RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Feathering shaft grease

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

Feathering shaft grease Empty
PostSubject: Feathering shaft grease   Feathering shaft grease I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:45 pm

I was looking at finless bob's videos about the 450 pro build on helifreak and he suggested greasing the bearings on the feathering shaft. I haven't found any reference to the type of grease to use. Anyone have any suggestions?

Curt
Back to top Go down
lar5web

lar5web

PostSubject: Feathering shaft grease   Feathering shaft grease I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:30 pm

greasing thinks on helis you should handle with absolutely care. Bearings, which have to "ẅork", are closed anyway and are maintenance free.
wrong grease can have a negative effect and/or destroy rubber and plastic rings.
i think, keeping things clean and free of fat is best.
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft grease   Feathering shaft grease I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:01 pm

If I was to use anything on mine it would be graphite powder. Does not hold dusk and grit so is less abrasive to moving parts. Just a bit messy to use sometimes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft grease   Feathering shaft grease I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feathering shaft grease
Page 1 of 1