RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

I'll introduce myself

Go down 
+6
Fatdaddy
TheSmeez
djem
blazemob
kodak_jack
Donnie D
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

I'll introduce myself Empty
PostSubject: I'll introduce myself   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:13 am

Hello all. I'm from North Carolina and I've only been messing with RC helicopters since sometime in October. My first purchase was a 2 channel, which was a waste of money to learn on, but worth every penny still because it sparked my interest enough to get me started. I then went through a few 4 channel coax copters, the only one I have that is still flying is an Esky Dauphin. They were all a lot of fun, but in retrospect I don't think I would spend my money there. I would go directly for what was my next bird. An Esky HBFP. Got to be the best trainer there is. My last purchase was an Esky Belt CP V1. I now use my HBFP to practice a particular manuver and then very carefully try it on the Belt. I now have completed 32 flights on the Belt with only one one minor mishap, which was due to a radio glitch from a loose crystal. I owe that sucess to what I learned on the HBFP and all of the fantastic info I've gotten on nutcaze.com. I don't know what I would have done without that valuable info. My next purchace will be an ES600, but it will be awhile. I need to gain more skills on the HBFP and Belt first. I can hover tail in and side in fairly well and am pretty good with some forward, side to side and backward flight, as well as some pretty shabby looking figure eights. I've just in the last few days begun to start learning nose in hovering. When I get comfortable with that, I'll start on the ES600. Anyway, I don't want to put you completely to sleep, but be looking for me to be asking for plenty of help.

Thanks for listening

Donnie D noob

Esky Dauphin
Esky HBFP (Super Skids)
Esky Belt CP (Super Skids)
Back to top Go down
kodak_jack

kodak_jack

PostSubject: Re: I'll introduce myself   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:06 am

I'm from the Rochester, N.Y. area and have been into heli's since January of '08. I've got a HBFP, King 2 (bought from Nuttcaze), an Esky Lama 4 and a Walkera 5G6-1. I was leery of buying the Walkera because of previous problems they've had, but my 5G6-1 is a nice little indoor flier. It is very zippy and responsive. I've modded and messed with the HBFP for quite a while now. My son got sick of the problems he had with his Lama 4 and sent it to me instead of constantly fighting with it. I have had problems controlling the King 2 and don't know if I will ever be able to fly a high head speed, super responsive heli. As for the 5G6-1, it's a blast to fly, but you only have a 50/ 50 chance of getting a Walkera that doesn't have some kind of issue right out of the box. In some cases, the problem will cost 1/2 the cost of the heli to fix (receivers, servos, etc.). They also have lousy stock motors and connectors on the heli and battery that are a joke. Micro Dean's corrects that, though. The same son bought a Walkera Lama 2 that was DOA right out of the box and had to spend $42 of HIS own money to ship it back to Hong Kong to get it fixed = more than a month without the heli. They were glad he emailed them because they has lost his information and didn't know if they should send it back to the same address he mailed it from argh Moral of the story: If you live in the U.S., buy from a U.S. dealer. Because of his problems with yet another heli, he'll be sending me helicopter #5 in my fleet.
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: I'll introduce myself   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:43 am

ill introduce myself, my name is brad i live about 45 mins from rochester in a small town called middlesex ny, ive only been flying helis for a few weeks, fun hobby but pain to get parts were i live no hobby shops thank goodness for the internet lol. i currently do lanscapping for my work welp happy flying everyone
Back to top Go down
djem

djem

PostSubject: Re: I'll introduce myself   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Hello, i'm from Belgium (Antwerp).
I'd started with a co-axial,than I buyed me a fp from walkera, a esky belt-cp and my biggest one made his testrun a few houres ago. I just need a li-po battery, a charger and a gyro before I can fly this big heli. It's a Esky E-smart. I look forward to see him fly. Greatings. :smiley-signs06
Back to top Go down
TheSmeez

PostSubject: What's up guys   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:12 pm

What up everyone, I live in Jacksonville FL and fly a HBFP, got into the hobby about two years ago with a couple of Air hogs laser tag battle heli's, I know they suck but it got me hooked. Moved up to a little micro 3-channel after realizing how awesome helicopters were, and about a month ago I bought the HB. Thanks to Mark for making this forum, I know his youtube videos helped me out a lot so I'm just hoping we can all build and share our knowledge. :smiley-happy03
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Hey Ya'll   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:21 am

y name is Steve, I live in South Jersey about 20 min. south of Philia. Been into the heli thing since Jan. ordered my HBK2 on 1/1/09 in fact. I had a couple foam body things for the year before but I don't think of them as the same heli class at all. Clearly I picked a tough heli to learn with as I'm hovering, well ok. I think I should be doing better but I'm at it as much as I can. Weather keeps me indoors mostly so thats limited me somewhat. I've done Radd's and that has made an unbleiveable differance!!! I really, no I mean REALLY got in touch with my little king thanks to Radd. Ok, it really started with my Dr. She is a very nice babe and seems to know what she is doin. The story goes like this.... In Feb of 06 I wasted the L5/S1 disc in my back at work for the second time. Tryed to work but by Aug of 07 I was out for good. May of 08 was the surgery, screws, rods,plates the works!! Well as far as fusing the discs it went ok, however the nerve was injured so bad for so long that the surgery didn't do anything to help with pain and my ability to stand,walk,lift,ect.ect... so hear I'm at home... On serious pain meds just to get up in the morning and get thru the day! I do get around some,sorta ok after the drugs kick in but life has changed for me like I never thought possible.. I know I'm gettin long, but Well I do have time on my hands.. Ok back to the Doc. She told me to find a hobby that I liked.. So here I'am. Now I've always been active.. Mostly ride motorcycles. Done lots of drag racing back in the day and latly ride a HD fatboy. Not too much of that lately either(since May 08) I'm very good machanically and always have been no matter what. Worked for 20 years for Mobil at their R&D engine lab till Exxon took over and laid a bunch of us union loud mouths off. then went to a indenpent testing place for a while doin mostly octane testing then Sunoco where I got hurt. WOW that a lot of info..(Well I got the time)
So her I B. I like working and building them as much as flying so far, I think as I get better at flying that will change a little. I've always been really good at building things machanical. So far I've got the Honey Bee King 2 an Esmart thats almost done(just got two set the gyro ESC pitch and the last little things like that, OH I'm also waiting for the batts. from Hobby city in HongKong, they been backordered for awhile now, but worth the wait for the price. Nuttcraze turned me on to their cheap prices!! I'm waiting for 2 6s 5000 zippys (113$). Just picked up a second Esmart on Ebay for a spare and have not opened the box yet. When I was ordreing the batts. I saw a great deal on a 450 class kit and figured sh@4t here we go. so that should be here tomorrow or this week anyway. And tonight I ordered an EXI500 well cause it looks very cool and I want it. I'm gonna build that one killer!!! I ordered all the stuff for the HK450 from HK at the same time as the kit and it came to just short of 150 without the rec. I'm using all AR7000's now since my wife got me a DX7 for my birthday in Feb.(49 now)
I started out with the King and started to upgrade, first the motor smoked on like the 5th batt. so I went with the Esky 3900 and ESC, I got the purple head and tail next. I don't see the problems that everyone else has with the purple, in fact I like it, it just needed some tweeking but I won't go into that now, yea I know thank me. I then saw the Xtreme CF frame and figured I get it and swap over the king,, OH NO IT DON'T WORK THAT WITH ME!!! Needless to say when I'm done puttin that together I will have 2 kings!! The first will stay on the Esky TX. but the 2nd is goin DX7 w/ar7000 I will give a list of parts goin on it later and pix too when that build starts. I think it will be like the Honey Bee Dictator, no longer a king but Bad!!!
Well thats my story, I've learned more from Nuttcraze than anyone or anywhere so far so I'm so very happy you've done this!!! THANK YOU MARC!!!
You are the MAN!!!
As I'm sure you can guess you will be hearing more from me!!! Till then later!!
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: this is me!   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 5:23 pm

hey everyone,first up,thanks nuttcaze for all the helpful vids.i`ve had my hbfp for about 15 months i think but i gave up for a few months `cos i got censored off with crashing/repairing.came back to it feeling/flying better and can now do circles,figure 8s,side & nose-in hovering in my little garage.waiting for better so i can practice fff.i live in a little island called England(i like to call the UK "England "`cos our welsh,scottish,irish friends get SOOOO wound up!!)
Back to top Go down
rcwilli

PostSubject: Re: I'll introduce myself   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi guys!!

Im am from Germany but im living in Bogota, Colombia!
I have a 1,50 m Sailplane, a little Silverlit plane, a picozz, an E-Sky Honey Bee, a Rc Monster, and a Graupner Boat fly high smiley-happy088

Greetings from colombia
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: I'll introduce myself   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi,
I am from Lithuania (in Europe rofl ) and I am now flying belt cp v2. It is very stable heli compared to hbfp smiley-happy088 after 1 month owning this heli I can do fast forward flight bouncy I had hbfp which is the best trainer you can find.
Greetings and nice flying fly high
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re:   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:01 pm

HI all. I am located in New York City, New York. I started a website for wicked mods.
on the 4-channel Exceed Falcon 40/ Walkera #4/ E-Sky HBFP goto:

(Click below)
I'll introduce myself Starwars2

noob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll introduce myself   I'll introduce myself I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'll introduce myself
Page 1 of 1