RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

DX7 battery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GaryX1001

DX7 battery Empty
PostSubject: DX7 battery   DX7 battery I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 pm

hi,

i just got a new DX7 and wondered how to charge this thing.

i never had any ni-cd packs, i only have a quick charger for single mignon batteries.

i have a multifunctional charger which can charge nicd/nimh/lilo/lipo/life/pb
but,

i have no idea how i should connect this battery pack orange44

when i charge my lipos i connect one of the cable to the individual cell connector port (2-8s lipo) and the other cable goes to charging lead connector (per adapter to DEANS) on the battery.

is it ok to cut the cable on the dx7 battery and make a plug between so i can connect it directly to the charging lead connector or do i need to go to the individual cell connector port?

when balancing lipos it reads the current battery voltage etc, nothing needed for a ni-cd battery?

the charger manual is as always very cheap when you have any questions. orange83

thanks for any help
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

DX7 battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX7 battery   DX7 battery I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Well, to charge nicd battery connect it to the charger. You don't need to connect anything to balance ports. Then select nicd program on the charger and charge battery on 0.1A. Nicd batteries can't be charged fast orange83
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

DX7 battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX7 battery   DX7 battery I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:25 pm

P3tras wrote:
Well, to charge nicd battery connect it to the charger. You don't need to connect anything to balance ports. Then select nicd program on the charger and charge battery on 0.1A. Nicd batteries can't be charged fast orange83

thank you for the answer P3tras, fially someone cared..

i will cut the battery cable and put a JST between, so i can connect it to my charger.

im not sure but i think i have read the lowest setting will be 150mAh. i will see.

how do i know when the battery is fully charged?
at which point you should consider charging the battery? half full? 1/4 full? i ask becosby of the battery life.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

DX7 battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX7 battery   DX7 battery I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Charger should stop charging when the battery is full. Just like with lipo batt. And you must fully discharge nicd. Best to discharge battery to 0.9V per cell (I don't know how many cells has spektrum nicd, but my futaba have 8 cells nicd)
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

DX7 battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX7 battery   DX7 battery I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:15 pm

P3tras wrote:
Charger should stop charging when the battery is full. Just like with lipo batt. And you must fully discharge nicd. Best to discharge battery to 0.9V per cell (I don't know how many cells has spektrum nicd, but my futaba have 8 cells nicd)

ok, i modded the cable so i can connect it to my charger. it charges too.

problem:

on the battery it says:

spektrum Ni-MH AA1500mAh 9.6v

i set 0.1A current to charge.
i set 1500mAh to define the battery in the charger.
it wants to know the volts, so i used 9.6v (with lipos you see 11.1v/14.8v.. and so on)

atm the battery is at 10.4v and the charger does not say full orange78

when the battery is in the transmitter and i power on it says the battery is only abit over half full (9.7v). i thought 9.6 should be the max.

i just dont get it orange60
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

DX7 battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX7 battery   DX7 battery I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Aaaa, so it is not nicd battery. It is nimh battery. So choose ni-mh program in the charger. Full voltage will be ~11.5V. 9.6V is not maximum volts, it is medium. It is like 11.1V lipo is charged to 12.6V.
P.S. Since it it is ni-mh battery you can charge it at ~0.3A
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

DX7 battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX7 battery   DX7 battery I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:32 pm

P3tras wrote:
Aaaa, so it is not nicd battery. It is nimh battery. So choose ni-mh program in the charger. Full voltage will be ~11.5V. 9.6V is not maximum volts, it is medium. It is like 11.1V lipo is charged to 12.6V.
P.S. Since it it is ni-mh battery you can charge it at ~0.3A

thanks for the help orange74

battery is at 11.33v now and it doesnt seem to raise anymore so i guess it might be at max.

i've charged completely @0.1A, next time i will use 0.2 or 0.3 like you said.

thanks again orange60
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DX7 battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: DX7 battery   DX7 battery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DX7 battery
Page 1 of 1