RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?

Go down 
+3
chiefqm
keithldick
Trinot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinot

Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? Empty
PostSubject: Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:41 am

Hey nuttcaze (or anyone else), I put the battery up what i thought was about as far as your battery was, but I am thinking maybe due to the velcro + rubber bands + maybe me having it a little to far forward that my heli might be going nose down? I only think this because without me inputting any fore or aft on the right stick it wants to go forwards? (I have to press the right stick toward 6 o clock to counteract it). Is this likely because of having to much weight up front? Or is this just my newbieness not being able to control the heli?

TANKS! :clap:
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:02 am

You should Really watch most of Nutt's Videos for tips & tricks...

My RC Guides
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:22 am

Hey Buddy, Just let the heli hang from the flybar and see if it's hanging level. If not, then adjust the battery so that it does. It also helps if you mention which heli you are having the problem with. Hope this helps. navy1
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Training Gear   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:50 pm

I am pretty sure it was just me being a noob. I am getting more and more used to the controls, I think the helicopter is okay and I just need to get better. I still haven't figured out how to get the training set on properly, I have it all put together but getting it to attach to the helicopter it seems, well, like it just doesn't really line up right or isn't the right one? Should a training kit with a plastic disc in the middle like the one I got work on any helicopter and you just have to ziptie it to get it to work?

BTW. I got these http://www.xheli.com/ek1-0221.html , for my Honey Bee Fixed Pitch V2 (the new one). Anyone give me any hints?
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:15 pm

I've got mine as far foward as Nutz video shows and she hovers quite nicely. As stated pick it up by the flybar and see how it balances the video was a godsend for me in setting mine up, I just have to stop the tail from hunting still. Even so I tried it tonight in no wind what so ever and as Nutz video shows you can actually hover hands off, for a good 10 secs I was hovering at 4-5ft without doin a thing, bet to an onlooker it actually looked as though I knew what I was doing! :prop: I ran a couple of batts through the HB then got cocky and got the CP out. Wow thats a step up! She is twitchy but I had her hovering nicely got a bit worried when I let her get to about 10ft but it's back in 1 piece after a 5 min flight, now only have an 8 hour wait for the battery to charge! Bit silly really I've not set the CP up yet but she flew well straight out of the box! But I can tell she is not setup well though (I will order an extra battery and new charger soon, having extra for the HB is really helpful when learning). Just out of interest can you charge 2 11.1V batteries off a AC6 at the same time?

I ordered a set of training gear off ebay 6 weeks ago, they've not arrived yet, to be honest the HB is nice without (probably would have saved me a set of ring like push rods though if I had installed them but I have learnt a lot when taking her apart and fixing bits) but I will put a set on my Cp before I do some damage!
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Pittnuma wrote:
Just out of interest can you charge 2 11.1V batteries off a AC6 at the same time?

I believe you can, but you will need an adapter that plugs into the 6cell port of charger and has 2 3cell plugs at other end so that you can plug batteries in. Be sure that the batteries you are charging are of same voltage and mAh rating. I will try and fing the adapter and post the link for you.

AxeL
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:25 pm

Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? 112-207_large

Something Like this, but you will have to check it has right connectors for your charger
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:37 pm

Many thank AxeL

I will be charging 2 sets at a time of 11.1V 800mah batteries and 2 x 11.1v 2000 mah batteries
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:15 pm

What do you mean without doing a thing? Just using the throttle stick? I haven't got to 4-5 feet yet, I am a little timid about it, only have got that hi on accident. When I go to hover the tail wants to move (at first it was moving left hard now moves right after proportion adjust). It either wants to go forward or backwards with no input from the right stick (except heading towards 3 o clock for right cyclic) so I have to keep it from going either forward or backwards (maybe rotor wash I don't know?). I also have to give it some rudder stick to hold the tail until I get off the ground.
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:50 pm

I was lucky I had it in a very stable hover and amazingly it did not need any cyclic at all for around 10 secs after that she was starting to move to the left so I had to correct, once I had it at 4-5 feet I did not touch the throttle, she just maintained the height +/- half a foot. When I say stable hover though it was moving around slightly it was never absolutely picture stationery.
I find with my flying some of what I'm fighting is PIO (pilot induced oscilation - basically over correction) I learnt very early on when I was learning to fly gliders especially on tow I would be up/down/left/right of the tug and things would get worse, the instructor very quickly spotted this and beat it out of me! (PIO on tow can quickly become life threatening if you get high you can sling shot over the top of the tug on a pendulum effect pulling the tail of the tug up thus you sling shot over the top and the tug ploughs into the ground nose down so the instructors rightly are very keen on you learning to take things easy).
So I am doing the same with the heli, small inputs and don't chase things and in doing so I had it at a point where the hover was very stable and I did not touch the cyclic whilst she hovered there, bear in mind there was absolutely no wind and at 4-5 ft so I was out of the downwash, much lower and I find the hover is somewhat more unstable because of the downwash. I think you might find it a little more stable if you can brave it and take her a little higher.
Just glad my CFI is not around when I censored up the landing with an rc heli he would have a fit!

Hope that helps 1 noob to another!
Back to top Go down
chopper cop

chopper cop

PostSubject: Batteries and hoovering   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:54 am

Hiya,

Well I recognize al lot in reading the past replies. I am new with the CP V2 and it is a bit more difficult to control. It flies right out of the box, but
the factory gave my CP a pitch ( at midstich idle up) of 2 to 3 degrees. It was okay, and the idea is the the rotor makes more rmp befor
take off. Thus de gyro effect of the spinning rotors makes it a little more stable. I also bought an extra battery pack (2200maH) and it
is charged in about 1 hour and 10 minutes, depending on how empty it is after flying.

One thing is important with flying helicopters, take your time. Make sure you are in control, and that you know you can anticipate
on what the helicopter is doing. I know it takes some time, but hey it is a hobby and hobbies take time.

Laterz orange68
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

PostSubject: look to the left   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Build 1 of these and you can get it perfectly level. Also if your tail heavy you can add weight to the front. I had to put my battery so far foward my canopy didn't fit right. I taped 2 heavy washers to my battery to balance it out. Also, if your heli wants to go foward in a hover your swash plate might be down in the front giving foward movment. disconnect motor, turn on tx, plug batt in, make sure heli is level. right stick center, half throttle. Look at swash plate from all 4 directions. It should be level
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?   Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nuttcaze is my battery to far forward?
Page 1 of 1