RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ESC HERE

Go down 
+5
helibrit
djem
P3tras
Nuttcaze
Fatdaddy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ESC HERE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Once you get to ESC's over 60A is when you really need to look into using a seperate BEC or flight pack (seperate small battery pack that powers the receiver and servos).

The Hobbywing 80A ESC's work great as far as I'm concerned. They don't always start up the slowest but if you're mindful of it then you'll be fine. Wiring in a BEC was REALLY simple too, I'll post a pic in a few mins.

5S1P batteries work great for the E-Smart. I can do light 3D with them and average flight time for normal flight is around 7-8mins.

I'm not sure if you ever saw this video but I had a DyNam 70A ESc catch fire. I was using a seperate BEC so I still had controls of my servos even though the ESC was on fire. If I had been flying any higher I still might have been able to prevent a crash but if I was using a ESC that had an ESC built into it I would have lost ALL control.

Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

ESC HERE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ESC HERE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:47 pm

since this ESC does not have a built in BEC, to install a seperate BEC all you need to do is solder the BEC wires onto the wires going to the battery and plug the BEC into the "Battery" slot on the receiver

ESC HERE - Page 2 SDC18852Large
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ESC HERE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESC HERE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 pm

orange74 Thanks a million for the BEC hook up picure. That is going to help me a lot. You really should make that a part of some of the set up stickeys and build info for the various helis. I know I'm not the only one it could help.

Thanks again, :worthy: salute

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESC HERE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:21 am

Thanks Steve for the PM with the 600 build info. I'll be in touch.

Thanks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ESC HERE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC HERE   ESC HERE - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESC HERE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: