esc were unreliable or at least ssomeones review of it. on same subject has anyone used the casle thunderbird escs if so are they any good I am thinking to put in my trex clone with a turnigy 2636 motor. any suggestions appreciated. Flywell Helibrit
Back to top Go down
helibrit

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:03 pm

hi everyone well I found out with a little research and getting on castle creations that the thunderbitd esc are definatly not for Helicopters. so I am know thinking about the eflite 40 v2 esc any one use or heard if any good any comments appreciated thanx Helibrit noob
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:29 am

djem wrote:
Why is mij ES-600 is still starting so hard?
I have the choice on my ESC to select between a hard start and a soft start, so I've selected the soft start and he's still starting fast. That's what I think. whatt It look's like a hard start and I don't feel well with that. Maybe I'm thinking wrong but without rotorblades it is no problem but with the blades mounted the heli turns 90 degrees to the left. Any suggestions?

Does the ESC have a "very-soft" start option?
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:44 pm

I prefer programmable ESC's. The Super Simple ESC from Hobbycity is NOT programmable and you won't be able to do a soft start since it is not programmable. (You get what you pay for). It doesn't cost that much more for programmability so just get one. I'm not sure about the Mystery brands but the Exceed Volcano series are definatel programmable and the Hobbywing's are programmable. Soft start is good for fast brushless motors with high RPMs. You want to start the heli up slowly and not tear apart your heli.

And don't forget to get a programming card or dongle. It's much easier than programming from the Tx.

orange68

Last edited by RTF-HELI on Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: ESC Start Up   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:16 pm

I have an Align 75Amp ESC in my E Smart 600, this is set on soft start and will do a soft start unless you push the RPM up too much on spool up.
Why are you Guys stripping so many Main Gears on your Smarts, I have had the same
main gear in my Smart for four months no visible wear.Try a small amount of silicone grease and a good ESC.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:10 pm

some of the SuperSimple ESC's are card programable, I have a 30A one that is, but there are alot of them that aren't programmable.

I too had the same main gear in my E-Smart for months but then I stripped 3 in less then a month, not sure why, seems the replacement gears were a little weaker then the originals that came with the kit, at least I thought so orange78
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Quality Control   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:20 pm

As E.Smart followers we did have, and still have some quality control problems with some of the parts circulating in the system. Never take it as fact that because its new its correct, always check.
One thing that I have upgraded on my E.Smart is the Main Shaft Bearings, I trashed three sets before changing to a high spec German & Japanese set. I purchased these from my local bearing supplier for £11:00, smooth as silk and well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: ESmart   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:29 pm

I just want to see it in the air!!! I really regret stealing the parts for another!!!LOL
Waiting is the hardest part. I've made as much progress with the HBK2 as I'm gonna and I think the ES is going to get me over that hmup to real flight!!
However I gotta say that I'm one hoovering mother!!! Cause of that sweet little bee!!!
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Main Gear   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Just as a foot note I do not think there is anything wrong with the Plastic
Main Gears from E Sky. Check all of your other critical parts for wear and out of tolerance settings.
Let us all fly safe!
Back to top Go down
djem

djem

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:07 pm

No, there's no very-soft start option on that ESC. Only hard- and soft start and I have to program the ESC with my transmitter (transmitter on full trottle and connect the battery -ESC. Than it gives a symphony of beeps witch i can select with half-trottle and set with full-trottle again.
It is a 120 amp. brushles ESC with 5 amp. BEC and I buyed it by Swang-Hobby( Hong-Kong) orange78
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: FatDaddy Stick with it!   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Just spent a great day flying my E.Smart in the sun. It took me nearly a year to get to this point, but it is well worth it.
Stepping up to this size Heli is a commitment, but when you get it in the air man its worth
all the time and effort.
Stick with it Daddy you will love it!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm in the process (slowly) of building an ES600 all metal. How about describing the components that you used for your build (ESC, Gyro, Radio Etc) I would be very interested in that, and I will probably have a few questions for you later if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Ok   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Ok D,. I used 3 HS-422's I used a TeleBee gyro with a Spctrum DS-821 digital..
HobbyWing 80A OPTO with a HobbyWing UBEC 5A/7.5 max..Stock 1200Kv motor and stock 550 woodies
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Steel Cover Set   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:26 pm

Check your spares if you have a cover set check the tolerance on this part, it should be
9.97mm if you have any 9.94mm bin them. This will instantaneously trash your Main Gear.
If I had One, there must have been a Shed Load in the system.
Take nothing for granted always check!!

Let us all Fly a little bit better for this.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: HUH   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:11 pm

What are you talkin about??
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: E Smart Build   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Donnie
How far have you got with your build?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: mostly done   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Well it was done at one point and I was just waiting for batterys. But like I said, I stole some parts to do the all metal for sale now I'm just waiting to get them replaced..
All I'm waiting for is the ESC and gyro. And the batterys are in route from Hong Kong.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 pm

Steve

Sorry I took so long to answer. I somehow missed your post.

I have the skids, bellcranks, motor, main gear and main shaft installed, as well as the pitch, aileron and elevator servos mounted(HS-422). I just got my DX61 the other day and I think I'm going to use the 6200 rec for the ES600 and order a 6100 so I can put my Belt CP on it too.

I guess my next purchace will be the ESC and program card. I'm thinking about getting one of the Hobbywing 80A. I'm not sure about the BEC as Im pretty much of a dunce about the electronics. dunce

Haven't decided on the Gyro (Telebee?-Esky?) yet either.

I think I'm gonna go with a 5 cell batt. whatt

I'm open to any sugestions on any of this stuff. I need all the help I can get. whatt
But I'm really excited. Can't wait to get it in the air. jumpy gen150

If you don't mind, how about describe the components you used four build.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Build   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Hobbywing Platinum and ytou don't need the bec. Telebee OK but don't use the Esky. I guess Mine went bad after about 6 weeks. Something started glitching, so I'm guessing it was that. I think 5's will be ok.I'm gonna pick a couple up from Nutts. I do have two 6's on the way from HK. I'll use the 5's with both the ES6 and the EXI5.
Just my 2c. I'm set up for a flight pack too, and that does away with the need for a bec also.

Oh and sorry I answered before, I saw Steve and thought someone was asking me(steve also)
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Hey, no problem Fatdaddy. I need all the info I can get. orange74 By the way, what is a flight pack? orange78

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: FP   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:45 pm

Its a set of batterys that power the electrics only. My Spectrum came with one that is ni-cad. I set it up on a second rec. tray I hung under the main Batt.tray in the slots of the batt. tray so I can slide it forward or back to help balance.
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:06 am

Hey Donnie, A BEC is a Battery Eliminator Circuit. It is used to eliminate the need for the seperate battery for the reciever and less weight is always a good thing. A lot of ESC's come with them built in but many like to use a seperate BEC incase the ESC dies during flight (that would sux so bad) and you still have power to the electronics and hopefully still be able to bring your bird down safe. Way beyond my skill.

Hope this helps

Darrel
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: ppow   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:00 am

Yea I think if any of us lost the ESC in flight there would not be much left to pick up. When your up to the level(80A-100A) of ESC that we will have on an ESmart I don't think there many problems with them. Also I don't think many of us will notice the weight saving
on a bird like the ES for quite some time if ever. I'd rather have the batt. the bec is just one more electrial thing to go bad. But as I said, I'm going with an ESC that has one built in but also set up for the extra pack.
The ESmart I have up for sale does in fact use a bec thats separate from the ESC, it also is one more thing to mount and wire. I think what ever way you go just don't skimp,go a little extra.
All my other builds will use the platinum hobbywing's

Rebuild of the king complete!!! I'm gonna try to keep it in one peice tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:55 am

I think I'm gonna go with the Hobby Wing 80A-HV (version 4.1) ESC ($115) and the program card.
Any suggestions as to which BEC I should use for that ESC?

I also would like to use 5 cell batterys.
Any suggestions for these?

Thanks
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: BEC   ESC HERE I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:54 am

Sorry I don't really have much first hand knolage on the use or fitment of bec's.
Just lookin at one and the paper work with it makes me want to stay away!!
I really suck at the electric side of this. That's the main reasom I'm going with a built in, I'll take my chances with a failure..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ESC HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESC HERE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: