RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
old_city_painter

old_city_painter

ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber Empty
PostSubject: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:15 am

Saw this pic..if you look closely at the box it appears that the heli pictured has a CNC head & tail box along with a Carbon Fiber Frame. Is E-Sky planning on releasing this?ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber Imagemagicphp
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:46 am

god I hope not, if they do they'll get another series of e-mails explaining why its a waste of their time, wait I just did that 3 days ago, lol. I already mentioned to them that the kit would have to have a full cnc head and stay the same price for it to compete with the current 500's. But I also pointed out to them that the only places that sells the ES500 in the US ALSO sells the biggest competitor to the ES500, the EXI 500, which as I also explained to them repeatedly is a far better value then the ES500 and the main reason the ES500 will never be the success that ESky hoped it would be.

I am completely and brutally honest with ESky when I e-mail them, sometimes I wonder why they still talk to me :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
old_city_painter

old_city_painter

PostSubject: Re: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:53 am

Well, to be honest with you, I just ordered the same Tunigy motor, ESC and battery from HK you are using for an ES500 I plan to build! Not sure what servos I'll use yet, but I already have a couple of spare gyros laying around. I just can't decide wether blue, or orange yet! :hahaha: So I am waiting to order the kit. I just want someting I can thrash on without having a ton of money in it! flyaway flyaway flyaway
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:03 am

Thing with the motor is I haven't found good pinion gears to match my motor and battery set-up. I'm gonna try a 12t pinion on it when the weather gets better but with a 13t the motor was pretty hot after flying (with a reduced throttle curve) and with a 15t it was extremely hot but also the head speed was insane. The ESC though works great but I'm also using a seperate BEC. I currently have these SUPER cheap 41G T-Pro SG5010 servos from hobbypartz, they're $4.90 ea - http://www.hobbypartz.com/kahaoubrmo14.html (I even have one on the tail :crylaugh: )

ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber Servo_SG5010-1

But I plan on getting more Hi-Tech HS-422's for my ES500, the 422's are a little slower but it makes the heli less twitchy. Both my ES600's have 422's.
Back to top Go down
old_city_painter

old_city_painter

PostSubject: Re: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:15 am

I too plan on using a BEC..always do! I currently have the Castle BEC on both of my 500's and ES600. Works very well and it is very small as well! Makes location easy. :bigthumb: I'll probably use the HS422's as well..for 12 bucks you can't go wrong! I always try to use a fast tail servo, had good luck with the Ino-Lab HG-261HB. I use it on the Copter X(EXI) 500, they are the same kit ya know, and my CX450. I have the larger Ino-Lab tail servo on the ES-600, don't remember the#. The HC500 is using the Align DS520 and it works well. So I don't what I'll use yet. I have a 12, 13, 14 tooth Rhino Gear pinions as spares so I'll try the 13 first. Oh Yeah, what pitch and throttle cures are you using? Blade pitch same as T-Rex 500?
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:34 am

Hey OCP,

Are you running the castle BEC on a reciever pack or do you have it wired to your esc battery connection??? orange78

The reason I ask is because I am currently building my EXI 500 and I have read all of the post about why you need to run an external bec, but I still dont get it. Maybe I'm just Crazysmile !

I am going to be installing a Castle Phoenix Ice 75A esc w/ internal bec. I have to think that the same technology that castle puts into their external bec's gets out into their internal bec's. orange78

If the external bec is powered by the same battery as the motor, wouldn't it have the same possibility of power loss as an internal bec?

Please don't take me the wrong way, I am just trying to get a better understanding!

Thanks for any light you may be able to shed on me, its very scary in the dark!!! orange6

J.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:45 am

Hi jstarks
I am also using castle creations BEC on my esmart from main battery. I am very happy with it! Main reason installing separate BEC is not battery running low. As we know big ESC sometimes likes to burn out, and most of the times internal BEC burns out too. Then heli falls like a rock. But if you are using external BEC you will still able to control it and hopefully land it :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
old_city_painter

old_city_painter

PostSubject: Re: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:49 am

jstarks wrote:
Hey OCP,

Are you running the castle BEC on a reciever pack or do you have it wired to your esc battery connection??? orange78

The reason I ask is because I am currently building my EXI 500 and I have read all of the post about why you need to run an external bec, but I still dont get it.
J.

I have the BEC wired directly into the ESC leads that go to the battery. There are two reasons to use a separate BEC:
1) Because the ESC now does not have to power the servos and the reciever, the load on it is not as high, making it last longer and run cooler.

2) If for some reason your ESC fails in flight, the servos and reciever will still have power, and you might well be able to land orange69 without to much damage.

I think using a separate BEC is the way to go...
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks p3tras and OCP,

By the way OCP that is one sweet looking canopy you have on that cx500! :bigthumb:

J.
Back to top Go down
old_city_painter

old_city_painter

PostSubject: Re: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Thanks...the canopy is from Fusuno..got it at HeliDirect for 39 bucks...they have several nice canopies listed for the T-Rex 500 which will fit your machine... :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber   ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ES500 CNC & Carbon Fiber
Page 1 of 1