RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

batteries??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smonks

batteries?? Empty
PostSubject: batteries??   batteries?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:21 pm

hi guys,

I'm new with this very exciting hobby and I'm beginning to get to know my heli. Hovering was very hard in the beginning ( crashed the first 3 times ) but I'm getting there. Now the problem is that the batteries run low very vast ( about 6 to 7 minutes )... and I already got 2 batteries dead. Even though I stopped flying when I noticed that it was running low, but not just in time I guess. :( orange83

Could anyone recommend me good batteries for the belt CP V2 and a charger/balancer so I can fly maybe a little bit longer. And if you could recommend me a charger/balancer that I can use in the future for different helis so I don't have to buy another charger again. Also I wonder what if the connecters of the batteries don't fit with the connecters of the heli... can I just cut the old ones and resolder them?

Thanks for any replies !!!

grtz bye
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

batteries?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: batteries??   batteries?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Good chagers...

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/skychb6chdup.html (i think this is the upgraded model)

Good battery...

Its out of stock now. http://www.hobbypartz.com/112220c3cehi.html
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

batteries?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: batteries??   batteries?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:19 pm

Time your flights. Any battery will die if ran too low. You need to stop fly'n
well before you notice the battery dieing. I am only getting a 5 min. flight
with EXI450 3800kv motor 11 or 12t pinion and 2200 TP V2 battery's.

With same heli and 3550kv motor 12 or 13t pinion on TP2200 V2's I can get
6 minute flights. Same setup with 11t pinion almost 7 minutes.

So setup along with motor and pinions are all factors in flight time.....

Zippy battery's are the best bang for the buck I have tried....Looking
for good charger myself. I use a mystery b6 and it sucks....
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

batteries?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: batteries??   batteries?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:22 pm

I have the Thunder AC6 and have the newer Sky 6 charger on the way now,it'll be here later this week and I'll give you a full report on the Sky charger but I imagine it'll be pretty much the same as the AC6 but $5 more
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

batteries?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: batteries??   batteries?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down
smonks

batteries?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: batteries??   batteries?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:13 pm

:grinn:

thanks 4 the replies guys. I've checked it out and I will order the thunder AC 6 charger, seems like a good choice!

As for the batteries I think I'll go with one turnigy 2.2 and a blue lipo as garytash suggested...

shure I won't have any connection problems with those batteries for my belt CP V2 ? Cause I can't see the connectors so I don't know if they are the same as my e-sky batteries. As nobody mentioned anything I guess there won't be any problem...

thanks again !

bye greetz
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

batteries?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: batteries??   batteries?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:47 pm

oh, yes you will need new Deans connectors for the turnigy batteries.
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

batteries?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: batteries??   batteries?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:57 pm

When do you consider a battery dead? I have a battery that takes over 100 minutes to balance charge with my AC6. All the cells charge evenly, but it take a long time.
Back to top Go down
smonks

batteries?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: batteries??   batteries?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:29 pm

well, by dead I ment destroyed... :( but I've bought an alarmtool (you probably know what I mean) now, so that won't happen again I think ( hope ).

Did you guys know it costs about 65 dollars for an E-sky batterie (1800mA) !!! Here in belgium the prices are much more expensive than in USA or Holland or wherever, so I'm not that happy with destroying my 2 batteries. So when I looked at the turnigy batterie nuttcaze suggested for 13 dollars I opened my eyes quite wide orange6 Wink

I think I'll look around at hobbyking.com for some batteries and/or parts,and buy double the amount I was gonna do.

any way thanks 4 the replys !!

and talk 2 u later

greetz smonks bye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

batteries?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: batteries??   batteries?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

batteries??
Page 1 of 1