RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gormc66

gormc66

WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:49 pm

I have a HBFP all stock but have put the zip tie around the 4in1 and tail mount also heat sinks for both motors. i saw nuttcases vid on moving the vertical fin forward but dont think he said how this helps. ive got my hover pritty good so happy but when i start doing mods were do i start on the heli. thanks for any info..
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:56 pm

I'd start with a pair os super skids, 7.4v 1200mAh LiPo, and metal flybar. You could get a metal rotor head too but you may end up breaking the center hub more often as a result of using the metal rotor head. Sometimes not though.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm srill new at this, and I agree with Nuttcaze on the Super Skids and the lipo battery. This is just my opinion, but that's where I would stop modding the Honey Bee. The superskids will make the heli look a lot better and they will solve the center of gravity problen as well as give a you a better way to mount the lipo. After that I recommend learning to hover the HBFP in all directions. After that move up to a CP heli like the Belt CP or the EXI 450. The HBFP is a great heli and a fantastic trainer, but I would put my money in an upgraded, larger heli. 2cents old

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Esky Dauphin
Esky HBFP
Esky Belt CP
Esky ES600 (build in progress)
Back to top Go down
gormc66

gormc66

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:44 pm

thanks for the info.. smiley-happy088 yes not putting to much money in this heli but do want it to not look like others. have cut out the fake screans on the sides and put real screan in and flamed the windsheild atomic
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:54 pm

where are the pics???
Back to top Go down
gormc66

gormc66

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:33 am

not sure how to get pics on here yet....anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:35 am

Back to top Go down
gormc66

gormc66

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:46 am

[img]WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? S5007811[/img] here is a pic of my hbfp..
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:00 am

that mesh is different. Didn't think of that. Lol I broke 2 canopys and never got a new one so no canopy on mine
Back to top Go down
gormc66

gormc66

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 pm

The super skids... that is a full metal frame and all? so you have to put motors and servos over to it.. whacky046
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:16 am

http://www.super-skids.com/
you will want to look at the superskid 300.

scroll down on the 300 page and it shows you exactly what you get and there is an online manual there so you can see what you have to do to fit them.

Only thing I had to do different was to get rid of all the tubing and use heatshrink. Nothing moves on it now.
WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? DSC02737
Back to top Go down
gormc66

gormc66

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:02 am

that gives the heli such a diffrent look.. think i will be getting them.. smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:54 am

Thats on my CP2. The extra weight makes a big differance to how it flies. Made it a lot more stable. The CP2 spent all it's time trying to throw itself on its side. Superskids do a lot to keep the bottom pointed in the right direction lol. I went from being completely hopeless with it and really regreting getting the CP2 to being able to hover it hands free over night. The day after I got the skids I went to the gym with it and the wife watched me hover a battery. She was so impressed with how much I had improved she ordered me my 450 lol. I still havn't built it yet. I know as soon as it's built I will fly it and at the moment I know I will destroy it lol so it can wait till I am a little more confident.
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: E-SKY HBFP Mods ....   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:34 pm

You can start with something really simple. Just ad some fuses to the main and tail and do an 11.1v LIPO Mod. Goto: http://www.rtf-heli.com/ESKYHBFPMENU.html.

I just did a mod that makes the heli totally brushless. The main motor is brushless and the tail motor is brushless acting as a Direct Drive (DD) tail system. It's aswesome. Below is a video:

orange68
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:48 pm

you going to put together a kit for the brushless main and tail?
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: Totally brusless E-SKY HBFP Heli....   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Prel wrote:
you going to put together a kit for the brushless main and tail?

Actually as you are asking, the website has been updated with this brushless tail motor kit. Goto: http://www.rtf-heli.com/ESKYHBFPbrushlesstail.html for more info and pricing.

orange68
Back to top Go down
gormc66

gormc66

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:48 pm

dose anyone know the settings that my servo reverser on the bottom of my 4ch transmitter needs to be on orange5
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:55 pm

gormc66 wrote:
dose anyone know the settings that my servo reverser on the bottom of my 4ch transmitter needs to be on orange5

It depends on the servos you are using. If you are using Hi-Tec HS-55 servos, the settig are reversed. Using the 0404 TX, the typical settings with the E-Sky digital servos should be:

AIL=NORM
ELE=REV
THR=NORM
RUD=REV

orange68
Back to top Go down
gormc66

gormc66

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:16 am

mine r set ... ail- rev... ele-rev... thr-nor and rud-rev...i cant hold the heli still in a hover at all i know im new to flying but could this be a problem? all it has on sevos is digital servo-Esky-ek2-0508 orange69
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:35 am

Make sure that the swashplate is level with the ground. Adjust via the Servo trim tabs on the TX. You can also adjust the servo arms by turning the endpoints up or down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?   WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT MODS SHOULD I START WITH?
Page 1 of 1